Amount

We almost lost Melissa Benoist to.....

06 Oct 2015 19:57 #44433 by lfan
...Arrow! Apparently, she read for the part of Thea Queen (played by Willa Holland). As per casting director, David Rappaport:

"“Melissa Benoist read for Thea,” Rapaport said of the actor he later cast as Supergirl. “We read a bunch of people for Thea and it kept coming back to Willa because, with all these characters on Arrow, there was a duality about who they were on the surface and the darkness behind that. Even being so young, Willa’s lived a bit and that’s what makes her so interesting."

Thankfully, it didn't work out!

Source: www.buzzfeed.com/jarettwieselman/the-man...ld-the-cw#.ydLNVNYD5

ElF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
06 Oct 2015 21:22 #44436 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic We almost lost Melissa Benoist to.....
No way! "Thankfully" is the word - I can't imagine Supergirl not being played by Melissa. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan

More
07 Oct 2015 04:50 #44447 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic We almost lost Melissa Benoist to.....
Hmm - *maybe* Arrow could have her in exchange for Emily Rickards - but only maybe.

More
07 Oct 2015 22:10 #44457 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic We almost lost Melissa Benoist to.....
It does seem that Melissa has some charm, and an unusual and very like-able personality. And somehow she hit the producers just the right way.

So, here's my latest prediction, pulled from the usual dark place:

Just as Christopher Reeve owned the Superman role, and it was hard for a lot of people to think of anyone else playing the role, and Linda Carter owned WW and Sean Connery owned 007 (I'm old) and vice-versa, I think Melissa will own Supergirl. After she's been on the air for a season, I think it will be very hard to make a Supergirl movie or show with anyone else, at least not for a long time.

For her part, she'll get trapped in the role and won't be able to play anyone but Supergirl, so she'll have to keep doing that for years and years and years and years. Given the way she's inhabiting the role based on the PR and whatever leaks we see, maybe she's OK with that.

I'm personally fond of the "years and years and years and years" part. But then, this is one of my predictions, and I don't keep track of my win/loss ratio because I don't want to depress myself.

Shadar

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
07 Oct 2015 23:25 - 07 Oct 2015 23:27 #44458 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic We almost lost Melissa Benoist to.....

shadar wrote: It does seem that Melissa has some charm, and an unusual and very like-able personality. And somehow she hit the producers just the right way.

So, here's my latest prediction, pulled from the usual dark place:

Just as Christopher Reeve owned the Superman role, and it was hard for a lot of people to think of anyone else playing the role, and Linda Carter owned WW and Sean Connery owned 007 (I'm old) and vice-versa, I think Melissa will own Supergirl. After she's been on the air for a season, I think it will be very hard to make a Supergirl movie or show with anyone else, at least not for a long time.

For her part, she'll get trapped in the role and won't be able to play anyone but Supergirl, so she'll have to keep doing that for years and years and years and years. Given the way she's inhabiting the role based on the PR and whatever leaks we see, maybe she's OK with that.

I'm personally fond of the "years and years and years and years" part. But then, this is one of my predictions, and I don't keep track of my win/loss ratio because I don't want to depress myself.

Shadar

Melissa is a very successful actress who has made her niche in the industry, but as part of a team of actresses and actors who worked to make her previous projects a success. I think she sees this as the chance to make her own niche, work hard with the principal character and nail Supergirl as her own. She certainly has the talent, charisma and intelligence to do this.
Last edit: 07 Oct 2015 23:27 by Monty.

More
Time to create page: 0.042 seconds