Amount

Supergirl Audition "Info"

26 Nov 2014 15:36 - 26 Nov 2014 15:37 #39138 by lfan
Supergirl Audition "Info" was created by lfan
Well, it appears Kayla Compton, the pretty young lady in the video below, is at least auditioning for the role of Kara in the upcoming series. Even more interesting is some of the info that we can infer from her clips:

1 -- the "accident" they refer to in the character descriptions that causes her to "come out" is a train derailment
2 -- the relationship with her sister -- at least from this interlude -- doesn't seem that close or buddy/buddy (but that might be me)
3 -- they mention Superman, so he at least exists in this universe
4 -- they do NOT seem to depower her at all. She talks about lifting a train and wadding up a steel desk into a ball
5 -- she really seems to relish her new role



Of COURSE, this is just an audition tape and probably based off some casting sides that may or may NOT be in the pilot. I know the scenes from the casting sides from the Bionic Woman remake were DRAMATICALLY different than what eventually aired. Same (to a lesser extent) for Super Ex-Girlfriend. So, who knows if this is just some test screening or actual scenes from the pilot/series, but its our first glimpse of possibly what they are planning......

I posted the third clip here, but you can visit her youtube page and view the others (there are 4 total)......please don't creep her out, people! :P

ElF
Last edit: 26 Nov 2014 15:37 by lfan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dave147, shadar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • SWM - Administrator
  • SWM - Administrator
More
26 Nov 2014 16:23 #39139 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Supergirl Audition "Info"
Those auditions are great, both because she's a compelling actress who is trying to play the role straight, but also because of what the clips reveal. A domineering Lois Lane and Kara, who is proudly trying to break out of her life of pretending to be ordinary. Easy to see her blossoming into a great character given she has a good heart.

Of course, I understand the usual disclaimers, but if this is the character they are trying to create, then I like where they are going. A lot!

TKs for sharing ELF.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Nov 2014 21:09 #39144 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Supergirl Audition "Info"

shadar wrote: Those auditions are great, both because she's a compelling actress who is trying to play the role straight, but also because of what the clips reveal. A domineering Lois Lane and Kara, who is proudly trying to break out of her life of pretending to be ordinary. Easy to see her blossoming into a great character given she has a good heart.

Of course, I understand the usual disclaimers, but if this is the character they are trying to create, then I like where they are going. A lot!

TKs for sharing ELF.


All four videos have her interacting with another woman who plays multiple roles.

On second listen, it's her sister that she's talking with in audition #3.

In video #1, she's talking to her boss, a woman who doesn't know that Kara is secretly "superchick".
In video #2, she's talking to Jimmy Olson. This is my favorite of the four videos. More revealing of the character.
In video #4, she's talking to her boss again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Nov 2014 21:17 #39145 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Supergirl Audition "Info"
I am going to guess this is fake

Your right that casting videos often are very diffrent-they right scripts more for emotions they look for rather then specific content- but these videos almost always come out after the fact when no one cares about NDAs(look up the audition reel for Kurt russel for Han Solo-its kind of fun).

That said i don't disagree with Shadar-this is a nice e video and its good to see people take this seriously. If i am right that some of this dialogue is fake its a shame cause some of the lines are kind of poetic. But i do have a little bit of faith that CBS may try to do something similar and hope they can come up to something like this -that could be something. Like i said- cast for Kara, make that compelling and you have something.

Castor
The following user(s) said Thank You: kilgoretrout

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • castor
  • castor's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Uberposter of Distinction
  • Uberposter of Distinction
More
27 Nov 2014 00:38 #39147 by five_red
Replied by five_red on topic Supergirl Audition "Info"

castor wrote: I am going to guess this is fake


I saw this a few days ago and assumed it was a speculative video put up by a young hopeful, on the off-chance that the show's producers would see it, or it would go viral thanks to fans. I can't think of any reason why a real audition video would be uploaded to YouTube, with public visibility enabled, when more private sharing options are available.


R5

Supergirl Pre-Crisis Chronology: www.superwomenmania.com/supergirltl/
Supergirl: the Life and Times of Kara Zor-El: maidofmight.wordpress.com/
DeviantArt: 5red.deviantart.com/
Blog: x5red.tumblr.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2014 02:38 #39148 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Supergirl Audition "Info"

five_red wrote:

castor wrote: I am going to guess this is fake


I saw this a few days ago and assumed it was a speculative video put up by a young hopeful, on the off-chance that the show's producers would see it, or it would go viral thanks to fans. I can't think of any reason why a real audition video would be uploaded to YouTube, with public visibility enabled, when more private sharing options are available.


R5


Except the actress in question (Kayla) has earned her chops on several TV shows. She's a professional actor, albeit on the bottom rung of the Hollywood hierarchy. She's exactly the type of actress they claim they are looking for. Right age, right looks, interesting attitude and intensity, high motivation and undoubtably cheap.

She's known for King's Faith (2013), Highway to Havasu (2015) and Perception (2012). She's also had a recurring role on Entourage plus some other minor roles. Mostly bottom rung shows but still professional paying gigs.

The lead role on Supergirl would be a big breakout for her. She's actually a singer from Florida who moved over to acting a few years ago. I enjoy her intensity.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2014 03:09 #39149 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Supergirl Audition "Info"

shadar wrote:

five_red wrote:

castor wrote: I am going to guess this is fake


Except the actress in question (Kayla) has earned her chops on several TV shows. She's a professional actor, albeit on the bottom rung of the Hollywood hierarchy. She's exactly the type of actress they claim they are looking for. Right age, right looks, interesting attitude and intensity, high motivation and undoubtably cheap.

The lead role on Supergirl would be a big breakout for her. She's actually a singer from Florida who moved over to acting a few years ago. I enjoy her intensity.


Actually i am going to say that makes her a good candidate for something like- known enough to people but who wants her big shot. maybe she did this with her agent(and i do suppose there is a chance that she got the sides or something). If this did go viral maybe they give her a read. Or maybe this just gets her name out to other casting agents and producers.

If this fake- i can't imagine DC or CBS would actually get to mad at her. You do here stories of casting being a very strange process, with actors going to big lengths to get parts, or outrageous things happening. There is the gamble this will go viral-with 18 hits i don't see it.

As for me-i think shes pretty good. I don't quite get the love- but there is something earnest i admire, and she has the chops in the comedy scenes and in the drama-but its a little deer in the headlights, which if you pused further it maybe intresting. So who knows. She may have a future.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • castor
  • castor's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Uberposter of Distinction
  • Uberposter of Distinction
More
27 Nov 2014 17:11 #39151 by AJF
Replied by AJF on topic Supergirl Audition "Info"
Her IMDB resueme says that she's five feet 1 and part latina.. Will WB be willing to cast a mixed race actress to play Supergirl, a character that has always been depicted as having blonde hair and blue eyes?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2014 18:55 #39153 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Supergirl Audition "Info"

AJF wrote: Her IMDB resueme says that she's five feet 1 and part latina.. Will WB be willing to cast a mixed race actress to play Supergirl, a character that has always been depicted as having blonde hair and blue eyes?


Yes. That is probably the least important thing in the casting. Far better to worry about if the actress can handle the role.

She's probably a -bit- too short, but you can make that work too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2014 21:01 - 27 Nov 2014 21:03 #39155 by five_red
Replied by five_red on topic Supergirl Audition "Info"

shadar wrote: Except the actress in question (Kayla) has earned her chops on several TV shows. She's a professional actor, albeit on the bottom rung of the Hollywood hierarchy. She's exactly the type of actress they claim they are looking for. Right age, right looks, interesting attitude and intensity, high motivation and undoubtably cheap.

She's known for King's Faith (2013), Highway to Havasu (2015) and Perception (2012). She's also had a recurring role on Entourage plus some other minor roles. Mostly bottom rung shows but still professional paying gigs.

The lead role on Supergirl would be a big breakout for her. She's actually a singer from Florida who moved over to acting a few years ago. I enjoy her intensity.


I know fans like to get all giddy with excitement at these things, and I don't like to burst your bubble, but the fact that this is on YouTube makes it very unlikely to be a genuine invited audition. If the actress concerned had been asked to submit a video audition by the producers it would either be over Skype/Facetime, or submitted by a private channel like a parcel courier or the upload area of a restricted site. The fact that she already has a few minor credits to her name does not mean she doesn't have to tout for work like most other actors. Even fairly well known actors have to push hard to land roles that interest them.

If you look further on her YouTube channel you'll note she's uploaded several of these videos in quick succession, aimed at different roles currently being cast in different shows. Two such auditions were clearly done in the same room -- either her home or her agent's office. It might suggest that she's just building an online portfolio of auditions, either by practicing using genuine casting calls for inspiration, or genuine video auditions that have been seen by producers but rejected.

Of course, I could be wrong... but the whole thing of making it public on YouTube (not even setting the video to 'private') is just so far outside the norm if this was a real invited audition.


R5

Supergirl Pre-Crisis Chronology: www.superwomenmania.com/supergirltl/
Supergirl: the Life and Times of Kara Zor-El: maidofmight.wordpress.com/
DeviantArt: 5red.deviantart.com/
Blog: x5red.tumblr.com/
Last edit: 27 Nov 2014 21:03 by five_red. Reason: Typo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2014 01:19 #39156 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Supergirl Audition "Info"

five_red wrote:

shadar wrote: Except the actress in question (Kayla) has earned her chops on several TV shows. She's a professional actor, albeit on the bottom rung of the Hollywood hierarchy. She's exactly the type of actress they claim they are looking for. Right age, right looks, interesting attitude and intensity, high motivation and undoubtably cheap.

She's known for King's Faith (2013), Highway to Havasu (2015) and Perception (2012). She's also had a recurring role on Entourage plus some other minor roles. Mostly bottom rung shows but still professional paying gigs.

The lead role on Supergirl would be a big breakout for her. She's actually a singer from Florida who moved over to acting a few years ago. I enjoy her intensity.


I know fans like to get all giddy with excitement at these things, and I don't like to burst your bubble, but the fact that this is on YouTube makes it very unlikely to be a genuine invited audition. If the actress concerned had been asked to submit a video audition by the producers it would either be over Skype/Facetime, or submitted by a private channel like a parcel courier or the upload area of a restricted site. The fact that she already has a few minor credits to her name does not mean she doesn't have to tout for work like most other actors. Even fairly well known actors have to push hard to land roles that interest them.

If you look further on her YouTube channel you'll note she's uploaded several of these videos in quick succession, aimed at different roles currently being cast in different shows. Two such auditions were clearly done in the same room -- either her home or her agent's office. It might suggest that she's just building an online portfolio of auditions, either by practicing using genuine casting calls for inspiration, or genuine video auditions that have been seen by producers but rejected.

Of course, I could be wrong... but the whole thing of making it public on YouTube (not even setting the video to 'private') is just so far outside the norm if this was a real invited audition.


R5


Whether she is considered strongly or not for the role, I don't have the foggiest. However, the dialog in her auditions seems to be to be from sides in that they involve conversations between Kara and three supporting characters (James, Alex and Cat). That seems a bit too coincidental and calculated to me to be made up as a generic "promo reel" of her acting skills.

ElF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • SWM - Administrator
  • SWM - Administrator
More
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds