Amount

Episode postponed

15 Nov 2015 21:40 #45183 by Markiehoe
Episode postponed was created by Markiehoe
Due to the recent terror attacks in France a Supergirl episode will be pushed back.

www.ew.com/article/2015/11/15/supergirl-...lowing-paris-attacks
The following user(s) said Thank You: KarkClent

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Markiehoe
  • Markiehoe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
15 Nov 2015 22:42 #45184 by KarkClent
Replied by KarkClent on topic Episode postponed
Kudos to CBS.

• KarkClent
  • [TO BE CONTINUED]
More
16 Nov 2015 01:23 #45185 by jimbob
Replied by jimbob on topic Episode postponed
God Damn it. I get the logic but I really wanted to see this episode.

Taking it off won't actually solve a thing and is just letting the terror actually work.

More
16 Nov 2015 01:29 #45186 by fats
Replied by fats on topic Episode postponed
here in the UK a number of programs have been taken off air, and i know that they are looking at the remaining schedule to see what needs edited or removed.

FAts

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
16 Nov 2015 01:36 #45189 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Episode postponed
That's always the danger of writing shows that are believable fiction regarding our real world. Most viewers like the connection to real life, but sometimes it gets too real.

"Rubbing salt in a wound" has been considered inappropriate for, like maybe, thousands of years?

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
16 Nov 2015 01:43 #45190 by jimbob
Unless the bombers are Islamic terrorists in the episode, and I'm pretty sure they aren't, I just don't see the point.

It's like when Toonami took Gundam off the schedule after 9/11 when there was nothing remotely similar except that violence happens.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395

More
16 Nov 2015 04:45 #45196 by YAGS
Replied by YAGS on topic Episode postponed
I remember when Buffy the Vampire Slayer did this. The one and only episode they had which involved a student bringing a gun to school happened to be scheduled to air the week after the Colombine massacre. Since it didn't tie in to the main plot of the season, they were able to just skip the episode, and then add it back into the schedule months later during reruns.

More
16 Nov 2015 05:04 #45197 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Episode postponed
It sounds like it's not going to be a big deal, just moving an episode later in the season.

I view this as empathy winning, not letting the terror win. Good for CBS.

More
16 Nov 2015 14:23 #45200 by algae2k
Replied by algae2k on topic Episode postponed
IIRC, there was an episode of The Simpsons that was very Catholic-centric that was scheduled to air... wait for it... the Sunday immediately after Pope St. John Paul II's death. Fox ended up swapping it with the planned season finale.

More
16 Nov 2015 14:26 #45201 by algae2k
Replied by algae2k on topic Episode postponed
It seems like CBS is doing the same thing with the swap (and I'm guessing that Livewire will be fairly compartmentalized). We'll still get 1x04... just later (and out of production order).

More
16 Nov 2015 16:29 #45202 by kikass2014
Replied by kikass2014 on topic Episode postponed
Personally I not too fused about the episode swap. As long as it doesn't affect continuity (which I assume it doesn't otherwise they would have picked another episode) its all good. As noted, other shows have done this in the past, and to be fair, I tend to agree it is very considerate of the networks to do this. Even though it may not affect me personally, perhaps there are some who would have found it upsetting/unsettling.

Hey, at least we GET a supergirl episode this week :D And judging from the promo, looks pretty good :)

Look forward to seeing it.

Peace.

/K

More
16 Nov 2015 16:37 #45203 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic Episode postponed
The only thing I'm a little bit worried about is character development from episode 4 to episode 5. I mean, I don't expect it to be a huge problem but I could see a character saying something in episode 5 that would seem kind of odd because it was explained in episode 4 that wasn't aired.

I hope episode 4 makes its airing later on in the season.

More
25 Nov 2015 03:36 #45359 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Episode postponed
I wasn't too fussed about the episode swap either. Now that I've seen the episode I understand why they made the change.

However, unless they did some editing, and maybe I'm insensitive, I didn't think the parallel between real world events and fiction, other than perhaps the end of the train scene, was close. I also think a one week delay, if you are going to delay out of concern or respect, leaves a semi sour taste in my mouth and is a commentary on how far to quickly we move on from events where humans don't value the lives of other humans. Areas are still on semi-lock-down after all. Either can it all together, wait months, or air it on time and make some kind of statement about how there is hope and life is to be protected and valued.

More
25 Nov 2015 16:48 #45385 by jimbob
I figured it wasn't that big a deal. The only thing in common was explosions were involved.

Plus it was kind of an important episode too
Warning: Spoiler!

More
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds