Amount

Bad timeslot?

11 Jun 2015 18:33 #42728 by AJF
Bad timeslot? was created by AJF
You have to wonder why CBs choose to air Supergirl during the same timeslot as Gotham. Going up against Gotham could hurt Supergirls chances from a commercial ratings perspective. Forget about Arrow or Flash, the biggest DC Comics based show in tv right now is Gotham.

I would be surprised if WB tv did not complain to CBS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AJF
  • AJF's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 Jun 2015 18:48 #42729 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Bad timeslot?
Not great but i don't think bad.

Networks routinely schedule action shows agianst action shows, dramas agianst dramas etc-if theres an audience at a time slot they go for it. It similar logic to why there is such a thing as summer movies when studios spend a 100 million dollars to release stuff in june agianst another studios movie when there weeks in febuary where they don;t just release anything.

Gotham is comicbook based but diffrent then Supergirl-and not just in the sence that Batman is diffrent then Superman. Its more of a serious crime, then a comicish action show. So there in someways diffrent. They go for diffrent enough audienes that it may not kill each other to much

And well something could blink. Fox is generally not adverse to changing slots, and i could see if ratings start to suffer for gotham they could move it around.

Rhis is by far the most anticipated show of the Fall for CBS. By Far. And i know CBS knows this: They don't want to fuck this up.

More
11 Jun 2015 20:54 #42733 by ArgentDragon
Replied by ArgentDragon on topic Bad timeslot?

AJF wrote: You have to wonder why CBs choose to air Supergirl during the same timeslot as Gotham. Going up against Gotham could hurt Supergirls chances from a commercial ratings perspective. Forget about Arrow or Flash, the biggest DC Comics based show in tv right now is Gotham.

I would be surprised if WB tv did not complain to CBS

While Gotham does have the bigger numbers, it's also had the worst season, relatively speaking.

Gotham Season 1Premier: 8.3 million with a 3.3 share
Gotham Season 1 High: 8.3 million with a 3.3 share (Series Premier)
Gotham Season1 Finale: 4.86 million with a 1.7 share

Flash Season 1 Premier: 4.8 million with a 1.9 share
Flash Season 1 High: 4.8 million with a 1.9 share (Series Premier)
Flash Season 1 Finale: 3.87 million with a 1.5 share

Arrow Season 3 Premier: 2.83 million with a 1.0 share
Arrow Season 3 High: 3.92 million with a 1.41 share (12/03/14; 'The Brave & The Bold'; Captain Boomerang ep)
Arrow Season 3 Finale: 2.83 million with a 1.00 share

Gotham had it's viewing numbers fall by almost half over the course of the season, while the changes were less drastic with Flash and almost negligible with Arrow. Gotham was pulling in more viewers, but they were also loosing a much higher percentage of those viewers. So, in that respect, Gotham is actually the weakest of the 3 in terms of viewership retention.

And the current slot is perfect for Supergirl, competition with Gotham notwithstanding. It offers a strong, female-centric program alternative to Monday Night Football. The show's already been picked up for a full season, regardless of performance, so if it doesn't perform as well as expected, having it up against a cultural juggernaut like MNF and a second season show like Gotham can soften the blow, so to speak. If Supergirl has good retention numbers, then it will say to the execs that they have a solid show, just in the wrong timeslot.

Spoiler regarding the Pilot
Warning: Spoiler!

More
11 Jun 2015 23:44 #42736 by Raa
Replied by Raa on topic Bad timeslot?
I don't about you guys, but Gotham was a big let down for me. I still have the last 3 shows DRV to watch, but I don't see that happening.

More
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds