Amount

Supergirl is casting for identical girl twins and identical boy twins

25 Feb 2015 16:08 - 25 Feb 2015 16:09 #40572 by shadar
I notice they are also casting 6-9 month identical twins, both male and female.

I can understand casting a couple of babies to represent Kal and Kara as kids on Krypton, but why identical twins?

Does Kara have a twin sister? (That would be exciting!)

And Kal a twin brother?

Here's a kick in the head thought. Maybe one half of each twin was sent to Earth and the other half to another planet, thus increasing the chances that the children of the elite scientists, Jor El and Zor El, have a chance to survive. So what if they all did survive? And discover each other on Earth?

Talk about new avenues for storytelling. Kara (and maybe Kala or Allura, named after their mom) could really work the secret identity, two-different-people-thing going if she and her twin were on Earth. They could appear together, one as Linda and one as SG to really throw off the scent. Or Supergirl could be in two places at once. Identical costumes and all. Or anything else our twisted imaginations could invent.

And maybe Kal's brother has fallen under evil influences is out to do them all in.

Anyway, so much for my first thing in the morning mental exercise for the day. You know, the ones where I take a grain of sand and create an entire beach.

Shadar
Last edit: 25 Feb 2015 16:09 by shadar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• shadar
  • shadar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
25 Feb 2015 16:12 #40573 by fats
ID twins are used so that production is not stopped if one is a sleep or if one is in a bad mood.

Fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
25 Feb 2015 16:14 #40574 by shadar

fats wrote: ID twins are used so that production is not stopped if one is a sleep or if one is in a bad mood.

Fats

OK, so much for my mental gymnastics.
Damn.
I was already inventing wild plots involving Kara and her twin sister. Not all of them were G-rated. In fact, most of them weren't.

Double damn.

Shadar

• shadar
More
25 Feb 2015 16:16 #40575 by algae2k
Yup... just like the Olsen twins for Full House.

More
25 Feb 2015 16:18 #40576 by castor
Well this is understandable
and probabbly has nothing to do with anything grand.

Kid actors can be on set a limited number of hours a day. I have been on set with babies, and while there is no real diffrence for them for being in a stage crib set or being in a normal crib-them thems the rules- so they get a lot of twins to play babies-

(this is what brought us Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen (shutters))

The only intresting thing about this... is well if your doing this for like a day, this isn't that big an issue. You rarely have children that young in shots all that long. Which could mean that this is kinda of a big role-however it could mean that that there covering there bases.

Working with babies can be tough. American Sniper Got some slack for using a toy baby in a couple of shots....but yeah if you work with them on set i can see the impulse.

More
25 Feb 2015 16:33 #40577 by shadar

castor wrote: Well this is understandable
and probabbly has nothing to do with anything grand.

Kid actors can be on set a limited number of hours a day. I have been on set with babies, and while there is no real diffrence for them for being in a stage crib set or being in a normal crib-them thems the rules- so they get a lot of twins to play babies-

(this is what brought us Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen (shutters))

The only intresting thing about this... is well if your doing this for like a day, this isn't that big an issue. You rarely have children that young in shots all that long. Which could mean that this is kinda of a big role-however it could mean that that there covering there bases.

Working with babies can be tough. American Sniper Got some slack for using a toy baby in a couple of shots....but yeah if you work with them on set i can see the impulse.

I hear the sober and undoubtably accurate explanation, but for a moment, I had hopes for something grander...

Every time anyone reinvents an origin story, you always get a chance to slip something new into the equation. Kara's twin, maybe even an evil twin, could be great fun.

Maybe in Season 3.

And forgive me for turning a gain into a beach. But that's what comes from always thinking about writing new stories.

Shader

• shadar
More
25 Feb 2015 16:40 #40578 by castor
Well Shadar i do think your probabbly one of the best writers on here, and the Aurora Stuff is up there in internet fiction in general.

If this show reprimes the pumps for you writing wise even if its crap that's something.

(and who know maybe they do the second Supergirl Plot at some point-however today its probabbly easier to do with GreenScreen then anything)

More
25 Feb 2015 16:41 #40579 by fats
why not castor and shader work together and produce a alternative orgion story.

that might be cool

fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds