Amount

Jenna Dewan-Tatum Cast as Lucy Lane in CBS' Supergirl

04 Aug 2015 04:23 #43475 by SupergirlTV
www.supergirl.tv/jenna-dewan-tatum-lucy-lane

You guys, I love your site and I have become pretty good internet acquaintances with several of you. I don't feel like its appropriate for me to vent on my own site so I appreciate the opportunity here. I've been tracking this news for over a week! I reached out to several sources and all but confirmed the story. I couldn't move on it though because 90% isn't 100%. Then they made it official and I had a 5 minute window to post it before it was main stream, BUT I WAS STUCK IN TRAFFIC! UGHHHHHHH I am heart broken. Any way, thanks for letting me explain my circumstances. Love the site as always!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mo, SHTL, Sarge395, shadar, ong76win2, castor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SupergirlTV
  • SupergirlTV's Avatar Topic Author
More
31 Aug 2015 19:40 #43987 by lfan

SupergirlTV wrote: www.supergirl.tv/jenna-dewan-tatum-lucy-lane

You guys, I love your site and I have become pretty good internet acquaintances with several of you. I don't feel like its appropriate for me to vent on my own site so I appreciate the opportunity here. I've been tracking this news for over a week! I reached out to several sources and all but confirmed the story. I couldn't move on it though because 90% isn't 100%. Then they made it official and I had a 5 minute window to post it before it was main stream, BUT I WAS STUCK IN TRAFFIC! UGHHHHHHH I am heart broken. Any way, thanks for letting me explain my circumstances. Love the site as always!

And here she is:

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

ElF

More
01 Sep 2015 00:05 #43992 by shadar

lfan wrote:

And here she is:

ElF

Looks very Lois Lane-like to me... great casting.

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
01 Sep 2015 00:11 #43993 by shadar

lfan wrote:

And here she is:

ElF

James knows Kara's dual identity, so presumably Lois does do. For consistency, I would presume that they are both in-the-know on the Kal El/Clark Kent thing as well. The interesting question is whether she's Kal El/Clark's girlfriend or wife or something else?

• shadar
More
01 Sep 2015 09:10 #43996 by Woodclaw
Apparently I'm the only one who is scratching his head about adding Lucy to the story. I'm not totally adverse to the character, but I really question if adding her to the mix is a good idea. While I'm not too familiar with the character, I'm under the impression that Lucy never amounted to much storywise until the whole "Who Is Superwoman?" storyline, which I found pretty horrendous in many ways. My impression is that Lucy was meant to be nothing more of an expy of her sister hanging around the secondary characters of the Superman mythos -- she had been Jimmy Olsen's girlfriend in the 60s and Kara's best friend in the '84 movie.
Given that the use of the Big Blue and associated characters seem to be a iffy point with this new production, I wonder if she won't return to that role again.

More
01 Sep 2015 09:17 #43997 by shadar

Woodclaw wrote: Apparently I'm the only one who is scratching his head about adding Lucy to the story. I'm not totally adverse to the character, but I really question if adding her to the mix is a good idea. While I'm not too familiar with the character, I'm under the impression that Lucy never amounted to much storywise until the whole "Who Is Superwoman?" storyline, which I found pretty horrendous in many ways. My impression is that Lucy was meant to be nothing more of an expy of her sister hanging around the secondary characters of the Superman mythos -- she had been Jimmy Olsen's girlfriend in the 60s and Kara's best friend in the '84 movie.
Given that the use of the Big Blue and associated characters seem to be a iffy point with this new production, I wonder if she won't return to that role again.

Just realized that I've been responding with thought of her being LOIS lane, not Lucy. Duh. Forget everything I said.

• shadar
More
01 Sep 2015 15:35 #44000 by castor
Not related to this, but Lucy was in the first couple of epiosodes of Lois and Clark as Lois Sister and was in the opening credit...for like 3 -4 episodes .

Her main function was to be give lois someone to talk to in a few scenes, and yes in one episode she was Metallos Boyfriend in her one real episode that dealt with the plot.

I think that may have also been her last episode as she was written out afterwards as she didn't have a lot to do, and the actress didn't make a big impression

Curious how Supergirl handles this

Honestly while i wouldn't totally be suprised if we see superwoman, i very strongly suspect that there just setting this up as a love triangle with her and Jimmy...which isn't the worst thing in the world.

More
24 Oct 2015 15:48 #44703 by lfan
POSSIBLE SPOILER / SPECULATION............

Hmm.....we might see Superwoman earlier than later. Check out this Access Hollywood interview with Jenna Dewan Tatum, who plays Lucy Lane:

www.supergirl.tv/access-hollywood-interviews-pt-2

At the beginning she talking about how action-based it is and then around 0:18 she mentions she is in this story arc and then says "hopefully i'll get to do some of these cool things" She even kinda shut her comment down abruptly, almost as if she said too much. Could the 'cool things' mean the flying harness and other super stunts? Hmm.....

ElF
The following user(s) said Thank You: mo

More
25 Oct 2015 03:05 #44706 by shadar
I picked up on that too. Given the context of the discussion, she was definitely talking about doing super stunts. My money says she's going to wind up with a "alien super-suit" or something that gives her quasi-Kryptonian powers.

The hard part is to figure out what her mindset and motivations will be. Friend or foe. With a minor character, they can get away with taking a lot of liberties from the comic book if they wish.

Shadar

lfan wrote: POSSIBLE SPOILER / SPECULATION............

Hmm.....we might see Superwoman earlier than later. Check out this Access Hollywood interview with Jenna Dewan Tatum, who plays Lucy Lane:

www.supergirl.tv/access-hollywood-interviews-pt-2

At the beginning she talking about how action-based it is and then around 0:18 she mentions she is in this story arc and then says "hopefully i'll get to do some of these cool things" She even kinda shut her comment down abruptly, almost as if she said too much. Could the 'cool things' mean the flying harness and other super stunts? Hmm.....

ElF

• shadar
More
Time to create page: 0.060 seconds