Amount

2 years ago today

26 Oct 2017 17:07 #56755 by andyf
2 years ago today was created by andyf
Supergirl 1st aired on CBS today 2 years ago. I still say that the charge in management at CBS was the biggest factor in the show going to the CW. MacGyver, SWAT and now they've order a Magnum PI reboot into development. They simply don't want female led dramas anymore.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• andyf
  • andyf's Avatar Topic Author
More
26 Oct 2017 18:04 #56759 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic 2 years ago today

andyf wrote: Supergirl 1st aired on CBS today 2 years ago. I still say that the charge in management at CBS was the biggest factor in the show going to the CW. MacGyver, SWAT and now they've order a Magnum PI reboot into development. They simply don't want female led dramas anymore.

But, but, but... CBS hired Ali Adler from Supergirl to develop their new shows so she can get rich and famous.

I will give her credit for starting Supergirl, but even more credit for leaving.

Certainly, everyone wants to see more of the consummate mid-20th century man, Tom Selleck and his TV family, now that we're well into the 21st century. Glorifying a world that never was, except in the selective memory of people his age.

And who doesn't want to see SWAT teams busting into houses to shoot bad guys? More shooting is good.

SIGH!!!

CBS is obviously intent on chasing the 55+ audience. Or is it 65+.?

(I may be in that age group, but I try to keep my brain from clogging up and clattering to a stop like most old farts.)

Best of luck to Adler. May she stay at CBS, the dead spot on my TV.

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
26 Oct 2017 18:22 #56762 by andyf
Replied by andyf on topic 2 years ago today
She shows she may help create may be for the CW, not just CBS.

• andyf
  • andyf's Avatar Topic Author
More
26 Oct 2017 22:32 #56766 by fats
Replied by fats on topic 2 years ago today

shadar wrote:

andyf wrote: Supergirl 1st aired on CBS today 2 years ago. I still say that the charge in management at CBS was the biggest factor in the show going to the CW. MacGyver, SWAT and now they've order a Magnum PI reboot into development. They simply don't want female led dramas anymore.

But, but, but... CBS hired Ali Adler from Supergirl to develop their new shows so she can get rich and famous.

I will give her credit for starting Supergirl, but even more credit for leaving.

Certainly, everyone wants to see more of the consummate mid-20th century man, Tom Selleck and his TV family, now that we're well into the 21st century. Glorifying a world that never was, except in the selective memory of people his age.

And who doesn't want to see SWAT teams busting into houses to shoot bad guys? More shooting is good.

SIGH!!!

(I may be in that age group, but I try to keep my brain from clogging up and clattering to a stop like most old farts.)

i thought you are 85???

Fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
27 Oct 2017 00:31 #56776 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic 2 years ago today

fats wrote:

shadar wrote:

SIGH!!!

i thought you are 85???

Fats

Not for a while, but hopefully someday I can make that claim. The bigger question is whether SWM still be here in the year 2033?

Shadar

• shadar
More
27 Oct 2017 01:03 #56778 by fats
Replied by fats on topic 2 years ago today

shadar wrote:

fats wrote:

shadar wrote:

SIGH!!!

i thought you are 85???

Fats

Not for a while, but hopefully someday I can make that claim. The bigger question is whether SWM still be here in the year 2033?

Shadar

It WILL be.

Fats
The following user(s) said Thank You: mo, shadar, Dru1076, aguilauno, Markiehoe, Monty

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds