Amount

CW micromangaging Supergirl?

31 Jul 2016 14:31 #49375 by andyf
Replied by andyf on topic CW micromangaging Supergirl?
I find it very odd that showrunner Ali Adler was not at the show's panel at SDCC 2016. Last, year all of the shows ex producers were there and this year just Sarah S and no Ali.
If you look at both Adler's Twitter and Instagram pages, nothing Supergirl related has been posted since Jun 21.

Has she left the show? If so, was hasn't the major entertainment trades reported her leaving?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• andyf
  • andyf's Avatar Topic Author
  • SWM - Senior
  • SWM - Senior
More
31 Jul 2016 23:48 #49381 by castor
Replied by castor on topic CW micromangaging Supergirl?
Well this is a big point-It looks like the production started on the 25th-so more or less right after comicon.I would be willing to bet most of the actors flew right from San Diego to Vancouver -it maybe some of the reason there wasn't much material-it simply didn't exist. The photo of Superman i don't existed at max a day-TV guest roles are not thing you have people come in months in advance.

As such Ali--well this is kinda of the time your probabbly pretty busy gearing up to your big new season of the show, and i can get why you don't want to do it right now. The amount of time preasure on show runner during production is enomorious-she has to get 20 episodes out by next year and thats a lot of work not just on the first episode but the next 5. for the other shows that have been in production for a couple of weeks, maybe you can fly down-but not her. Especially for a show that is more or less starting from scratch production wise-new crew location-all of it has to be dealt with.

Was this a wise move to more or less come into Comic Con Empty handed-probabbly not, also for a show that special effects heavy probbbly a bad idea to not give yourself time(i hink i said last year it maybe a better idea for a HBO style 10 episode show simply becuse they would have more time for special effects) but well thats what they did. I doubt it has anything to do wit hthe networks in the slightest.

And to put her next to powerful men-well that can be a kind of method of giving her some philospical space in the show-question her need and value in the world-she will be the main character thats not true, but not necessairly the most powerful. Well honestly i am positive by the end of the season the most powerful but whose to say.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• castor
  • Uberposter of Distinction
  • Uberposter of Distinction
More
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds