Amount

Who do you think Hank Henshaw is?

17 Nov 2015 02:39 #45206 by Raa
I didn't find any topics asked about who Hank Henshaw is, but I have been staying off the SG topic so I don't see any spoilers.

So I think Hank Henshaw is the Martian Manhunter. I don't think his part of the escape prisoners. If he was, why pull the knife on the aunt. Another think is mind reading. Hank walking down the hall stops and turns around with his eyes red, then heads right to the sister secret project. I just have a guy feeling he will turn out to be the Manhunter.

Thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Raa
  • Raa's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
More
17 Nov 2015 03:24 #45207 by YAGS
Replied by YAGS on topic Who do you think Hank Henshaw is?
In the comics, Hank Henshaw is the name of Cyborg Superman . He was one of the 4 new "supermen" who tried to take over for Supes when he died, and ended up being evil.

But I agree that he could be J'onn J'onzz, from what we've seen so far.

While we're on the topic of "good guys" on the show named for supervillains from the comic, I'll point out that Winn Schott, Supergirl's best friend, costume designer, and not-so-secret crush is named for the old Superman villain Toyman . I've been assuming that getting rejected by Kara will be what pushes him over the edge to become a villain this time around, but given the revelation about his father in tonight's episode, perhaps the Winn we know on the show is "junior", and the father will be Toyman on the show.

More
17 Nov 2015 03:34 #45208 by jimbob
Replied by jimbob on topic Who do you think Hank Henshaw is?
I don't think he's Martian. He doesn't realize the girls are onto him this episode, even though he notices Kara's unusually cooperative.

I think the eyes flash and him instantly knowing what Alex was up to was because he detected what she was accessing on the computer. So he's Cyborg Superman, or at least Cyborg something.

More
17 Nov 2015 05:15 #45212 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Who do you think Hank Henshaw is?

YAGS wrote: In the comics, Hank Henshaw is the name of Cyborg Superman . He was one of the 4 new "supermen" who tried to take over for Supes when he died, and ended up being evil.

But I agree that he could be J'onn J'onzz, from what we've seen so far.

While we're on the topic of "good guys" on the show named for supervillains from the comic, I'll point out that Winn Schott, Supergirl's best friend, costume designer, and not-so-secret crush is named for the old Superman villain Toyman . I've been assuming that getting rejected by Kara will be what pushes him over the edge to become a villain this time around, but given the revelation about his father in tonight's episode, perhaps the Winn we know on the show is "junior", and the father will be Toyman on the show.

Wynn's dad is Toyman. Already been cast as Henry Czerny (Mission Impossible, Clear & Present Danger)...

screenrant.com/supergirl-tv-show-henry-czerny-toyman/

ElF

More
17 Nov 2015 05:26 #45213 by Raa
Replied by Raa on topic Who do you think Hank Henshaw is?
I just watched tonight episode after I posted this question. I agree he is most likely not Martian because he did not realize the girls are onto him.

Being a Cyborg would fit. I can't recall if Cyborg Superman was weakened by Kryptonite or not.

• Raa
  • Away
More
17 Nov 2015 11:57 #45217 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Who do you think Hank Henshaw is?
I think Hank is Martian Manhunter.
How do we know that he didn't pick up on the girl's deciding to investigate him.
He has been hiding his identity for years.
I'd doubt he'd slip up now.

More
17 Nov 2015 12:00 #45218 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Who do you think Hank Henshaw is?
I haven't seen the episodes, but I think is that -- having Belanti at the helm -- the character would probably be reasonably close to the comics, hence I think that it's reasonable to presume he's a cyborg.
The comic book Cyborg Superman hada pretty confusing origin involving a doomed space flight -- styled after the F4 origin -- and him becoming a pure energy being fused with Kal-El's rocket and seeking revenge on Superman for not saving him.
My guess is that this version of Henshaw was military personel injured either during a battle involving Superman or by the arrival of the prison ship -- both would account for his distrust of aliens -- and reconstructed by the goverment (or maybe Lexcorp) to lead the Department, being of of the few survivors of an alien contact/battle.

• Woodclaw
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 Nov 2015 11:18 #45232 by mikeyfreedom
Replied by mikeyfreedom on topic Who do you think Hank Henshaw is?
I was going for some sort of mixed-up lore version of Brainiac, but that would require closing a lot of plot holes.

More
08 Dec 2015 02:24 #45568 by Raa
Replied by Raa on topic Who do you think Hank Henshaw is?
Guess we got the answer now.

• Raa
  • Away
More
09 Dec 2015 04:00 #45582 by YAGS
Replied by YAGS on topic Who do you think Hank Henshaw is?
Not the reveal I was expecting, but I like it. I just don't know why he's insisting on keeping the secret from Kara, even after the reveal to Alex..

More
09 Dec 2015 18:09 #45593 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Who do you think Hank Henshaw is?

YAGS wrote: Not the reveal I was expecting, but I like it. I just don't know why he's insisting on keeping the secret from Kara, even after the reveal to Alex..

I commented in the other thread. But if he can read Kara's mind (or has telepathically spied on James and/or Winn), I'd not trust Kara with a secret. She can't keep HER secret, let alone Clark's. She and James spilled that to Winn in like five seconds. (And really he just has to know she let Winn and James know to judge she can't keep secrets very well.)

She'd probably tell James and Winn, and then it's just not 3 people, it's now five, and it's not going to be a secret for much longer. James is dating General Lane's daughter, letting James know would be _bad_, but I doubt Kara would see it that way and that's exactly the problem.

The other question is "Who is the other person who knows?"

More
14 Dec 2015 11:27 #45655 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Who do you think Hank Henshaw is?

YAGS wrote: Not the reveal I was expecting, but I like it. I just don't know why he's insisting on keeping the secret from Kara, even after the reveal to Alex..

After this reveal and Flash's season 1 ending, I think Greg Belanti is getting the nerdgasm factor of his series up to 13. Also I'm wondering if this isn't his personal slap to David Goyer's comment about Martian Manhunter being a dull and unusuable character.

• Woodclaw
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds