Amount

Season 2 Insane Rumours

19 Jul 2016 19:37 #49212 by andyf
Season 2 Insane Rumours was created by andyf
Bleeding Cool.com is reporting some big Supergirl and CWDC rumors that might be made official at SDCC 2016. Regarding Supergirl season 2, both Katy Kane/Batwoman and Barbara Gordon are rumor to appear in season 2. Gordon as Oracle , not as Batgirl. But, Kan e, who in the pages of Dc is Maggie Sawyers girlfriend. Kane will appear as Batwoman, and Babs will be a friend of both Kara Danvers and Supergirl.

CW wants Batman to appear on Supergirl and the other Berlanti DC shows as well, But will have to work out a deal with Fox, due to Fox airing Gotham.

John Wesley Shipp as Jay Garrick Flash showing up on all 4 shows like Wentworh Miller John Barrowman.

Matt Ryan staring as Constantine again in his own show on Friday night.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• andyf
  • andyf's Avatar Topic Author
More
19 Jul 2016 23:29 #49214 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Season 2 Insane Rumours
I figure we only have to wait a few days until rumor becomes an announcement and we find out what is really going on.

The Constantine rumor floated a few weeks back, and I'd love to see it come true. CW would almost have a DC show every day of the week: Supergirl, Flash, Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, Constantine, iZombie. It's weird to resurrect a show after this time, though it's been done before. (There are still some rumors that Netflix might resurrect Young Justice, which I really hope happens. )

Not really sure what I think about Batwoman and Oracle showing up on Supergirl. She doesn't really need Oracle, she's got the DEO and Winn. And if you are going for a Birds of Prey vibe, why not just use Black Canary? Oh, right, she's on Arrow and has been killed. (And I never really warmed up to the actress they had playing her. Now White Canary...)

And the space gets crowded since they tend to overlap Felicity onto Oracle. I do find it weird how much I really liked Felicity at the beginning, and how she didn't take shit from Arrow. Now I find her annoying on Arrow, and it seems having her there makes other characters worse and brings out the worst writing for Arrow himself. I was not unhappy to see Laurel Lance (Black Canary) go this season. I hate to add to the women in the refrigerator theme, but if the writers/network can cure themselves of their Felicity addiction, they might need to repeat it one more time.

I guess Huntress is the same thing -- except it's a different dimension Huntress unless they wipe away that fact. They could even just re-cast the part (slightly different dimensional analog, or just not bother explaining). OTH, Batwoman does give them a tie to maggie and adds that lesbian character on a TV show w/o having to make a new one up. It actually makes sense with Maggie around, and it's a link to the Bat family. So I guess that makes sense, though it still seems a bit forced.

More
20 Jul 2016 15:11 #49217 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic Season 2 Insane Rumours

andyf wrote: Bleeding Cool.com is reporting some big Supergirl and CWDC rumors that might be made official at SDCC 2016. Regarding Supergirl season 2, both Katy Kane/Batwoman and Barbara Gordon are rumor to appear in season 2. Gordon as Oracle , not as Batgirl. But, Kan e, who in the pages of Dc is Maggie Sawyers girlfriend. Kane will appear as Batwoman, and Babs will be a friend of both Kara Danvers and Supergirl.

CW wants Batman to appear on Supergirl and the other Berlanti DC shows as well, But will have to work out a deal with Fox, due to Fox airing Gotham.

John Wesley Shipp as Jay Garrick Flash showing up on all 4 shows like Wentworh Miller John Barrowman.

Matt Ryan staring as Constantine again in his own show on Friday night.

Have they started filming Season 2 yet? I can't remember...

Anyway, as to these rumors, I think some of them are doable and some not. Here are my guesses (which is all they are):

- I don't think Barbara Gordon/Oracle will be on the show. Like Twice said above, they already have their expert hacker/computer person in Wynn so she is not really needed.

- I could see them using Batwoman/Katy Kane in some capacity. Maybe not as a regular character but for a mid-season two or three episode run.

- I don't see them getting to use Batman at all. I know they are getting SM while the movie universe is still going but Batman is a whole different ball of wax. He is WB's #1 cash cow so I don't think WB would lease him out to the CW. Who knows though? I could be wrong?

- Jay Garrick? Yes, I could see that happening.

- Constantine? Don't really care either way. I never watched the NBC show. I've read his comics and some were good and some not. I just never really got invested in the character. Is the show supposed to tie in with the rest of the CW shows in some way?

More
25 Jul 2016 04:02 - 25 Jul 2016 04:03 #49290 by murdough
Replied by murdough on topic Season 2 Insane Rumours
Constantine appeared last season on Arrow. It was revealed that he'd encountered Oliver during his time on the island. Events happened that caused him to owe Oliver a favor, that was cashed in when he preformed a ritual to restore the newly resurrected Sara Lance's soul to her body. Since then, he's been mentioned a few times, and it's pretty much confirmed that the events in Constantine's solo series occurred in the Arrowverse.
Last edit: 25 Jul 2016 04:03 by murdough.

More
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds