Amount

Melissa Benoist IS Supergirl!

10 Apr 2015 17:54 #41413 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Melissa Benoist IS Supergirl!
fabulous find, Hunter! Thanks for that!

I think she looks PERFECT! And the suit looks fantastic in natural lighting! I posted this on our SWM page on FB, and it's getting rave reviews and reposts.

ElF

hunterbr2001 wrote: tada!

The following user(s) said Thank You: dave147, hunterbr2001, Supergirlfan, Markiehoe, KarkClent

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 Apr 2015 18:07 #41414 by mo
Replied by mo on topic Melissa Benoist IS Supergirl!
Bravo!

More
11 Apr 2015 00:02 #41419 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Melissa Benoist IS Supergirl!
Not really news but

www.comicbookresources.com/article/new-c...hoto-surfaces-online

but if you read this article you will notice... hey superwomanmania is where the picture is from.

Hey Hunter your a source!!!
B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: hunterbr2001

More
11 Apr 2015 00:31 #41421 by hunterbr2001
Replied by hunterbr2001 on topic Melissa Benoist IS Supergirl!
www.superwomenmania.com is on the news =D

More
11 Apr 2015 00:35 #41422 by hunterbr2001
Replied by hunterbr2001 on topic Melissa Benoist IS Supergirl!
in fact, the credits go to user "DarkSuperman" at www.superheroinehq.com/

More
11 Apr 2015 01:16 #41423 by lfan
Thanks to Hunter's find, SWM's forum has been mentioned today on sites like SuoerheroHype, Kryptonsite, and ComicBookMovie.com. Nice promo on the site indeed!

Thanks, Hunterbr2001!

ElF
The following user(s) said Thank You: hunterbr2001

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 Apr 2015 02:36 #41424 by castor
Wonder where it came from.

Granted this isn't national secrets at this point and it probably no ones going to get fired(though it is fascinating that thought we have seen all three of the costumes from Batman vs Superman Warner brothers really hasn't released or leaked a single other picture- which is pretty good)

So someone probabbly broke an NDA-who, who knows. I supose this could be a plant, but i don't think so

I mean she is clearly posing here. which happens on sets-but just randomly-maybe someone who works there.. and how did it get to the site?

ahh well nice pic. To a degree i think this is the reason for about 20 years you didn't see any costume superheros on Televisions was just the worry how under ordinary lights how they look-and this really is vivid if nothing else.

More
11 Apr 2015 08:18 #41426 by ArgentDragon
Replied by ArgentDragon on topic Melissa Benoist IS Supergirl!

castor wrote: Wonder where it came from.

Granted this isn't national secrets at this point and it probably no ones going to get fired(though it is fascinating that thought we have seen all three of the costumes from Batman vs Superman Warner brothers really hasn't released or leaked a single other picture- which is pretty good)

So someone probabbly broke an NDA-who, who knows. I supose this could be a plant, but i don't think so

I mean she is clearly posing here. which happens on sets-but just randomly-maybe someone who works there.. and how did it get to the site?

ahh well nice pic. To a degree i think this is the reason for about 20 years you didn't see any costume superheros on Televisions was just the worry how under ordinary lights how they look-and this really is vivid if nothing else.

A classic example is the original Star Trek; the colors of the uniforms look much different outside of TV studio lighting. Part of the reason why the uniforms in the first film looked so flat. Originally, they were designed to be used in a new TV series called 'Star Trek: Phase 2'. The TV project was cancelled at the last minute and converted over to production for the film, but they kept the same costumes.

Back to the point, though: yes, she looks amazing in the costume. Can't wait for the series premier

More
11 Apr 2015 09:28 #41427 by oldHarmonyMotion
Replied by oldHarmonyMotion on topic Melissa Benoist IS Supergirl!
the knowledge from our members about filming is really blowing my mind!

• oldHarmonyMotion
More
11 Apr 2015 15:53 - 11 Apr 2015 16:21 #41434 by five_red
Replied by five_red on topic Melissa Benoist IS Supergirl!

castor wrote: So someone probabbly broke an NDA-who, who knows. I supose this could be a plant, but i don't think so

As you say, who knows? They surely won't have NDA'd all the plant workers?!?!! I've been subject to one or two NDA's in my time although but none (I hasten to note) relating to Hollywood; plus I've known friends who've signed them. They tend, in my experience, to relate to IP (intellectual property, such as still-in-progress design work or story details) rather than candid shots of IP that's already been publicly disclosed. Sure, studios hate candid photos, but I've never heard of any use blanket bans through NDAs to stop them. Many production companies can get jumpy about camera phones -- Warner Bros for example had (still has?) restrictions on who can bring cell phones onto its studio spaces, and I once witness burly security guards pounce on a young audience member because they saw him fleetingly take his phone out of his pocket inside the Leno studio, even though no guests were present and no recording was taking place! (Literally physically pulled him to one side, surrounded him, searched him, and examined each photo on his phone.)

[Edit] Outside of their own buildings, however, I think studios know they can't exert as much control. I mean, you'd quickly find your requests for location filming would be turned down if you started insisting everyone who strays within a camera lens's distance has to sign a lengthy legal document. In the UK I worked in one building that frequently got used for filming (an old Victorian building with its interior decor perfectly intact) -- company employees just got told to stay out of the way of the crew and watch out for any stray cabling that might suddenly appear. overnight.!

Most likely answer is that someone in the power plant office asked Melissa if they could take a snap, and that got passed on to a family member who they know is interested in comicbooks, and thus onto the internet. To speculate widely: given that the shot isn't a (dreaded) selfie we can perhaps assume the culprit is not of "Generation Snapchat" -- so maybe it is some kindly office lady who thought her nephew would get a kick out of the pic..? :)

Seriously, I've known people who've got their hands on some amazing stuff -- like items signed by all the cast members of an important Doctor Who story just weeks after location filming -- and when you ask them how they came by such unusual artefacts the answer is usually "my auntie works in catering at BBC Wales", or "my brother's girlfriend's sister was 3rd assistant deputy junior makeup lady"... :)

Remember, all of us are only six degrees of separation from Melissa Benoist :)

R5
Last edit: 11 Apr 2015 16:21 by five_red.

More
12 Apr 2015 11:40 #41447 by dave147
Replied by dave147 on topic Melissa Benoist IS Supergirl!
this like a dream come true see I was kid longing for a superfemale show esp supergirl yes I enjoyed laura version of kara/supergirl in smallville was great and hoping this gets as much airtime as that but cant wait to see this I never though main strean superfemale show barring buffy type of show still keeping my fingers crossed it not cancelled etc but looking super great so far

More
13 Apr 2015 00:13 #41452 by Classic Superman
Replied by Classic Superman on topic Melissa Benoist IS Supergirl!
New colors & new logo

Attachment 2060853color3.jpg not found

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Albais, SCOTT R

More
13 Apr 2015 02:39 #41453 by castor

Classic Superman wrote: New colors & new logo

Attachment 2060853color3.jpg not found

You know what. Fine picture. Fine picture.

But i am going to say-kind of like what they have done with it better. Yours looks for lack of a better word..cosplayish. The original picture kind of transcends that.

More
17 Apr 2015 22:32 #41531 by AJF
Replied by AJF on topic Melissa Benoist IS Supergirl!
Nellie Andreeva of deadlinehollywooddaily did not have much info about Supergirl in recently posted pilot panic report.
She said recently there were rumors that the show would go to the CW network instead of CBS, but now those rumors look unfounded.

More
18 Apr 2015 00:23 #41533 by castor

AJF wrote: Nellie Andreeva of deadlinehollywooddaily did not have much info about Supergirl in recently posted pilot panic report.
She said recently there were rumors that the show would go to the CW network instead of CBS, but now those rumors look unfounded.

Reading the article the one fact she mentioned "This pilot seems to be under the radar"

With multiple articles on most entertanment sights even for fairly minor castings, appearances on pretty yahoo facebook etc...not getting the sense that under the radar is the term to describe this.

I don't think shes going to www.supergirl.tv.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SupergirlTV

More
18 Apr 2015 01:01 #41537 by mo
Replied by mo on topic Melissa Benoist IS Supergirl!
I guess it's encouraging to think that there could be the potential fall back of the CW if it doesn't do what it needs to do to keep running on CBS.

On another note, I wonder if they are waiting for the Superman V Batman trailer launch to pass before releasing the Supergirl one. I'm hoping it won't be long now...

More
18 Apr 2015 02:00 #41541 by SupergirlTV
Replied by SupergirlTV on topic Melissa Benoist IS Supergirl!

castor wrote:

AJF wrote: Nellie Andreeva of deadlinehollywooddaily did not have much info about Supergirl in recently posted pilot panic report.

Reading the article the one fact she mentioned "This pilot seems to be under the radar"

With multiple articles on most entertanment sights even for fairly minor castings, appearances on pretty yahoo facebook etc...not getting the sense that under the radar is the term to describe this.

I don't think shes going to www.supergirl.tv.

Ha ha thanks for the mention!

More
25 Apr 2015 12:13 #41659 by AJF
Andreeva reports again today that Supergirl is a contender for series pickup.

More
29 Apr 2015 14:41 #41703 by Rich
Replied by Rich on topic Melissa Benoist IS Supergirl!
Any update as to whether this has been picked up yet?

More
29 Apr 2015 17:32 - 29 Apr 2015 17:48 #41706 by lfan
We'll know officially I think around May 14th when CBS reveals their Fall lineup, though I would suspect it'll leak shortly before then. Newsarama (via Variety) now reporting that a trailer will drop on the 14th. Woo-hoo!

www.newsarama.com/24339-report-supergirl...o-series-at-cbs.html

ElF
Last edit: 29 Apr 2015 17:48 by lfan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
29 Apr 2015 17:55 #41707 by AJF
If you go to Benoist's IMDB page and look up Supergirl, you'll see that her appearances are Pilot and episode 2. It also says that in pilot she's called Kara/Supergirl and in episode 2 she's called Linda/Supergirl.

Shauna Duggins is listed as her stunt double, not the stuntwoman listed posted earlier. Duggins is even taller than Benoist and was Jennifer Garners double on Alias and A Palicki's double for the WW pilot a few years back. The other, shorter stuntwoman may be for young Kara.

More
29 Apr 2015 18:14 #41708 by SupergirlTV
Replied by SupergirlTV on topic Melissa Benoist IS Supergirl!

lfan wrote: We'll know officially I think around May 14th when CBS reveals their Fall lineup, though I would suspect it'll leak shortly before then. Newsarama (via Variety) now reporting that a trailer will drop on the 14th. Woo-hoo!

www.newsarama.com/24339-report-supergirl...o-series-at-cbs.html

ElF

Where does the Variety Article say that? variety.com/2015/tv/news/pilot-buzz-supergirl-cbs-1201481623/ if that is the source article, then is says that CW will premier a trailer for the spin off show, not Supergirl.

More
01 May 2015 02:07 #41736 by lfan
THR just released some interesting commentary that Supergirl might not even wait till Fall --- it might be released as a Summer series:

www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/10-t...-score-series-792670

I frankly this is just speculation, as I think logistically it would be too hard/expensive to produce episodes for a summer run, given that it is already May (well, at least it will be May in 3 hours here)

ElF

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
01 May 2015 02:19 - 01 May 2015 02:22 #41737 by castor
I think there perhaps thinking of *Next* Summer.

Which you know might be frustrating for fans...but well will give them more time for effects. I think i have said otherwise, i would have a hard time imagining they could have something ready by october for a regular weekly run.

Though i will say from the article i am not entirely sure of the logic on it, especially pairing with shows like Under the Dome, i doubt is going to go to 2016. Doing a superhero show to compete in time with superhero movies may not really work well..but will see. this does sound like there going to do something with it.

Also this is not an exageration to say this is the most clearly anticiapted show of 2015 season by a long shot. Thats a long time to wait for Supergirl.
Last edit: 01 May 2015 02:22 by castor.

More
01 May 2015 02:30 #41738 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Melissa Benoist IS Supergirl!
I frankly do not wish to wait till next summer.

Let's stick with a fall release.
October would be nice, after the September bloodbath of failed shows are presented.
The following user(s) said Thank You: castor

More
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds