Amount

using her powers less and less

04 Feb 2017 18:16 #52388 by andyf
using her powers less and less was created by andyf
It seems in season 2, Kara is using her powers less and less. Except for heat vision, which she seems to be using more and more, she seem s to using be using most of het powers less and less.

Less flying, less superstrength, less x-ray vision and even, less superhearing.
Why is this happening? There's a real lack of scenes were Kara does something really phyicially impressive.
Like in season 1's How Does She Do it? , she stops a building from collapsing and stops am out of control high speed train in just one episode.

We just don't see scenes like that in season 2 anymore. Why?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• andyf
  • andyf's Avatar Topic Author
More
04 Feb 2017 19:28 #52389 by cbaby
Replied by cbaby on topic using her powers less and less
Lack of budget?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395

More
04 Feb 2017 20:07 #52390 by andyf
Replied by andyf on topic using her powers less and less
Could be.

• andyf
More
05 Feb 2017 14:16 #52396 by theomach
Replied by theomach on topic using her powers less and less
I really like the show but it seems to be devolving into the same thing every week. I would like to see an episode where Kara's powers are transferred to another woman. I think that would make for a very interesting story.

More
05 Feb 2017 16:12 #52398 by Artnico
Replied by Artnico on topic using her powers less and less

theomach wrote: I really like the show but it seems to be devolving into the same thing every week. I would like to see an episode where Kara's powers are transferred to another woman. I think that would make for a very interesting story.

Yes, it's a cool idea !

More
05 Feb 2017 21:39 #52411 by andyf
Replied by andyf on topic using her powers less and less
Anybody else think she seems to be using her powers less and less? On a certain message board, somebody got a little angry when I asked this question.

• andyf
More
06 Feb 2017 00:12 #52413 by ace191
Replied by ace191 on topic using her powers less and less
Several folks on this site predicted that the move to the CW would come with fewer bucks available for special effects so this is expected. We also wished for and got more time with Kara in her red and blues which is not a bad trade off. Perhaps when Myx and his magic arrive we will see Kara's sister powered up hopefully in the red and blues. I can think of several plot lines for that one.

More
06 Feb 2017 14:19 #52422 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic using her powers less and less

theomach wrote: I really like the show but it seems to be devolving into the same thing every week. I would like to see an episode where Kara's powers are transferred to another woman. I think that would make for a very interesting story.

Even better would be Mon El's powers transferred to another unsuspecting girl - possibly a colleague in the office? It kind of works that way with first live wire then Siobhan. Then we'd have two Supergirl's and a powerless Mon El!

More
07 Feb 2017 00:35 #52427 by willow
Replied by willow on topic using her powers less and less
I think budgetary constraints are the main reason. A reason the show was moved to the CW network and filming changed to Vancouver was because it was so expensive. Special effects, even basic ones, cost a lot of money to do. Even shows that seem to have a lot higher budget like Jessica Jones and Luke Cage were sometimes light on the displays of superpowers.

Can't comment on the show itself though. I am waiting for the season to end, and then plan on binge watching it through Netflix along with Flash, Arrow, and others.

More
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds