Amount

Maiden Network

02 Jan 2015 12:41 #39661 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Maiden Comics Studio / Maiden Network
Check

They are the professionals offering a service.
I should not have to work for it also.
If Maiden can not resolve my problem soon on their end I am out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jan 2015 06:02 - 03 Jan 2015 14:38 #39684 by gomaller
Replied by gomaller on topic Maiden Comics Studio / Maiden Network

shadar wrote:

gomaller wrote: Hey everybody I had found this site a couple of weeks ago and thought I'll share this with y'all its called Maiden Comics Studios it is a motion picture production company based out of Charlotte, North Carolina that develops female action packed feature length films based on characters.

Your comment about North Carolina reminded me of a visit to Asheville a number of years ago. It was a fine,warm summer day and we were bicycling around town. At first it seemed fairly typical of most college town during summer break, but I began to notice that we kept coming across these Amazonian-grade young woman who were also bicycling. Not just college students, but mostly mid to late twenties. They all looked much like the picture I posted from the Maiden Network. And not just one or two such women, which would in itself be remarkable for a casual ride around town, but dozens of them. We stopped at this one coffee shop that was run by a couple of astoundingly powerful-looking and very attractive young women, and another half dozen came in who were cut from the same cloth, always in the company of other women who looked the same (and never with men). They were all chatty and huggy with each other but gave me and the other patrons no notice. We felt a bit invisible. I'd never seen such a concentration of powerful women.

I joked to my wife that the Amazons from Paradise Island had relocated to North Carolina. But joking aside, it was a very strange but enjoyable experience. Of course, I didn't ask anyone about it (how do you even phrase the question? "I notice that there are all kinds of you Amazonian types living here. Are you all lesbians?")

In the end, I chalked it up to my getting old and the strong focus on women's athletics at the local university. But it was definitely uncanny. These women were all at the extremes of both muscular development and healthy attractiveness.

Now we have this Maiden Network coming out of that same general area with a number of actresses who remind me of my day in Asheville. Probably not a coincidence, but I admit I haven't a clue what is actually going on. And this was from a time when I traveled extensively, all over the world, and I never saw a population of Amazonian types even a tenth as concentrated as Asheville.

For what its worth... maybe someone else has some idea what's going on in North Carolina.

Shadar

a very fascinating and interesting post Shadar, I can tell you there a great deal of beauty and talent within both north and south Carolina region, from the stuff I've seen over the years by those two states puts certain mainstream movies or tv shows etc to shame they have a lot of truly gifted people especially the women who are hard workers and serious about there craft whether it's acting, modeling etc, it's good to see local talent start there own version of hollywood based in there own states ( Utah, Oregon, Arizona, New Mexico, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Tennessee, Massachusetts, Michigan, Ohio, Colorado, Texas, Georgia, florida, maryland, Washington, North and South Carolina) instead of moving to California to pursuit there dream in acting or filmmaking which may not always come true, so I'm happy that maiden comics and others too are opening up there production companies in there home states potentially growing and improving as filmmakers helping there actresses and actors get exposure.
Last edit: 03 Jan 2015 14:38 by gomaller.

• gomaller
  • gomaller's Avatar Topic Author
More
03 Jan 2015 13:23 #39687 by Markiehoe
Just got an E-mail from Maiden Comics

"Thank you very much for your inquiry. We are very sorry to hear that you are having problems watching content. Our developers are working on the first update for the network that will help make navigation a bit simpler and offer multiple bit rate streams which will help with your issue. We will begin making High/Medium/Low res versions of titles available for those with DSL connections. We hope to have the update completed by end of day Monday.

Thanks again and we hope you enjoy the Maiden Network!"

Never hurts to ask for help.
Thanks Maiden Comics!

More
04 Jan 2015 00:29 #39698 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Maiden Comics Studio / Maiden Network
Not going to get this for awhile(have shitty internet connection)- but curious for more thoughts on athena and some of the other movies. Hey your getting 75 hours.

Castor

More
05 Jan 2015 09:35 - 05 Jan 2015 09:37 #39715 by gomaller
Here the lead actress from Athena Goddess of War dressed as Wonder Woman

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 05 Jan 2015 09:37 by gomaller.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dauntingmold

• gomaller
More
05 Jan 2015 12:25 #39716 by Markiehoe
Maiden Comics has overhauled their website over the weekend and i am now able to view the Athena movie.

This movie has a lot going for it.
Well shot, well acted and funny in some places.
The fight scenes are really well done.

The costumes are first rate barring one exception.
The main character Athena's is just wrong in so many places.
Her first costume, the white one that we see so briefly, is so much better.
So much time, effort and attention to detail is spent on other things that could have been spent on the main characters costume.
The actress and character, deserved better.
I hope an upgrade is made in any future movies.

The movie is a little long with a lot of time spent on the male characters.
There are many characters introduced and abandoned quite quickly just to pad out the beginning of the movie.

The villains are really convincing with great back stories.
The male super villain has the best costume.

All in all pretty darn good.
Shorter, tighter movie next time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, castor

More
09 Jan 2015 03:46 #39775 by gomaller
It's good to see maidencomics up on superwomenmania welcome!!

• gomaller
More
18 Jan 2015 15:49 #39897 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Maiden Comics Studio / Maiden Network
I joined. Monthly recurring. Watched the main movies. Liked them. But due to the fact that I cannot download and watch whenever I want later I quit.

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
07 Feb 2015 19:35 #40289 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Maiden Comics Studio / Maiden Network
Regarding Athena's "awful costume" that was the major critique for more than a few (including myself), Maiden has worked some "Turner Network magic" and colorized her costume and released an Athena v2.0 on their Roku Channel.

The costume is now red and looks MUCH, MUCH better in the contest of the rest of the movie. She looks far more heroic. If you were hesitating, I'd recommend checking it out now at maidencomics.com .

ElF

Markiehoe wrote: Maiden Comics has overhauled their website over the weekend and i am now able to view the Athena movie.

This movie has a lot going for it.
Well shot, well acted and funny in some places.
The fight scenes are really well done.

The costumes are first rate barring one exception.
The main character Athena's is just wrong in so many places.
Her first costume, the white one that we see so briefly, is so much better.
So much time, effort and attention to detail is spent on other things that could have been spent on the main characters costume.
The actress and character, deserved better.
I hope an upgrade is made in any future movies.

The movie is a little long with a lot of time spent on the male characters.
There are many characters introduced and abandoned quite quickly just to pad out the beginning of the movie.

The villains are really convincing with great back stories.
The male super villain has the best costume.

All in all pretty darn good.
Shorter, tighter movie next time.

More
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds