Amount

Ratings: 1x02

03 Nov 2015 15:27 #44975 by lfan
Ratings: 1x02 was created by lfan
Supergirl took a predictable drop in the second week, mainly because, well, that's what almost always happens after a much-hyped debut. According to the prelim it went from a 7.9 last week to a 5.8 this week. That seems like a big drop -- and it is -- but when looking at its relative competition, they are pretty solid.

Less solid though are what CBS's expectations in terms of numbers. CBS has basically gone "all-in" with Supergirl in terms of budget so I would think the numbers cannot be just "better than their competition" (Gotham got a 3.0). Of course, it will be interesting to say where they fared in the key demographics rather than just a lump share.

Moving timeslots this week and losing TBBT as a lead-in certainly hurt it appears, but hopefully Supergirl can settle into this spot and improve on the numbers. We, of course, can do our part by watching it live whenever the possibility exists.

Source: headlineplanet.com/home/2015/11/03/overn...miere-remains-solid/

ElF
The following user(s) said Thank You: KarkClent

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • SWM - Administrator
  • SWM - Administrator
More
03 Nov 2015 16:12 #44976 by KarkClent
Replied by KarkClent on topic Ratings: 1x02
I'm one of those that can't watch it live (no cable and I don't get home from work in time) but I can certainly watch it the next morning.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • KarkClent
  • KarkClent's Avatar
  • Offline
  • SWM - Junior
  • SWM - Junior
  • [TO BE CONTINUED]
More
03 Nov 2015 16:47 #44977 by www1969
Replied by www1969 on topic Ratings: 1x02
A little more detail on the second-week numbers at the link below. Mainstream sources don't seem interested at all in comparing Supergirl with Gotham the way we do. This story has the same bottom line as lfan's link: A solid performer, but it doesn't appear to be the Next Big Thing. Much like ABC is probably vaguely disappointed in its much-heralded Muppets reboot, CBS was probably hoping for more, but can settle for this for a while.

www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tv-r...eporter_dailyratings

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Nov 2015 14:51 #44994 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Ratings: 1x02
So live Nielson ratings only work if you have a snooping cable box, one of the Nielson tattler boxes or keep a journal for them. (I did the journal for them once a while ago).

I have rabbit ears so no one's knows what I watch live. Regardless I can't watch in the 8/7 central time slot.

Does anyone know (who really knows - not just a guess) what is next best for CBS? Streaming free on the CBS site next day with ads, All Access CBS plan, or Amazon Prime season pass?

Project Super Woman
SFX Laden Video Shorts and Digital Comics Featuring Super Heroines
www.projectsuperwoman.com

Home of Mindy Marvel, Super Michaela, Domina, E-Girl, Bionica, Power Play, Amp, Superheroines & Super Villains.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Random321
  • Random321's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Uberposter
  • Uberposter
  • Project Super Woman
More
04 Nov 2015 20:52 #44998 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Ratings: 1x02

Random321 wrote: So live Nielson ratings only work if you have a snooping cable box, one of the Nielson tattler boxes or keep a journal for them. (I did the journal for them once a while ago).

I have rabbit ears so no one's knows what I watch live. Regardless I can't watch in the 8/7 central time slot.

Does anyone know (who really knows - not just a guess) what is next best for CBS? Streaming free on the CBS site next day with ads, All Access CBS plan, or Amazon Prime season pass?


Can't speak to those, but I bought the season on iTunes (I watch Monday Night Football and have satellite in any case, not a cable box, so I'm not in the live viewer category anyway). Episode 2 (in glorious HD) was uploaded to Apple's servers at 5:00am (PST) the next morning after broadcast. Watched it at breakfast, which was awesome.

Benefit is that you can download even the HD version on a slow DSL line. Might take akk day but if you're at work, who cares. Watch it when you come home. Handy for those who don't have the bandwidth to stream. And if you turn on Automatic Downloads, it starts downloading as soon as they release it, which could be while you sleep or are away from your computer.

They also kick in a bunch of "making of" and various and sundry other videos as well. Whatever CBS is wiling to give them. (Updates, the timing and special files are controlled by CBS, not Apple. Not sure if CBS updates anyone else first or if it's all at the same time.)

Shadar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Nov 2015 08:37 #45022 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Ratings: 1x02

shadar wrote:

Random321 wrote: So live Nielson ratings only work if you have a snooping cable box, one of the Nielson tattler boxes or keep a journal for them. (I did the journal for them once a while ago).

I have rabbit ears so no one's knows what I watch live. Regardless I can't watch in the 8/7 central time slot.

Does anyone know (who really knows - not just a guess) what is next best for CBS? Streaming free on the CBS site next day with ads, All Access CBS plan, or Amazon Prime season pass?


Can't speak to those, but I bought the season on iTunes (I watch Monday Night Football and have satellite in any case, not a cable box, so I'm not in the live viewer category anyway). Episode 2 (in glorious HD) was uploaded to Apple's servers at 5:00am (PST) the next morning after broadcast. Watched it at breakfast, which was awesome.

Benefit is that you can download even the HD version on a slow DSL line. Might take akk day but if you're at work, who cares. Watch it when you come home. Handy for those who don't have the bandwidth to stream. And if you turn on Automatic Downloads, it starts downloading as soon as they release it, which could be while you sleep or are away from your computer.

They also kick in a bunch of "making of" and various and sundry other videos as well. Whatever CBS is wiling to give them. (Updates, the timing and special files are controlled by CBS, not Apple. Not sure if CBS updates anyone else first or if it's all at the same time.)

Shadar


I got the notice from Amazon at 3:10 AM that I had episode 2 available for streaming.

iTunes is definitely better for low bandwidth, since you can download a copy. I usually favor Amazon as I can stream it to more devices and I only recently got an Apple TV (basically to watch the last two seasons of Game of Thrones).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Nov 2015 19:11 #45024 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Ratings: 1x02

TwiceOnThursdays wrote:

shadar wrote:

Random321 wrote: So live Nielson ratings only work if you have a snooping cable box, one of the Nielson tattler boxes or keep a journal for them. (I did the journal for them once a while ago).

I have rabbit ears so no one's knows what I watch live. Regardless I can't watch in the 8/7 central time slot.

Does anyone know (who really knows - not just a guess) what is next best for CBS? Streaming free on the CBS site next day with ads, All Access CBS plan, or Amazon Prime season pass?


Can't speak to those, but I bought the season on iTunes (I watch Monday Night Football and have satellite in any case, not a cable box, so I'm not in the live viewer category anyway). Episode 2 (in glorious HD) was uploaded to Apple's servers at 5:00am (PST) the next morning after broadcast. Watched it at breakfast, which was awesome.

Benefit is that you can download even the HD version on a slow DSL line. Might take akk day but if you're at work, who cares. Watch it when you come home. Handy for those who don't have the bandwidth to stream. And if you turn on Automatic Downloads, it starts downloading as soon as they release it, which could be while you sleep or are away from your computer.

They also kick in a bunch of "making of" and various and sundry other videos as well. Whatever CBS is wiling to give them. (Updates, the timing and special files are controlled by CBS, not Apple. Not sure if CBS updates anyone else first or if it's all at the same time.)

Shadar


I got the notice from Amazon at 3:10 AM that I had episode 2 available for streaming.

iTunes is definitely better for low bandwidth, since you can download a copy. I usually favor Amazon as I can stream it to more devices and I only recently got an Apple TV (basically to watch the last two seasons of Game of Thrones).


I started with iTunes back when I had limited bandwidth, and have stuck with it. HD1080P video on a DSL line is workable as it downloads in the background. Might not have it until Wednesday, but that beats not having it at all. And once you've downloaded, you can watch it as much as you want with no further Internet bandwidth required. I store it on my desktop Mac and have that machine serve it to all my other devices via my in-house WiFi, including my AppleTV.

I live in a rural area with microwave Internet. A lot better than DSL but still much slower than most urban cable systems, so I stick with the download and watch methodology.

It's a big step up from when I lived in SE Asia and had to wait to buy a series on DVD (during a US trip) several months after the show finished airing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds