Amount

Season 2 x 21 Resist

16 May 2017 04:04 #54115 by theomach
Season 2 x 21 Resist was created by theomach
I thought it was the best episode of the series. All kinds of action, betrayal, and inspiration. The ending leaves you wanting more. Can't wait for the season finale next week. Oh, btw enough with the name dropping already.
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Highlander

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• theomach
  • theomach's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 May 2017 05:10 #54118 by d_k_c
Replied by d_k_c on topic Season 2 x 21 Resist
And the writing was top notch! Starting with the president attacking a fleet of enemy war ships in air force one, and it only get better from there! And I got to hand it to the acting, not one of the actors seemed to be overwhelmed by the intense and heart felt dialogue. Do I even have to mention the special effects. Is the budget a billion dollars....I mean good lord, I felt like I was watching an avengers movie!

Kudos - To the genius who thought spraying dust at aliens would not only make them lose their powers, but also drop their weapons.

And Boo! to Mehcad Brooks for at times giving a look which suggested that this scene is fucking retarded
The following user(s) said Thank You: theomach

More
16 May 2017 11:06 - 16 May 2017 11:19 #54120 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Season 2 x 21 Resist
I liked the beginning and most of the end of this episode.
The Star power alone during the opening credits made sure this was going to be something special.
Like the previous posts stated this episode was well acted with plenty of twists and turns.
I could completely do with out the name dropping and the political B.S. in the middle.
In a couple of years no will care about or even remember who Kanye or Taylor is.
And there are MANY people who are not Democrats but are good people.
I personally am neither Democrat or Republican so where do i fall in Cat's world?

President Marsden is a fraud so Alex is under no obligation to follow her orders.

There is only two qualifications to be President of the United States. Over 35 years old and BORN in the United States.
Marsden is an alien born on another planet.

Supergirl vs Superman is absolutely the LAST thing I wanted to see on this show.
Last edit: 16 May 2017 11:19 by Markiehoe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SCOTT R, theomach

More
16 May 2017 12:23 - 16 May 2017 12:23 #54122 by kikass2014
Replied by kikass2014 on topic Season 2 x 21 Resist
I thought this was a great episode in the main :)

It was well paced, well written and all the players had a chance to shine and delivered. In particular Calista Flockhart as Cat. She was like a breath of fresh air, and clearly showed that her presence is missed. Her intro, her "resist speech", her outing of James as Guardian, all impeccably delivered.

Sure, the left-wing political BS could have been left out. But did anyone really expect anything different?? I mean, come on, ALL mainstream media is left-wing propaganda lol.

Anywho, that aside, the episode was still a really strong one, bringing a strong end to the season imo. A lot of the narratives were brought full circle, and it was awesome to see Brenda back in the mix (how tall is that woman btw?? She seems huge standing next to Alex and Kara in one scene lol ).

There were also some nice twists along the way, with the characters pretty much staying consistent with who they are imo. Even down to the Superman turn. I figured it was him that destroyed the cannon, but figured it was so he could fly in and aid Kara. And while I too didn't really want to see him fight Kara, meh, I'm willing to let it play out and see if Supes has a plan up his sleeve.

Overall, really well done and kudos to Team Supergirl pulling off a good recovery and end to the season. I for one am looking forward to next weeks season finale.

Peace.

/K
Last edit: 16 May 2017 12:23 by kikass2014.
The following user(s) said Thank You: theomach

More
16 May 2017 13:37 #54123 by Markiehoe

kikass2014 wrote: I thought this was a great episode in the main :)

it was awesome to see Brenda back in the mix (how tall is that woman btw?? She seems huge standing next to Alex and Kara in one scene lol ).

/K

I met Brenda Strong at a convention.
She is six feet tall and stands straight.

We talked about the old show Sports Night where she played Sally Sasser an ex Basketball player turned TV show producer.
She would routinely wear 4 inch heels so she would tower over all the other actors on set.
Especially the actress who played her rival who was just 5'5"
Here she stands over a male co star

Brenda lobbied to play Sue Ellen (the bra less woman) on Seinfeld stating that her height would make the joke funnier because the much shorter Elaine would have to stare into her chest.

Needless to say I am a fan.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: kikass2014

More
16 May 2017 15:02 #54126 by kikass2014
Tnx Markie. Lucky guy to have met her in person :) Sounds like a lovely person :)

Peace.

/K
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe

More
17 May 2017 00:35 #54139 by Markiehoe
I just want to add that Lena Luthor wore two great outfits.
Her red wedding dress

And that super sexy black night gown she wakes up in in the beginning of the episode.

This message has attachments images.

The following user(s) said Thank You: SCOTT R, aguilauno, kikass2014

More
17 May 2017 20:14 #54147 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Season 2 x 21 Resist
I guess I wasn't bothered by the name dropping as it seemed like something Cat Grant would do/say. She also kicked ass all the way through.

I think it was inevitable to have a Supergirl/Superman fight. It happens in just about every Super-hero tale where eventually the people have to fight for some reason (mind control, on different sides, etc). It's not great, but it's a thin attempt to show how much of a hero Kara is as she can go up against Superman. (except he's probably not at full capacity due to mind control.) It also explains where Superman is, but doesn't mean that we have to like it.

I know it's hard to shoot your mother (Mon-el)/kill someone (others). But this ENTIRE thing could have been avoided by anyone putting a couple shots center mass into Rhea. She dies and their leader is Mon-el, and it's all over. After your mother just admitted that she killed your father, and she's invading your new home and wants to kill your girlfriend, at some point Mon-el is going to have to realize that he's out of options and the correct course is to kill his mother. She's never ever going to give up.

I'll also note she refers to herself as "acting regent". Is Mon-el the rightful heir, and therefore should be King? I get why he doesn't WANT to be King, but it's better than killing his mother and or letting her rule. It's just shitty for him. (On most Earth Monarchies, if his father had the bloodline, then he would be King, but it's possible that Rhea has the bloodline and married his father, and therefore is rightfully the Queen, but that's not how she's talking....)

If you're talking about killing two of your friends or killing all the Daxamites on a ship ... targeting and killing the leader seems like fair game. I get why it's not a Cadmus strategy, nor does Supergirl want to kill anyone. IT should have been one for the DEO as a Plan B (Daxamite shields might be able to resist the best Earth weapon). After all the Daxamites just tried to kill the President not too long ago....

But all in all, a pretty great episode. It was awesome to see Cat Grant again.

More
18 May 2017 00:19 - 18 May 2017 00:20 #54151 by kikass2014

I know it's hard to shoot your mother (Mon-el)/kill someone (others). But this ENTIRE thing could have been avoided by anyone putting a couple shots center mass into Rhea. She dies and their leader is Mon-el, and it's all over. After your mother just admitted that she killed your father, and she's invading your new home and wants to kill your girlfriend, at some point Mon-el is going to have to realize that he's out of options and the correct course is to kill his mother. She's never ever going to give up.

Yeah, but you are forgetting Rhea's super power. The power of Plot! :P

Like I've said before, for me, these things happen and are expected in shows like this tbh. If I analysed every minute detail, in every episode, of every show I've watched, I could write encyclopedia on points such as these.

Having said that however, yeah, I get what you're saying Twice :)

Peace.

/K

P.S. And agree with you Markie, Katie looked great, especially in the red dress :) Looking forward to seeing more of her next season :)
Last edit: 18 May 2017 00:20 by kikass2014.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe, TwiceOnThursdays

More
18 May 2017 13:04 #54160 by Markiehoe
Unlike Alex, Rad as featured in my story "Fools Rush in" in FemForce comics, has no problem pulling the trigger on a giant laser cannon.

This message has an attachment image.

More
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds