Amount

Bad timeslot is deadlier than Kryptonite

26 Oct 2015 23:24 #44762 by jumperprime
Bad timeslot is deadlier than Kryptonite was created by jumperprime
OK, it wasn't until I set my DVR to record Supergirl that I realized what an absolutely HORRID timeslot CBS has stuck the Girl of Steel with. The first episode of Supergirl starts at 8:31 PM Eastern time. By starting it halfway through established shows like Gotham and The Voice, they are vastly reducing the chances that people will tune in. Either CBS is intentionally trying to kill Supergirl before the show even starts, or their scheduling guys are complete IDIOTS.

By making it out of synch with the other big shows, they are making people choose between watching 2 of their favorite shows, or one new show. I mean, really? With a timeslot like this, only hardcore, ultra-dedicated fans will tune in, everyone else interested in the show will DVR it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jumperprime
  • jumperprime's Avatar Topic Author
More
27 Oct 2015 00:04 #44763 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Bad timeslot is deadlier than Kryptonite

jumperprime wrote: OK, it wasn't until I set my DVR to record Supergirl that I realized what an absolutely HORRID timeslot CBS has stuck the Girl of Steel with. The first episode of Supergirl starts at 8:31 PM Eastern time. By starting it halfway through established shows like Gotham and The Voice, they are vastly reducing the chances that people will tune in. Either CBS is intentionally trying to kill Supergirl before the show even starts, or their scheduling guys are complete IDIOTS.

By making it out of synch with the other big shows, they are making people choose between watching 2 of their favorite shows, or one new show. I mean, really? With a timeslot like this, only hardcore, ultra-dedicated fans will tune in, everyone else interested in the show will DVR it.

This is just for the first show. They've squeezed in a Supergirl-themed Big Bang Theory 30 minute show at 8:00pm, Part of introducing the Supergirl show I guess.

Next week and beyond Supergirl starts at 8:00pm and Big Bang Theory is gone.

Don't panic...

Shadar

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
27 Oct 2015 00:05 #44764 by shadar
Also, if this is anything like other popular Pilots, there may be other showings that will pop up later this week and weekend.

• shadar
More
27 Oct 2015 00:22 #44765 by steelknight3000
Replied by steelknight3000 on topic Bad timeslot is deadlier than Kryptonite
It's common practice to have a lead-in to draw ratings to the first episode of a show. Too bad it's shitty Big Bang Theory.

More
27 Oct 2015 00:44 #44767 by shadar

steelknight3000 wrote: It's common practice to have a lead-in to draw ratings to the first episode of a show. Too bad it's shitty Big Bang Theory.

Might be a shared demographic of viewers. Which would not be encouraging because I don't like Big Bang either.

• shadar
More
27 Oct 2015 01:52 #44772 by jimbob
Replied by jimbob on topic Bad timeslot is deadlier than Kryptonite
Casual people love Big Bang Theory. It's the reason people that knew nothing about comics and other "Nerd" stuff are somewhat familiar with it because Big Bang drops it all the time. My sister watched all of Star Trek Nex Gen on Netflix because she wanted to know what the big deal was with Will Wheaton hate.

And it worked. My whole family watched Supergirl because it was after Big Bang. And they all thought it was pretty good.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Supergirlfan

More
27 Oct 2015 22:44 #44802 by ArgentDragon
Replied by ArgentDragon on topic Bad timeslot is deadlier than Kryptonite
The scheduling doesn't seem to be a real issue. Overnight ratings have Supergirl at 12.9 million viewers and a 3.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic. By comparison, Arrow's Season 4 premier (the best since the series launch) had 2.6 million viewers and a 1.1 rating in the 18-49 bracket.

The critics are loving the show too, so if the next few weeks don't taper off much, we may have a Season 2 order around the corner.

More
28 Oct 2015 04:05 #44819 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Bad timeslot is deadlier than Kryptonite
Does anyone know if it managed to take any share away from Gotham at the 30 minute mark?

My schedule doesn't allow me to watch either show - so I have to stream it later. Right now the SG pilot is free on CBS - will be interesting to see if I have to get the service for the second episode. I have a Hulu subscription for Gotham. I just hope those streaming views count as much or more.

More
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds