Amount

SG Blake Neely: Music | Greg Berlanti: Which Costume its NOT

18 Feb 2015 03:55 #40449 by SupergirlTV
www.supergirl.tv/blake-neely-music-costume-hint We have some info on the music for Supergirl, and we know which costume Supergirl Isn't wearing in the show!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SupergirlTV
  • SupergirlTV's Avatar Topic Author
More
18 Feb 2015 15:26 #40450 by lfan

SupergirlTV wrote: www.supergirl.tv/blake-neely-music-costume-hint We have some info on the music for Supergirl, and we know which costume Supergirl Isn't wearing in the show!

Well, I didn't think there was ANYWAY the uber-short, Turner-version of the costume was gonna be used for network tv....I hope they put something cool together, but female superhero costumes on TV these days all tend to have that dark, leather-jumpsuit look to them it seems....

ElF

More
18 Feb 2015 16:12 - 18 Feb 2015 16:21 #40451 by castor
Ahh hes doing the music?

I realize his work on the Flash is hard to compare to the original 90s show -which had probabbly a top10 score of any TV show ever music...but ehhhhh. Well i hope he does good work. Its amoung Elfmans best works....but that said.

Superheros need good music-they need grand music Its really helps what makes it pop. Stuff like the original Supermans effects don't all look great today-but the music is still spectacular- for something like Supergirl in particular on a tv budget your going ot need to make something that really sells the effects-you maybe vaugely able to see the wires, but if Benoit can sell what shes feeling and the music helps the montauge-thats something that could be something amazing and spectacular..

and i hope he can do it.

Castor
Last edit: 18 Feb 2015 16:21 by castor.

More
19 Feb 2015 01:46 #40473 by rednecko
I get the feeling it's the New 52 style costume we're getting. She's not wearing the Animated version or the Mid-90's version. She probably won't wear the short shorts version for the late 1970's. Let me totally wrong on this, but the New 52 costume works best for a Leather type costume such as the Flash and Arrow.

More
19 Feb 2015 16:45 #40478 by mo
I think there's a good chance there'll be a new costume designed for the show.

The suspense is killing me!

More
19 Feb 2015 17:40 #40481 by TwiceOnThursdays
If I have to bet it'll be a new costume.

It might share some design elements with the current DC52 uniform, but I would think that they'd make their own (informed by her past costumes). For one they have a real human being to put in the costume, and not everything looks great on every body type, so they'll make changes as needed.

Pretty much every visual adaptation of a character has done so. What character wears EXACTLY the costume they do in the comics? Even Superman generally has some minor tweaks (Though the Chris Reeves version is pretty spot on to the comics IIRC). The marvel movies change up every uniform.

More
19 Feb 2015 21:18 - 19 Feb 2015 21:18 #40487 by lfan
I'm leaning over some type of traditional/MOS crossover like this:

I could see them however NOT doning a skirt and having her wear pants. I desperately hope that doesn't happen though.

ElF

TwiceOnThursdays wrote: If I have to bet it'll be a new costume.

It might share some design elements with the current DC52 uniform, but I would think that they'd make their own (informed by her past costumes). For one they have a real human being to put in the costume, and not everything looks great on every body type, so they'll make changes as needed.

Pretty much every visual adaptation of a character has done so. What character wears EXACTLY the costume they do in the comics? Even Superman generally has some minor tweaks (Though the Chris Reeves version is pretty spot on to the comics IIRC). The marvel movies change up every uniform.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 19 Feb 2015 21:18 by lfan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mo, Random321

More
19 Feb 2015 22:28 #40490 by mo
Id be very happy with that lfan. Pants would be a disaster. They won't do pants will they? Tell me they won't do pants!

More
19 Feb 2015 23:24 #40492 by castor
This image has been around for a couple of years

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

I am going to guess something similar except

* Maybe a little more detailed and perhaps a little more formed around the chest. to suggest armour a touch more.

* Maybe a little less shinny(though it could be this shinny)

I do think CBS knows it basically needs the Cape and the Skirt to work for identity state-This would be controversial online if it wasn't and i am getting the sence they want to avoid that if all possible.

Castor
The following user(s) said Thank You: mo, rednecko

More
20 Feb 2015 04:37 #40494 by Random321
I hope you're right larafan!

More
20 Feb 2015 06:49 - 20 Feb 2015 06:56 #40495 by mo
I'd imagine that the costume will match the tone of the series which by the sounds of it will be leaning towards the lighter side of things.

** Slightly off topic public service announcement** If anyone is new here and doesn't know about Randoms website, go and check it out. I guarantee every single person interested in this thread will have a great time ;)
Www.projectsuperwoman.com
**End of public service announcement**
Last edit: 20 Feb 2015 06:56 by mo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Random321

More
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds