Amount

Silencer Payback---Watch It Now For Free

15 Jul 2015 18:08 #43191 by JessP
Hi Guys!
We decided to show everybody some love by releasing our latest short Silencer: Payback free of charge on YouTube!
You can help us out by Liking, Subscribing, Sharing; all that good stuff!
Make sure you stick around after the credits for a special message from Charlie :)
Jess

The following user(s) said Thank You: SHTL, Sarge395, jdrock24, Woodclaw, d_k_c, Dru1076, clipfreak, Helstar, earllechec, Revan, pansardum

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jul 2015 22:50 #43193 by pansardum
Replied by pansardum on topic Silencer Payback---Watch It Now For Free
Great vid, I really enjoyed it, even though there was a bit more gun usage from Charlie than fit my personal preference .

Still a really bad ass featurette with a really nice incentive at the end, I mean how could I say no to Charlie :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: JessP

More
15 Jul 2015 23:32 #43194 by Esteban
Replied by Esteban on topic Silencer Payback---Watch It Now For Free
I absolutely love the humour! Probably unparalleled in the genre. Also, Charlie is super hot. Just in case anybody didn't know ;)

More
16 Jul 2015 10:04 #43196 by SHTL
Replied by SHTL on topic Silencer Payback---Watch It Now For Free
Fantastic.
Thanks a lot,
Ennio.

More
16 Jul 2015 11:22 - 16 Jul 2015 11:23 #43197 by Dru1076
Replied by Dru1076 on topic Silencer Payback---Watch It Now For Free
Mmmm...doughnuts...

YUM!

As always, the Wicked City team did a great job. I have no real idea how hard putting these films together is, but I sure am glad you guys are working as hard you are on them.
Last edit: 16 Jul 2015 11:23 by Dru1076.

More
16 Jul 2015 11:23 #43198 by kikass2014
Replied by kikass2014 on topic Silencer Payback---Watch It Now For Free
Just posted a reply on another forum for this, so I'll just retype it here :)

I WANT DOUGHNUTS!!!

Seriously I loved this short :) Gotta agree, the humour was great :D

That's what I love about all the WCG films. The love they seem to put into their productions. Like its all been thought through and put together in a consistent tone. Ofc I could be WAY off the mark and they just wing it lol :P

I especially like the low-angle shot of Charlie walking across frame and then a doughnut just casually rolls by LOL :P

Anyway, very kind of you to release this for free, and I anxiously await your next feature :)

Peace.

/K

P.S. Still waiting on my favourite Lexx to get some ass-kicking actions :P And while not in this film, in others she always seems to be picked on. Time for her to get some payback herself :evil:

More
20 Jul 2015 18:26 #43264 by JessP
Replied by JessP on topic Silencer Payback---Watch It Now For Free
Thanks for the kind words!
The shot of the doughnut rolling across the floor was THE HARDEST SHOT we've ever done. Seriously, it took like 20 takes. You'd think doughnuts would roll in a straight line...
~Jess
The following user(s) said Thank You: SHTL, Dru1076

More
21 Jul 2015 05:32 #43273 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Silencer Payback---Watch It Now For Free
Just got around to watching this.

I love this (Charlie is my favorite). And it's the humor that helps sell these.

Though I don't know why more people don't try to run. Running seems like the best option that -maybe- while she's busy playing with everyone else you might get away. (I suspect that people running would take break a few minutes later, having run away, out of breath, to turn around and find Charlie there smiling).

Still, these are always such fun. Thanks for showing it free!

More
21 Jul 2015 05:46 #43274 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Silencer Payback---Watch It Now For Free

JessP wrote: Thanks for the kind words!
The shot of the doughnut rolling across the floor was THE HARDEST SHOT we've ever done. Seriously, it took like 20 takes. You'd think doughnuts would roll in a straight line...
~Jess

This is why movies use so much CGI these days.

Pastry shots. they take forever.

and don't get me started on cakes.

More
21 Jul 2015 15:37 #43276 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Silencer Payback---Watch It Now For Free
I do not regret buying every single one of the productions to date.

Not the biggest fan of the girls using firearms against their victims.

Pastry kills in so many ways and is yet worth every bite. Put some bacon in the next one and beer in another for comedic effect. The trifecta of what kills us in the best possible ways. Fat, drunk, and stupid.

Still hoping for more implied flight and levitation scenes. Look down upon those peons!

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
21 Jul 2015 19:55 #43277 by fats
Replied by fats on topic Silencer Payback---Watch It Now For Free
I have to agree with the comments, the use of guns is not in keeping with what we expect with our girls of power.

I would also like to say that you need to change the shooting location, you need to mix things up.

Please don’t take this as a negative post, i do support all the work that you and other content makes do.

Fats
The following user(s) said Thank You: Coolnetter

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
22 Jul 2015 17:35 #43291 by TwiceOnThursdays
It makes sense for Charlie to use guns. She was an assassin, and is trained to use them, and it's what she relied upon before she got her powers. She's just using toys she likes to pay with.

I get that it's much more fun to see her use her powers -- but I always took her using guns to be very IN character for Charlie, just like her humor, and how she approaches things (like sneaking back and guiltily sneaking a bite from donut after killing everyone in the room). So while it's not my favorite thing, it ups the believability to me. Take her gun use away and I think she looses something.

Also, she's playing with them. It's fun for her. Gunfights used to be full of danger -- now they're a game. That's part of the enjoyment (at least for me), is to see her having some fun. Evil evil fun.

The other women don't really use guns that much -- because they're not Charlie.

(And I'll give mad props to the donut too.)

I think maybe the next fight Charlie gets in, maybe she should up the game: no repeats. She can shoot someone (once), snap their neck (once), stomp them to pudding (once), etc. So after a bit she has to start to get creative, pick up a quarter and throw it through them, toss a car on them, rip their arms of and beat them to death with them, grab someone and move fast, and then stop and let them go (splat), move people into the paths of other people's bullets, knives, chains, etc. She's an assassin, so she probably knows a LOT of ways to kill someone, and with her strength and speed, she has many more now. (this might pose a special effects problem, but I think you could figure out 20-30 unique ways for Charlie to kill that don't cost that much to film)

She might even announce her attention at the start of the fight and have one guy hold her off for a second with an argument "hey you already did that!". Him she probably kills by flicking him in the head with her finger. (That could even be the End Boss.)

Also: someone should try running. I'd be running. Or begging. I don't think either would be effective, but they're more effective than shooting at her.

BTW, Love the "I didn't say for how long." ;-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Revan

More
22 Jul 2015 23:33 #43293 by Revan
Replied by Revan on topic Silencer Payback---Watch It Now For Free

TwiceOnThursdays wrote: It makes sense for Charlie to use guns. She was an assassin, and is trained to use them, and it's what she relied upon before she got her powers. She's just using toys she likes to pay with.

I get that it's much more fun to see her use her powers -- but I always took her using guns to be very IN character for Charlie, just like her humor, and how she approaches things (like sneaking back and guiltily sneaking a bite from donut after killing everyone in the room). So while it's not my favorite thing, it ups the believability to me. Take her gun use away and I think she looses something.

Also, she's playing with them. It's fun for her. Gunfights used to be full of danger -- now they're a game. That's part of the enjoyment (at least for me), is to see her having some fun. Evil evil fun.

This person gets it. I agree 100%.

Sure guns are not a big appeal here, but it's perfectly in line with what WCG is doing. Not limit itself to a supergirl blueprint but go for the bad girl vibe (with superpowers). The clothes/lack of costume are part of that, giving the girls a background story and using that to determine how each girl acts just adds to the diversity. Which is a very good thing imo.
Take that away and we'll most likely end up with less variety and more 'standard' choke lifts and eyebeams. Nothing wrong with those but too much of the same gets old (which ultimately turned me off many other producers of superwomen material).
Lack of variety is a big pitfall in this genre and so far kudos to Jess and her team for putting in great effort to mix things up.

And in line with this opinion I agree with Fats, we've seen that location enough lately

More
24 Jul 2015 12:05 #43320 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Silencer Payback---Watch It Now For Free

TwiceOnThursdays wrote: It makes sense for Charlie to use guns. She was an assassin, and is trained to use them, and it's what she relied upon before she got her powers. She's just using toys she likes to pay with.

(And I'll give mad props to the donut too.)

I think maybe the next fight Charlie gets in, maybe she should up the game: no repeats. She can shoot someone (once), snap their neck (once), stomp them to pudding (once), etc. So after a bit she has to start to get creative, pick up a quarter and throw it through them, toss a car on them, rip their arms of and beat them to death with them, grab someone and move fast, and then stop and let them go (splat), move people into the paths of other people's bullets, knives, chains, etc. She's an assassin, so she probably knows a LOT of ways to kill someone, and with her strength and speed, she has many more now. (this might pose a special effects problem, but I think you could figure out 20-30 unique ways for Charlie to kill that don't cost that much to film)

She might even announce her attention at the start of the fight and have one guy hold her off for a second with an argument "hey you already did that!". Him she probably kills by flicking him in the head with her finger. (That could even be the End Boss.)

Also: someone should try running. I'd be running. Or begging. I don't think either would be effective, but they're more effective than shooting at her.

BTW, Love the "I didn't say for how long." ;-)

I would like to add one consideration: killing people with guns is common, killing people with heat vision is not. Choosing a gun over superpowers is reasonable if you want to keep a low profile (which Charlie kind of tries compared to JG or Callie). Having a room full of bodies semi-incinerated with heat vision would cause the wrong people to ask the right questions.

More
29 Jul 2015 18:01 #43417 by JessP
Replied by JessP on topic Silencer Payback---Watch It Now For Free
As always, thanks for the awesome feedback!
I think you guys nailed it as to why Charlie would use guns when she has superpowers.
We always approached as Charlie simply relying on her training; she IS a CIA trained assassin after all.
You can rest assured that she's pretty much done with guns at this point.
Interesting tidbit: Silencer: Leviathan was actually a (very) elaborate custom movie. The client specifically wanted the emphasis on guns. Of course we couldn't resist throwing in a fair amount of superpowers :)
We've written a very extensive back story for Charlie that we'd love to film; we're just trying to figure out if it's practical. (And if anybody would want to see it)
Any-who, we had an absolute blast making Payback and we have more stuff coming down the pipe, so stay tuned!
~Jess
The following user(s) said Thank You: SHTL

More
29 Jul 2015 20:10 #43421 by TwiceOnThursdays

JessP wrote: As always, thanks for the awesome feedback!
I think you guys nailed it as to why Charlie would use guns when she has superpowers.
We always approached as Charlie simply relying on her training; she IS a CIA trained assassin after all.
You can rest assured that she's pretty much done with guns at this point.
Interesting tidbit: Silencer: Leviathan was actually a (very) elaborate custom movie. The client specifically wanted the emphasis on guns. Of course we couldn't resist throwing in a fair amount of superpowers :)
We've written a very extensive back story for Charlie that we'd love to film; we're just trying to figure out if it's practical. (And if anybody would want to see it)
Any-who, we had an absolute blast making Payback and we have more stuff coming down the pipe, so stay tuned!
~Jess

Uh the more Charlie the better. In any way. ;-) You just have to put it up and I click the little button next to it and order it. So far that little contract has worked out pretty well for me. ;-)

And as I said, I LIKE that she uses guns. I love the super power stuff even more, and I'd love to see her fight one of the other ladies. ;-) But I love that it's a quirk of hers. I don't really want her to stop it anymore than I want her humor to change. It's all part of why she's awesome.

It might be interesting to see her outmatched,,,, but use her particular skill set to at least get away and learn about things later. She does have a particular set of skills....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Revan

More
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds