Amount

SPOILER ALERT! Do not read if you don't want to know...

28 Mar 2017 13:27 - 28 Mar 2017 13:29 #53372 by Monty
Kevin Smith is going to expose Kara as Supergirl in the next episode of Supergirl in mid April! It's all kicking off over on SG.tv.
Last edit: 28 Mar 2017 13:29 by Monty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: theomach

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Monty
  • Monty's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
28 Mar 2017 13:46 #53373 by Monty
This may take the series in a totally new direction. It's almost as if Kevin is saying 'this show is mine now - anybody else want to mess with this?'
The following user(s) said Thank You: theomach

• Monty
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
28 Mar 2017 17:56 #53381 by brantley
Like, how come nobody's ever exposed her before when, unlike Clark Kent, she doesn't even wear glasses? Anyway, I presume that Google photo recognition is part of her reality as well as ours...

--Brantley

More
28 Mar 2017 20:35 #53382 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic SPOILER ALERT! Do not read if you don't want to know...
I doubt that this is solely a Kevin Smith thing. I mean he might be directing the episode, but it'd be bigger than that, and he's not even listed as a writer on the Episodes he directed.

He could have suggested it to them.

Didn't she claim Clark was her cousin? It's sort of a dead give away if Superman is related to Supergirl, then Superman's secret identity would have interacted with Kara Danvers at some point .... (At the very least I think Cat Grant would put it together if she asked herself that question.)

More
28 Mar 2017 21:58 - 28 Mar 2017 22:06 #53385 by five_red
Relax, it isn't as bad as you think.

Basically I believe they do what Random did a few years back in one of his PSW videos -- one of the perils of wearing your super clothes underneath your everyday attire is that the former is indestructible (apparently, somehow!), while the latter is not.

Seriously, if you guys get in a flap about this plot gimmick, I have some Silver Age covers I can show you that will blow your minds.

R5

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 28 Mar 2017 22:06 by five_red.

More
28 Mar 2017 22:04 #53386 by Monty
Only James knows of Kal-El's true self and background - as well as a few others about Kara....until now - interesting times...

• Monty
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
29 Mar 2017 02:57 - 29 Mar 2017 02:59 #53391 by Monty

five_red wrote: Relax, it isn't as bad as you think.

Basically I believe they do what Random did a few years back in one of his PSW videos -- one of the perils of wearing your super clothes underneath your everyday attire is that the former is indestructible (apparently, somehow!), while the latter is not.

Seriously, if you guys get in a flap about this plot gimmick, I have some Silver Age covers I can show you that will blow your minds.

R5

I thought I'd stick five red's great work here - it looks like the way it is going to go...

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 29 Mar 2017 02:59 by Monty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: five_red

• Monty
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
29 Mar 2017 03:43 #53392 by ace191
In the original 1950's Adventures of Superman two bad guys and one bad girl used a dog ( I think his name was Corkey) to figure out that Clark Kent was Superman, so he flew them to an isolated cabin on a Rocky Mountain and left them there with a promise to keep them supplied with food and water ( but no internet or TV). They tried to get off the mountain by themselves, but all 3 fell to their deaths ( so it wasn't really Superman's fault). Problem solved.

More
29 Mar 2017 12:30 #53399 by Monty
I'm thinking Lynda Carter, as the (unknown) alien president may be the protagonist in all of this. I'm not up to speed with the current series as I'm in the UK. Gonna have to wait for the dvd.
SG.TV has crashed by the way.

• Monty
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
01 Apr 2017 12:19 - 01 Apr 2017 12:22 #53462 by Monty

ace191 wrote: In the original 1950's Adventures of Superman two bad guys and one bad girl used a dog ( I think his name was Corkey) to figure out that Clark Kent was Superman, so he flew them to an isolated cabin on a Rocky Mountain and left them there with a promise to keep them supplied with food and water ( but no internet or TV). They tried to get off the mountain by themselves, but all 3 fell to their deaths ( so it wasn't really Superman's fault). Problem solved.

I think the fact that Kara works for a major media organisation and the communications technology now available will blow this out the water...it's not the 1950's anymore. Perhaps Jonn Jonzz will have to perform a shape changing stunt at a live press conference with Kara? (Although I never did buy into Cat Grant's "You don't even look like her anyway")
Last edit: 01 Apr 2017 12:22 by Monty.

• Monty
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
09 Apr 2017 00:50 #53572 by rebel4life
Yeah well, as long as this means that Melissa Benoist, who by know clearly should have stuck to musicals, does not get kicked her sorry ass around by everybody and his great-grandmother, I'm fine with it.

• rebel4life
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds