Amount

TCA 2016 news

11 Aug 2016 19:46 - 11 Aug 2016 23:49 #49546 by andyf
TCA 2016 news was created by andyf
At todays TCA q and a it was reveled there will a 2 part musical crossover with Flash in the second half of the season. Chris Wood is Mon-El. And last but not least, actress Sharon Leal will play Miss Martian.

EDIT BY R5: Y'know andyf, if you actually put links to the stories you find online it doesn't actually kill you. No, I promise -- really!! Just try it. Just once. I absolutely guarantee no harm will come to you. The only terrible thing that is ever likely to happen is that people will be more likely to believe what you're saying -- that's the worst case scenario. ;) You can add a link by clicking the link icon in the toolbar above the text area.

Spoilertv.com
Last edit: 11 Aug 2016 23:49 by five_red.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, five_red

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• andyf
  • andyf's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 Aug 2016 20:54 #49547 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic TCA 2016 news

andyf wrote: At todays TCA q and a it was reveled there will a 2 part musical crossover with Flash in the second half of the season. Chris Wood is Mon-El. And last but not least, actress Sharon Leal will play Miss Martian.

Really? Sharon Leal, if one from Guiding Light, is 52 y.o. I guess with prosthetics it's not unreasonable, but I was hoping for a Young Justice-esque version of Miss M......

More
12 Aug 2016 06:20 - 12 Aug 2016 06:20 #49552 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic TCA 2016 news

lfan wrote:

andyf wrote: At todays TCA q and a it was reveled there will a 2 part musical crossover with Flash in the second half of the season. Chris Wood is Mon-El. And last but not least, actress Sharon Leal will play Miss Martian.

Really? Sharon Leal, if one from Guiding Light, is 52 y.o. I guess with prosthetics it's not unreasonable, but I was hoping for a Young Justice-esque version of Miss M......

Wrong Sharon Leal , it's the one from Grimm.

Some more info here, including changes in the other CW shows. The most topical for us though is Miss Martian.

www.dccomics.com/blog/2016/08/11/small-s...nd-more?sf33146348=1
Last edit: 12 Aug 2016 06:20 by TwiceOnThursdays.

More
12 Aug 2016 11:53 #49555 by andyf
Replied by andyf on topic TCA 2016 news
The reason why I don't post links is because I don't know how to do it . I guess I'm just not internet savy enough. I don't do it to annoy anybody here.

• andyf
More
12 Aug 2016 13:34 #49558 by TwiceOnThursdays

andyf wrote: The reason why I don't post links is because I don't know how to do it . I guess I'm just not internet savy enough. I don't do it to annoy anybody here.

I would rather you post than get frustrated and not share anything. Actually being an active participant -- finding and sharing things is valuable. Please keep it up! At worst others will come by and fill in the cracks.

I found R5's comment, especially done by editing yours a bit gauche/passive aggressive, which made the humor fall flat for me. Tone is hard on the Internet -- I'm practically a poster child for that. Especially when I'm trying to be brief, I can be really horrible sounding.

I used both kinds of links in my reply above -- one I hit the link button in the editor, in the line of tiny icons above th editor window -- it shows up on a desktop for me but not on my iPhone. If you hover over an icon it'll tell you what it does (bold/link/spoiler). Click the link/url one and it'll ask for a the link address and the text. It'll insert it for you.

The other method is just copy the url from one browser window where you have an article open, and just paste it into the post here: it'll automatically be made into a link.

It is easier to do than it sounds! I used to be a Helpdesk flunky in a previous life and know how hard a text description can be.

Thanks again for starting the new topic!
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan

More
12 Aug 2016 13:35 #49559 by lfan

TwiceOnThursdays wrote:

lfan wrote:

Some more info here, including changes in the other CW shows. The most topical for us though is Miss Martian.

That is the same one from the Guiding Light, although she is 44, not 52 like I thought. While she looks much younger than she actually is -- and is breathtakingly beautiful -- she's not a "teenage" Megan, as depicted on Young Justice. Not a criticism, just an obseervation....... will be interesting what they do with her character (e.g. love interest for J'onn?)

ElF

More
12 Aug 2016 13:42 #49560 by TwiceOnThursdays

lfan wrote:

TwiceOnThursdays wrote:

lfan wrote:

That is the same one from the Guiding Light, although she is 44, not 52 like I thought. While she looks much younger than she actually is -- and is breathtakingly beautiful -- she's not a "teenage" Megan, as depicted on Young Justice. Not a criticism, just an obseervation....... will be interesting what they do with her character (e.g. love interest for J'onn?)

ElF

Holy shit you're right! She does not look her age at ALL. I just assumed she was a decade younger than 44 (let alone 52!) so had to be someone else. Those are some super-femme genes right there.

They do tend to mix up all the characters and their timelines, so I think you're right, we're not getting teenage Megan, or even supergirl age megan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan

More
12 Aug 2016 14:41 #49563 by five_red
Replied by five_red on topic TCA 2016 news

TwiceOnThursdays wrote: I found R5's comment, especially done by editing yours a bit gauche/passive aggressive, which made the humor fall flat for me. Tone is hard on the Internet -- I'm practically a poster child for that. Especially when I'm trying to be brief, I can be really horrible sounding.

Humour is difficult to convey, even when you include smileys. My comments were definitely meant to be jokey -- although, yes, they masked a slight element of frustration.

A little bit of context: for some months now andyf has been posting comments based on news he's found elsewhere on the web. THAT'S GREAT!!! BRILLIANT!!! SUPERB!!! --- but andy never ever cited his source ("Supergirl.tv said..." or "Spoiltertv is claiming...") or puts links to the original site. Because people almost always ask him to name the source, I've been silently adding the links into his post for him, by creatively Googling and guessing the site he was reading (which is bloody difficult in a few cases, like the news he posted about the SG action figures a few months back which took me forever to find!) Rather than post my own message to include the link, I tend to append to the original posting because (a) that's where the citation should have been ideally, and (b) the original poster gets the credit/"thanks" rather than me.

Because andy would mention stuff like new photos he'd seen , and because it's always me that has to track down the material and add the link in for him (as part of my job as mod), I started putting comments to the effect of "Here's the link"... which became the more hint-dropping "it wouldn't kill you to post the link...", which resulted in the fully blown deliberately-attention-grabbing sarcasm of this thread. :)

I have nothing against andyf, and I sincerely hope he continues to post here, as his contributions are GREATLY valued. As a mod my job is to try to keep the conversation moving smoothly, and if threads end up being peppered with posters asking "where did you learn this?" then things don't flow so well. Normally I try to silently fix things by providing the missing info, or fixing the broken image link, or moving your thread to the correct forum, or whatever. Sometimes I try to nudge people towards useful behaviour with subtle hints. Sometimes (on a bad day) the hints aren't as subtle as they could be -- I'm human!! I don't always get it right! But it's never personal -- it's just me being a bit tired after a long day.

If other forum users are asking for something, and you don't know how to do it using the forum software... just say so. PM one of the mods if you don't want to go public, and we'll try to help. If you don't know how to get a link for a given resource, name the source in the text ("This is from kryptonsite...") and I'll try to find it for you -- I'll slip it into your message just as if you had posted it yourself, and you still get the credit. ;)

R5
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, Random321, TwiceOnThursdays

More
12 Aug 2016 15:22 #49565 by TwiceOnThursdays
I was more talking to him, than trying to criticize you. It seemed a bit awkward to me, and I thought for a moment what he probably felt. Lord knows I've really upset people when I didn't mean to on the internet. MOST of the time that's not my intent. Some of the time, well that one guy on my Deviant art page was asking for it. ;-)

I figured there was likely some built-up frustration involved too. And then, maybe another voice might help.

I think you can rely upon some of the readers to help too. Some will wonder about the post/image and go find them. I know that I google EVERYTHING. Down to someone makes a joke, and I google the facts/implied facts in jokes.

i'm almost anal about finding the original source of artwork (artist/where it was posted) and giving credit. About the same for photos. So you'll often find me replying to a post with "this is by blah, you can find it here".

It's a disease. Sometimes people benefit from it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: five_red

More
12 Aug 2016 15:28 - 12 Aug 2016 15:28 #49566 by lfan
Also.....FWIW, its being reported that the musical episode will be episode #13. The mega-crossover will clock in at episode #8 (probably during sweeps)....

Source: Emergency Awesome

ElF
Last edit: 12 Aug 2016 15:28 by lfan.

More
14 Aug 2016 15:32 #49599 by andyf
Thanks everybody for speaking up for me. I will try to post links in the future.

• andyf
More
10 Oct 2016 20:39 #50621 by lfan
David Harewood reporting that Miss Martian will make first appearance.....

Warning: Spoiler!

ElF

More
10 Oct 2016 22:41 #50628 by andyf
Herd David Harewoods say that, too during that podcast he did today. IMDB has Sharon Leal appearing in episodes 8 and 21.

• andyf
More
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds