Amount

Silver Banshee Pic

19 Feb 2016 15:35 - 19 Feb 2016 15:36 #46490 by five_red
Silver Banshee Pic was created by five_red
m.etonline.com/tv/182659_exclusive_super...ook_photo/index.html

Open the spoiler to see the pic.

Warning: Spoiler!

Wha'd'ya think?

Looks okay, but a little bit Halloween cosplay for my liking. I guess it's the best we can expect -- maybe she'll look better on screen(?)

As a general rule the series seems to have struggled to recreate the more outlandish looking comicbook characters, like Red Tornado and Silver Banshee. When it keeps things simple (like Reactron), then it does a more acceptable job. Some of the villain costumes on the show have looked like up market fan efforts.

R5

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 19 Feb 2016 15:36 by five_red. Reason: Clarity
The following user(s) said Thank You: fats

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• five_red
  • five_red's Avatar Topic Author
More
19 Feb 2016 16:59 #46495 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic Silver Banshee Pic
I agree. I am getting "Red Tornado" vibes from that Silver Banshee pic. Hopefully, this can look better on screen than Red Tornado did.

More
19 Feb 2016 17:49 #46496 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Silver Banshee Pic
Flash Recently released a promo picture for Trajectory a new villian in a couple of weeks.

This is a much better look for a character. A lot of thats simple makeup, but yeah. It has a palitiable sence of style.

The Flash and Arrow have been ocasionally hit or miss with costumes, but consistently they have been a lot better then Supergirl, despite having about half the budget per episode. A fair amount of that is that most of the episodes take place at Night they can do more with Cinemtography to hide the fabric details(and overall its a much better looking show). But also its simply better done. They have a kind of overall look of a poppy cleanish look that feels for lack of a better word ComicPunk, and they stick to it. Apart from her costume...yeah its been mostly okay to pretty bad.

More
19 Feb 2016 21:00 #46497 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Silver Banshee Pic
While this costume really don't look good, Silver Banshee isn't the easiest design to work with. Her original John Byrne design was pretty much what you see above and she really didn't get many update over the years.
Trajectory is a new concept and, I think, a new villain, which makes her much easier to work with.

More
20 Feb 2016 00:14 #46502 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Silver Banshee Pic
I LIKE that look!
I think it's pretty cool.

I am so glad the producers are atempting costumes instead of "realistic" black jumpsuits every week.

Once again I would like to state how happy I am at how much airtime Supergirl gets in costume.
I was so afraid of just a 5 minute tease every episode.

Bring on the costumes!

More
20 Feb 2016 00:17 #46503 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Silver Banshee Pic
I give you the X Men

All black jumpsuits, so boring.
Except for Psylocke's awesome purple outfit which honors her comic origins.

More
20 Feb 2016 16:30 #46516 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Silver Banshee Pic

Woodclaw wrote: While this costume really don't look good, Silver Banshee isn't the easiest design to work with. Her original John Byrne design was pretty much what you see above and she really didn't get many update over the years.
Trajectory is a new concept and, I think, a new villain, which makes her much easier to work with.

It doesn't help that a lot of the characters they have done have there roots in the 80s when Superhero costumes often felt like there was some kind of nod to nod to movie costumes....but 80s movies costumes.

However if this was say in an actual Cannon Movie or something...i think they would have either toned this down, or played it up a touch more..This feels weridly in the middle. You could do more with the makeup, the chain thing...or subtly less.

But yeah, i can say yes its a good thing that there not just doing street clothes or black jumpsuits-but still you would like it better.

Look at the Supergirl costume itself..it is more or less the classic costume-but there are some subtle diffrences. Theres the obvious stiching makrs on the arms, theres the new logo...its a costume and an obvious one at that, but it does have a kind of understated, majestic look. t was also done not by the original costumer- and it shows.

I don't want to wish badly on the people bellow the line, but kinda hope for the second seasons...maybe they make some changes somewhere in production style.

More
20 Feb 2016 16:50 - 20 Feb 2016 16:56 #46517 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic Silver Banshee Pic
Having watched a trailer for a future episode recently, is Silver Banshee Cat's "assistant no.1" compared to Kara's assistant no.2? I wouldn't be surprised given the run-ins Kara has had with other work colleagues... which could lead to an interesting power copy/transfer angle with Lucy Lane...

ETA which could lead to interesting developments in LL's failing relationship with James. All speculation of course.
Last edit: 20 Feb 2016 16:56 by Monty.

More
20 Feb 2016 17:07 #46518 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Silver Banshee Pic
I agree with you Monty - I see a future Lucy power transfer as well.

I also saw the recent trailers on Supergirl.TV for Siobhan Smythe - I clearly had *no* idea how to say that name!

More
20 Feb 2016 17:32 - 20 Feb 2016 17:34 #46520 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic Silver Banshee Pic
Yes it can be a tricky name to pronounce if not from UK /Ireland - it's pronounced She-von - and I can see her being Silver Banshee.

ETA the sb gives it away
Last edit: 20 Feb 2016 17:34 by Monty.

More
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds