Amount

Season 4 CW moves Supergirl to Sunday

17 May 2018 13:17 #59499 by five_red
Season 4 CW moves Supergirl to Sunday was created by five_red
tvline.com: The CW Fall Schedule: Supergirl and Charmed Take Over Sunday, Arrow Targets Monday, Jane Held to '19

Supergirl moves to an 8pm Sunday slot for season four.

R5

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• five_red
  • five_red's Avatar Topic Author
More
17 May 2018 13:40 #59500 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Season 4 CW moves Supergirl to Sunday
I really don't know what to make of this.
Does the CW believe Supergirl is a strong enough show to anchor it's new Sunday line up?
Or do they believe the built in fan base for a new Charmed will tune in early for Supergirl?

More
17 May 2018 15:52 #59501 by ace191
Replied by ace191 on topic Season 4 CW moves Supergirl to Sunday
That move is going to make my night!

More
18 May 2018 02:49 #59519 by willow
Replied by willow on topic Season 4 CW moves Supergirl to Sunday
On a major network (CBS, ABC, NBC) that would be the time slot of death. Usually shows that are in trouble get put there. A good example is the last couple of seasons of Alias. Started out strong on a Friday or Saturday, but once ratings started to decline in later seasons so the show got dumped to Sundays. I think it survived for another season or two but that was it.

I am not sure what it means for CW. Saturday and Sunday were high profile slots back when Fox and UPN were trying to compete with the major networks. That was where shows like X-Files, Star Trek TNG, and Married with Children went. If that is the case, then it is a pretty strong show of confidence for Supergirl while moving Arrow to Mondays could be a signal that that show is in serious ratings trouble. However, I am not sure how any of this still holds true in today's TV market. Like many people, I am a cord-cutter so I get my shows via Internet streaming services.

More
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds