Amount

** SPOILERS ** Wishlist for the Supergirl TV Series

26 May 2015 18:50 - 26 May 2015 21:31 #42372 by lfan
Thought since most of us have seen the pilot episode, a bunch of suggestions and ideas have crept into our minds for things we'd like to see in the first season of Supergirl (and beyond). This isn't meant for critiques of the pilot (there's a review thread for that) but more along the lines of a wishlist. Of course, some ideas might be based on things we saw in the pilot so fair warning, there may be SPOILERS involved or implied.....

So here is my wishlist of things based off what I know so far:

1) Evil Supergirl -- it's gotta happen I would think at some point either via mind control or Red K. The thought of an uncontrollable Maid of Might running around National City is too good to pass up.
2) Super Alex -- in the pilot, she mentions when they were growing up and were hiding Kara's powers "making Kara feel like less somehow made her feel like more". That right there shows some jealousy that has to be explored in an episode where Alex gains Kara's powers and the tables are turned.
3) Slow descent for Wynn -- I think its a foregone conclusion that he'll be the Toyman at some point. I hope they don't make him "evil" in a single episode but rather is a gradual descent. I'm curious how the same producers are gonna turn Caitlin into Killer Frost cause after 23 episodes there is barely a hint that she is gonna be evil.
4) Flashbacks to high school/college -- awkward flashbacks to Kara's powers "slipping out" in college or high school (with Alex maybe running interference) would be fun to see. The old comic series had a volleyball/gym scene where Kara got a little too exuberant with a spike :)
5) Modify the costume...below the skirt --- if the pilot showed anything, it's that Melissa's real life superpower is a fabulous set of legs. I was never a fan of the dark leggings but just thankful at the time they didn't go with the 52 version of her boots. Now, I'm left wishing they had a more traditional calf-high boot rather than the thigh high ones.
6) Breaking up crimes -- I know its not challenging for her to breakup car chases and bank robberies but I hope they incorporate some of that in when she's not fighting super baddies. After all, she is the protector now of National City.
7) Civilian use of superpowers -- love to see her coyly use her superpowers in her civilian identity. Some people mentioned heating Cat's coffee with heat vision. Things like that, using her superpowers to help with mundane tasks. The old Bionic Woman series was famous for that!
8) Explaining Superman but keeping him away -- I think we need to know some background of what happened and why he has been away, but that said, I don't want him to overshadow her. This is her city.....and her show!
9) Flash versus Supergirl crossover race -- Please, Please make this happen!
10) Boyfriend Mole -- It's kinda cliche, but it might be interesting to have a long running boyfriend that she meets on a blind date (successful one this time) that later is revealed to be a spy from the General. If Kara really falls for him, it could make for some great theater when she finds out.
11) James as co-worker --- the pilot trailer seemed to indicate she was some lovesick puppy pining for him but the pilot showed (believably) that she just got a little tongue-tied over his good looks but that she wasn't fawning over him. Good, let's please keep it that way.
12) More glimpses of the Danvers household growing up and her and Alex as kids
13) String out her meeting the General. Save that for down the road, don't do the reveal to Kara that "oh, my aunt is a meglomaniac" too soon
14) Would love to see her new "empowerment" filter down to her civilian life -- basically her getting another job that is more fitting, but that issue is most of the cast members are tied to the paper, and the paper (ok, media company) is a great resource for her. Still, would be nice if she was something different like a school teacher, fireman, etc. rather than just get coffee
15) Training sequences at DOE -- its pretty evident she's a rookie
Warning: Spoiler!
. Would be cool to do some benchmark testing at the DOE on how powerful she is.
16) Power Girl guest star -- Enough said!

OK, that is my starter set...anyone else?

ElF
Last edit: 26 May 2015 21:31 by lfan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SHTL, jdrock24, fats, Monty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
26 May 2015 19:58 #42373 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic Things We'd Love to See on Supergirl
A few off the top of my head:

- I think she has to be shown fighting regular crime in addition to the "escapees". They could even set one of those guys up as the leader of a group like Intergang that Kara has to take down.
- I've said this before but they need to explain Superman better. I mean, when Kara inevitable confronts her
, there is no valid reason that SM should not be showing up to help.
- Another female gaining super powers. What do you think Cat Grant would do with them? :ohmy:
- Other DC cities and heroes being mentioned. A new reporter who just moved from Gotham, rumors of a super fast man from The Gem Cities, etc...
- Her getting a cat and naming it Streaky (Ha! I'm just kidding. Although we will probably see it at some point...)
- Henshaw becoming a super villain and Kara having to take him down. Sister becomes new director of DEO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan

More
26 May 2015 20:12 #42375 by SHTL
Replied by SHTL on topic Things We'd Love to See on Supergirl
you already told what i was having in mind....especially the evil side (she going around doing evil things,robbig banks or destroyng buildings s if possessed by an evil force) and the training/testing stuff (how much she can bench? using titanic machines at the base or testing various large caliber guns and tanks shells and lasers to see if she can withstands everything or also diseases with viruses for example..).
My 2 Cs

More
26 May 2015 21:03 #42376 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Things We'd Love to See on Supergirl

jdrock24 wrote: A few off the top of my head:

- I think she has to be shown fighting regular crime in addition to the "escapees". They could even set one of those guys up as the leader of a group like Intergang that Kara has to take down.
- I've said this before but they need to explain Superman better. I mean, when Kara inevitable confronts her

, there is no valid reason that SM should not be showing up to help.
- Another female gaining super powers. What do you think Cat Grant would do with them? :ohmy:
- Other DC cities and heroes being mentioned. A new reporter who just moved from Gotham, rumors of a super fast man from The Gem Cities, etc...
- Her getting a cat and naming it Streaky (Ha! I'm just kidding. Although we will probably see it at some point...)
- Henshaw becoming a super villain and Kara having to take him down. Sister becomes new director of DEO.

I'm on board with the cat, definitely.

As far as her having a bad (evil) day, we have plenty of real super-powered bad guys. Kara is interesting thanks to MB's playing her as being really, Really, REALLY nice. She doesn't need any dark sides.

My biggest vote goes for Faora. I want to see her doing her thing. She had to be on that prison ship. A guest appearance by Mila Kunis could work:

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

or if that doesn't work, this might:

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
26 May 2015 21:13 - 26 May 2015 21:23 #42377 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Things We'd Love to See on Supergirl

shadar wrote:
My biggest vote goes for Faora. I want to see her doing her thing. She had to be on that prison ship. A guest appearance by Mila Kunis could work:

I remember Mila Kunis was interviewed one time for Maxim back in the 2000's saying she REALLY wanted to play a superhero. Allways hoped for it, but it never happened. But based on this 2012 interview, looks like she hasn't forgotten about it. Bless her heart!.

www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a395718/m...html#~pdPatabUkWFV1h

I guess playing Faora or a supervillainess would be the next best thing.....
ElF
Last edit: 26 May 2015 21:23 by lfan.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
26 May 2015 23:43 - 26 May 2015 23:44 #42385 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Things We'd Love to See on Supergirl
I am going to take your list and rank it by order of likelihood as i see it happening

Likely for the first season

7. Civilian uses of powers - probabbly more then a bit as the show goes forward. This is the kind of stuff they always throw into shows like this. I would be willing to be around episode 15 or so where going to see an episode without supergirl at all, but well...
12. Seeing more then the Danvers-You don't make deal about Helen Slater and Cain without using them more.
6. Breaking up crimes-not sure about this one. At one hand they may do the flash mold where it feels very much the villian of the week, every week. Where stuff like Lois and Clark would be a little more retiscent about stuff like this. i am sure the anwser is "Some" at least to keep the pace going in other episodes where she has to save a bus or fight muggings or cat from trees(there going to do the cat in tree scene). How much not sure.
8. Explaining Superman-this i am sure is going to come up a bit as the show devolops. I am still guessing where going to get a Henry Cavil Cameo in the last episode.
14. Stringing out the general-i am going to guess there going to meet around half way through the season. thats how shows tend to do big bad villians.
3. Slow Descent for Wynn - i am goign to guess there going to save this for the Final episode of the season, though how descenty its going to be i don't know.

11. James as Coworker-think this is going to develop over the course of season. Not entirely sure how they are going to play with the Romantic Angle-thats what the first episode intends but i am not sure thats where its going to go. that could be intresting over the course of the season, or it could be written off . I think it depends to a degree on the whole media company angle. Not hearing a lot of fans for it, so i think it depends on how they develop it.

Stuff i am not sure of

1. Evil Supergirl- probably at some point i am not sure immediately. If they do it towards the end of the first season that sounds about right to give the season a kind of traditional three act structure and make this the end of the second act.
2. Super Alex-Same principal. i bet where going to get this episodet some day.
4. Flash backs to high school/College. This maybe thing i am not sure. I wouldn't bet a fortune here but sounds reasonable.
10. Boyfriend Mole-this sounds like something they could do, not sure they would do. If they do i suspect its going to be like 1 or 2 episode arc at best.
15. Training Sequence-maybe.
14. Empowerment- i think this is going to be a big theme of the first season in general. Her generally standing up for hersle wanting better etc. That said where this goes to getting a new job, i think is heavily dependent on Well audiences over the first Season Like Calista Flockheart. If shes a sucess, well Kara keeps her job. If not, or Calista wants out of the job i think well kara quits.

Stuff for later seasons.

9. Flash crossover-everything about this says. this is Second Season, third season stuff . Going to happen.
5. Modify the costume-don't think so in the first season. That said shows do tend to do so a little bit between seasons.

16. Powergirl-I don't think so....but welll. that said if Flash is any indication there not afraid to go into the roster for characters. Maybe. That said probabbly second season at the earliest. I wold actually go so far as to make this prediction: Shes going to appear in the first episode of the third season.
Last edit: 26 May 2015 23:44 by castor.

More
27 May 2015 03:49 #42390 by Monty
Definitely Number Two! A Temporarily Super Alex would be downright awesome! PLEASE! Maybe kryptonite and/or electricity give her tenporary powers so she can experience what it is like for her little sister....maybe turns a bit bad as well as sibling rivalry kicks in and she can't control her powers....

More
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds