Amount

Season 3 x 10 Legion of Superheroes

29 Dec 2017 03:17 #57909 by murdough
Season 3 x 10 Legion of Superheroes was created by murdough
Official synopsis and air date for the mid season premiere has been released.

“Legion of Superheroes”

“MEET THE LEGION – Struggling to heal from her injuries inflicted by Reign (Odette Annable), Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) remains in a dreamlike state, unable to be reached. Mon-El (Chris Wood) recruits one of the Legion members, Brainiac-5 (guest star Jesse Rath), to try to bring her back. Meanwhile, Reign continues her rampage on the city so the DEO teams up with the Legion of Superheroes to try to stop her. Jesse Warn directed the episode written by Derek Simon & Eric Carrasco (#310). Original airdate 1/15/18.”
The following user(s) said Thank You: SHTL, Monty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• murdough
  • murdough's Avatar Topic Author
More
29 Dec 2017 16:32 #57917 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic Season 3 x 10 Legion of Superheroes
Looking forward to the "Reign continues her rampage on the city" part greatly. :)

More
04 Jan 2018 22:03 #58019 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Season 3 x 10 Legion of Superheroes
I'm a little surprised by the lack of leaks or previews so far. Then again I also keep thinking we have four days to wait when it's really 11 days (bla). I do hope we see some more ramp up early next week - I didn't think the late Friday teaser releases for a Monday show were the best.

One cutsie teaser for the return at least:

More
05 Jan 2018 21:14 #58029 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Season 3 x 10 Legion of Superheroes
Well - I guess I should post more often because here we are with an extended trailer to warm us up to the show again (if that's needed):

The following user(s) said Thank You: mo, kikass2014

More
06 Jan 2018 00:33 #58030 by kikass2014
Replied by kikass2014 on topic Season 3 x 10 Legion of Superheroes
Nice :) Looking forward to it :)

Peace.

/K

More
08 Jan 2018 17:09 #58075 by AlbertC
Replied by AlbertC on topic Season 3 x 10 Legion of Superheroes
For me the vision of Reign arriving causes me excitement, anxiously waiting for the episode

More
08 Jan 2018 19:11 #58077 by SHTL
Replied by SHTL on topic Season 3 x 10 Legion of Superheroes
Same here :)

More
16 Jan 2018 12:45 #58148 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Season 3 x 10 Legion of Superheroes
WOW

Another really good episode.
I have to watch again and post all of my positive things in the episode.
Reign is an awesome badgirl.

My one negative take away is the utterly boring Legion uniforms.
Looks like they raided the X Men's hand me downs.
Black Jumpsuits ...how un inspiring.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kikass2014

More
16 Jan 2018 16:29 - 16 Jan 2018 16:31 #58149 by kikass2014
I have to agree, this was another really good episode :) (Is that a perfect streak so far this season :cheer: :)

Reign is so awesome :D Everytime she is on screen, I can't turn my eyes away :D

I also appreciated the fact that, while yes psychotic, she does have motivation for her actions in that she believes she is doing right. And while it is not Shakespearean in depth, I like the fact that a part of me kinda agrees with why she is doing what she is doing. And wants her to succeed :evil:

For all the boo-ha about the new Brainiac, I didn't find him that bad tbh. I liked his interplay with Melissa. Especially with one of the most beautiful shots in the episode of her blasting the door to her loft. Kinda brings up images of season 1 when she did the same to Red Tornado (though that to me is the PERFECT shot of Supergirl in the whole series so far).

I liked the Legion rings (nerd in me), though I do agree that the costumes were kind of a let down. Maybe they will change (like Isis on LoT did), but meh, not a biggie.

Loved Melissa imitating Harewood with Lena. That was fricking hilarious imo :D

And the best was the Bon Jovi track as the Legion ship came out of the water LOL :D Brilliant :P

Kudos to Team Supergirl, you did it again. Man, what happened to the writing team??? This is light years ahead compared to last season OO.

Go Team Supergirl :) Look forward to Sarah in next weeks episode :)

Peace.

/K

P.S. I think we did get a clue to the fate of Reign when the Legion mentioned that "she leaves at some point". Does this mean she is not killed? Is she redeemed? Curious.
Last edit: 16 Jan 2018 16:31 by kikass2014.
The following user(s) said Thank You: theomach

More
16 Jan 2018 18:54 #58152 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Season 3 x 10 Legion of Superheroes

kikass2014 wrote: I have to agree, this was another really good episode :) (Is that a perfect streak so far this season :cheer: :)

Kudos to Team Supergirl, you did it again. Man, what happened to the writing team??? This is light years ahead compared to last season OO.

Peace.

/K

As I understand it, the writers are the same as Season 1 and 2. What changed is that the (she shall remain unnamed) Showrunner left after Season 2 and let the writers do their thing.

Leadership matters... sometimes in the worst possible ways.

Shadar
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe, theomach, kikass2014

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
16 Jan 2018 22:32 #58155 by d_k_c
Replied by d_k_c on topic Season 3 x 10 Legion of Superheroes
Going to have to agree....Season 2 was sooo bad....from start to finish, i'm surprised there was a season 3.

I really enjoy this season. The writing is fun. Reign is awesome. I literally have no complaints.

I'm curious, didn't Reign have an issue with men? Did I read that in a comic or was that on the show? or maybe I was mistaken....Still.....Nice to have a superpowered female group to take on Supergirl.

• d_k_c
  • Away
More
17 Jan 2018 00:24 #58157 by fats
Replied by fats on topic Season 3 x 10 Legion of Superheroes
I would have preferred queen - one vision rather than Bon Jovi - livin on a prayer

loved the 10 pin bowling sound effect when reign hit the third prisoner,

the series has gone from strength to strength over the year, so much is due to the writers having the freedom to explore the other aspects and add to that the security that they will be writing for at least 2 more series.

fats
The following user(s) said Thank You: kikass2014

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
17 Jan 2018 10:54 - 17 Jan 2018 10:55 #58162 by kikass2014

they will be writing for at least 2 more series

Really? I didn't know that :) Good news is nice to hear while drinking coffee in the morning :D

Tnx Fats :)

With regards to the track used, I think both would have worked (I'm a bigger Queen fan then Bon Jovi :P ), but Bon Jovi was set up earlier, so it made sense I guess :)

Peace.

/K
Last edit: 17 Jan 2018 10:55 by kikass2014.

More
17 Jan 2018 13:40 #58163 by kshoo
Replied by kshoo on topic Season 3 x 10 Legion of Superheroes
IMO, this season just grows from strength to strength, and I like the show is portraying two characters who are actually fighting for a similar concept albeit one through hope and by the book, the other through fear and on her own. Familiar concept?

I am still hoping that eventually both of them will eventually see the same point, and that eventually their love for what they hold dear will somehow bring about a great conclusion to the arc, and yes, I'd like Odette to continue her role too!!!

More
18 Jan 2018 00:08 #58171 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Season 3 x 10 Legion of Superheroes
I like Queen better than Bon Jovi, but Bon Jovi fits Mon El better so it fit the scene better. It was a pretty epic.

The Legion costumes were bland, but Amy Jackson (Imra) looked FANTASTIC in hers. Being totally gorgeous does go a long way.

The episode was just a great show of Reign/Imra/Supergirl. We do live in great times. ;-)

Brainy's appearance was ... weird. I grew used to him and liked him by the end. Overall a fairly good portrayal of Brainy, one that didn't focus too much on arrogance which is often the case with people writing him. I think they also do a good job of not over-selling his traditional infatuation with Supergirl.

Brainy has always been one of my favorite characters, and the Supergirl/Brainy pairing was one that I liked. Most of Supergirl's other boyfriends seemed more infatuations. I'm not sure I'd want to see it on the show. One of the nice things in the comics is the "she doesn't remember when she's in the present, she only remembers when she's in the future" bit. So it was only an element in the Legion comics.

Con: Brainy didn't show off his force field.

I think the fan boy in me will always squeal a bit when I see a Legion flight ring.

I say the same for Streaky (you'll notice he's in quite a few of my Supergirl commissions). Though I have to say, I had these reactions along with the sheer joy of seeing him on screen:

- WTF, a black cat?
- no super powers! (well he doesn't have them originally in the comics either.)
- also seems like he might be dead now? BOO.

But, as with a lot of casting on Supergirl, he might not have LOOKED like Streaky, but he played his part well. Legion flight rings and Streaky in the same episode!

I know everyone is raving about Reign, and she's great too.

I agree with the consensus, another great episode. It might be the first one that I want to go back and rewatch most if not all of it again. Sometimes I go back and rewatch the main fight (like last episode), but it's rare that I rewatch the entire thing.

More
18 Jan 2018 07:08 #58177 by Monty

TwiceOnThursdays wrote: I like Queen better than Bon Jovi, but Bon Jovi fits Mon El better so it fit the scene better. It was a pretty epic.

The Legion costumes were bland, but Amy Jackson (Imra) looked FANTASTIC in hers. Being totally gorgeous does go a long way.

The episode was just a great show of Reign/Imra/Supergirl. We do live in great times. ;-)

Brainy's appearance was ... weird. I grew used to him and liked him by the end. Overall a fairly good portrayal of Brainy, one that didn't focus too much on arrogance which is often the case with people writing him. I think they also do a good job of not over-selling his traditional infatuation with Supergirl.

Brainy has always been one of my favorite characters, and the Supergirl/Brainy pairing was one that I liked. Most of Supergirl's other boyfriends seemed more infatuations. I'm not sure I'd want to see it on the show. One of the nice things in the comics is the "she doesn't remember when she's in the present, she only remembers when she's in the future" bit. So it was only an element in the Legion comics.

Con: Brainy didn't show off his force field.

I think the fan boy in me will always squeal a bit when I see a Legion flight ring.

I say the same for Streaky (you'll notice he's in quite a few of my Supergirl commissions). Though I have to say, I had these reactions along with the sheer joy of seeing him on screen:

- WTF, a black cat?
- no super powers! (well he doesn't have them originally in the comics either.)
- also seems like he might be dead now? BOO.

But, as with a lot of casting on Supergirl, he might not have LOOKED like Streaky, but he played his part well. Legion flight rings and Streaky in the same episode!

I know everyone is raving about Reign, and she's great too.

I agree with the consensus, another great episode. It might be the first one that I want to go back and rewatch most if not all of it again. Sometimes I go back and rewatch the main fight (like last episode), but it's rare that I rewatch the entire thing.

Is there anyone who knows when this airs in Britain? #ukalwayscatchingup.

More
18 Jan 2018 09:18 #58179 by kikass2014

Is there anyone who knows when this airs in Britain? #ukalwayscatchingup.

I couldn't find an exact date, just says "Early 2018".

With Supergirl taking a 9 WEEK break after the next three episodes air, I'm thinking they will probably air after the hiatus.

Hope that helps :)

Peace.

/K
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monty

More
18 Jan 2018 13:53 - 18 Jan 2018 14:38 #58184 by Monty

fats wrote: I would have preferred queen - one vision rather than Bon Jovi - livin on a prayer

loved the 10 pin bowling sound effect when reign hit the third prisoner,

the series has gone from strength to strength over the year, so much is due to the writers having the freedom to explore the other aspects and add to that the security that they will be writing for at least 2 more series.

fats

Would love to see Reign do a slo-mo walk-through to THIS.

Somewhat fitting while she smashes and trashes on her comeback.
Last edit: 18 Jan 2018 14:38 by Monty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe

More
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds