Amount

Chat room - line by line - Story Workshop

24 Apr 2019 13:51 - 24 Apr 2019 23:12 #63803 by fats
Hi all,

I'm going to try out something that has been done on this forum but has not worked out as well as it could be.

Starting on Saturday I'm going to set up a new room on the discord chat server for a one line at a time story workshop.

The idea that I've come up with is this, every Saturday a new story will be started with a single line, then another user will add the next line and another user will add the next and so on. At the end of the week the story that has been created will be either added to the library (if it's complete) or the forum (if it's not complete) and a new story will be started with the room cleaned out, this will not be a completion like the normal workshops but a collaborative story where users can add a single line and get the story built.

My thinking why I want to use the discord chat server rather than the forum is simple, the way the chat server works will make it easier to add and view the story as it develops, so what I need is some one-line ideas for stories to be crafted to be posted in this thread and for people to give me some feedback on the idea, I'm hoping that people who not normally write stories could get involved and maybe this will get them started on the path to be a writer.

I await your thoughts

Fats
Last edit: 24 Apr 2019 23:12 by fats.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Woodclaw, erikphandel, Garth_Vader

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
25 Apr 2019 01:34 #63804 by OmniScribbler
Replied by OmniScribbler on topic Chat room - line by line - Story Workshop
I think this is a great idea and sounds like a lot of fun.

More
25 Apr 2019 11:51 #63805 by AuGoose
Replied by AuGoose on topic Chat room - line by line - Story Workshop
Interesting idea. I'm quite curious to see how that plays out.

More
28 Apr 2019 20:52 #63827 by fats
First Story has now been started in the chat server, you can find it by clicking on the discord chat server link in the menu.

I want to thank cold snap for contributing the first story to this endeavour.

Fats

• fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds