Amount

Supergirl begins production - Spoilers

24 Jul 2015 22:32 - 24 Jul 2015 22:46 #43336 by TwiceOnThursdays
Supergirl begins production - Spoilers was created by TwiceOnThursdays
A little blip about the first day of production.

I have to say Melissa is really the right choice for Supergirl. Even just walking around in the costume she's giving off the right vibe.

Last edit: 24 Jul 2015 22:46 by fats. Reason: added the spoiler to the title
The following user(s) said Thank You: mo, Monty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• TwiceOnThursdays
  • TwiceOnThursdays's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
25 Jul 2015 09:03 #43345 by mo
****possible spoilers******

So it looks like we're gonna get an episode of Supergirl testing her powers.

Yeahhhh!

More
25 Jul 2015 09:28 #43346 by five_red
Replied by five_red on topic Supergirl begins production - Spoilers

mo wrote: ****possible spoilers******

So it looks like we're gonna get an episode of Supergirl testing her powers.

Yeahhhh!

The sequence filmed is part of the opening scene of the second episode. so it may just be a nice intro to ease into the season proper.

Warning: Spoiler!

R5

More
25 Jul 2015 16:58 #43349 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Supergirl begins production - Spoilers

TwiceOnThursdays wrote: A little blip about the first day of production.

I have to say Melissa is really the right choice for Supergirl. Even just walking around in the costume she's giving off the right vibe.

I guess that cepends on what vibe you are looking for. It's certainly not the vibe I wanted, but it is attractive in unexpected ways. Show might work, and I will enjoy it as best I can.

I enjoyed the Pilot on first viewing (novelty), it was OK the second and third times, but I watched it again yesterday and did not enjoy it at all. The series needs to find a way to get darker and edgier or its going to wear out its appeal about halfway through the first season. Cute and dorky are fun at girst, but not sustaining. From everything I read, I think the producers understand this. The Pilot and the episodes are likely to have very different flavors. Hopefully anyway.

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
25 Jul 2015 18:58 - 25 Jul 2015 19:26 #43351 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Supergirl begins production - Spoilers
Ahh will see. I kind of like the "its Neat" tone there going for.

If they can hit that, yeah maybe not forever but they have something.. Theres nothing wrong with cheery and bright-in some ways its an easier tone to keep up then dark serious over the long term.Benoist really seems like shes good at playing it loose and looking as if this is the best day ever-which you know more then special effects(and i kind of like how this video has a well the special effects are added latter vibe) sells a show.

They are really hitting the girlpower theme in its most literal concept-and without a sence that shes powerful and can do anything...well- that means she has to be able to do anything. Sucess kind of has to be part of its makeup. Of course well drama requires serious conflict-and if i where a guessing man even in this episode she fails at something.

But i like it-the biggest part of strength is just getting back up sometimes and if they can manage that and keep a sence of optimism...yeah you know what this could work. I also get this is much more fast paced then most traditional shows, which may not necessarily reward reward 5 times viewing. I don't think it can last forever-i am not sure i would want it to last forever. But go at it.

Castor

PS. As a note to this:As i have been mentioned before i am working on an ubergirlish movie of my own-and when looking for a location for my own movie i found where they shot part of the pilot-there website has pictures of all the stuff they filmed there...all presumibly in one day. I got to admire there efficiency here.www.hudsonloft.com/content/2015/5/14/cbssupergirl

PPS one of them of the complaints about the pilot was "Well this is clearly a fantasy of life in the big city about a woman with a job in the media, and a huge apartment" well i have been in her apartment before-its like 3900 square feet which is about the size of a *very large* house.
Last edit: 25 Jul 2015 19:26 by castor.

More
26 Jul 2015 02:50 #43354 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Supergirl begins production - Spoilers
melissabenoistsource.com/post/1250393352...of-supergirl-july-25

A couple pictures of some action. Very cool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, jyache

More
26 Jul 2015 03:38 #43355 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Pilot shown to 400 Moms and Daughters
This is just totally precious:

comicbook.com/2015/07/23/supergirls-meli...-and-daughters-at-p/

Second article I read about it. But Benoist did what she needed to do, and made sure she hugged all the children, made them all feel awesome. Did a Supegirl pose with the entire crowed. So very much a great girl power vibe, and seemed to be received well by all. (I can't seem to find the first article I read, it had more pictures and a better account of the day.)

Also, someone posted an image of her in the suit to cosplaygirls on reddit, and it's the first time i remember someone posting an actor in costume to the group. The replies were almost 100% that she was awesome/cute/amazing. There was one guy who was "this is getting canceled immediately" and pretty much everyone thought he was crazy.

So, good vibe they have going, they just need to capitalize on that.

And she is just totally awesome in that costume.

This image from the page that Radmon321 posted is just great (there are smaller ones of her doing some super feats). But she's just casually awesome here. They pretty much just need to let her BE Supergirl and the show will do ok initially. (They'll need more than that for the long haul).

40.media.tumblr.com/5727549f94290b8b8638...Dtu1u8m71co1_500.png
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395

• TwiceOnThursdays
  • TwiceOnThursdays's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
26 Jul 2015 04:41 #43356 by Brad2
Replied by Brad2 on topic Supergirl begins production - Spoilers
Wish the shot of her lifting the truck was bigger.

More
26 Jul 2015 21:42 #43366 by mo
Melissa is looking better and better as Supergirl every time I see her IMHO.

I think we are so fortunate to have a big budget series with a super hot Supergirl in costume and using her powers in what looks like every episode.

Even if we only get the 13 (I think?) 45 minute ordered episodes I can already die a happy man having been wishing for just another hour or two of big budgt Supergirl movies since 1984!!!!!!!

I think I'll blow a happy gasket of this goes for a few seasons
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395

More
27 Jul 2015 15:15 #43377 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic Supergirl begins production - Spoilers
Did I view that video right? Are we getting a scene of the government testing out Supergirl's powers? :woohoo:

It looks like they even shoot some kind of missile at her; presumably to test out her invulnerability. :woohoo: :woohoo:

More
27 Jul 2015 17:43 #43381 by dave147
Replied by dave147 on topic Supergirl begins production - Spoilers
yes I seen a picture from day two where she lifts a ambulance above her head with one hand like it weigh nothing !

More
28 Jul 2015 06:49 #43385 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic Supergirl begins production - Spoilers
Cool! I like the shot below as well of her lifting the ambulance with one hand - she looks like she is steeling her arms ready to fly off- great shoulders on her!

More
28 Jul 2015 07:28 #43389 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic Supergirl begins production - Spoilers
...and anyone else notice the license plate on the ambulance?. ...'l0st'...maybe she just found it!

More
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds