Amount

2013 Supergirl Casting Scandal

07 Mar 2019 19:47 - 07 Mar 2019 20:13 #63088 by Random321
2013 Supergirl Casting Scandal was created by Random321
Apparently, a woman (Charlotte Kirk) was using/abusing her executive connections in an attempt to get roles and was after the WB/CW/CBS Supergirl role.

As a fan of merit bringing success, not connections or status, this disgusts me - but it would have made for an interesting casting.

www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/i-nee...relationship-1192660
cosmicbook.news/wb-sex-scandal-supergirl
Last edit: 07 Mar 2019 20:13 by fats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Random321
  • Random321's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
07 Mar 2019 20:09 - 07 Mar 2019 20:16 #63089 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic 2013 Supergirl Casting Scandal

Random321 wrote: Apparently a woman (Charlotte Kirk) was using/abusing her executive connections in an attempt to get roles and was after the WB/CW/CBS Supergirl role.

Charlotte is more classically beautiful and she exudes sex appeal, which could work for Supergirl, but I have no clue as to how her chemistry and acting ability would work in the show.  MB isn't a great actress, but she had an upbeat, charmingly dorky personality that really worked in the first season of the show. She wasn't the Supergirl I was hoping for, and she wasn't intimidating (which can be argued either way for Supergirl) but rather a girl next door type. Not just in how she played the role, but more or less in real life back in 2013. That made up for a lot and cemented the role for her. 

Of course, people her age grow and change over the years, and roles and writers change, so some of those quirky MB charms seem to be in the past now.  No doubt it would have been a somewhat different show with Charlotte as Kara/SB, but we'll never know if it would have been better or worse.

And thinking back through this makes me nostalgic for that first CBS season. It may have been "villain of the week" time, which wasn't great writing, but the development of her role, and her inhabiting it as an actor along with the other principal actors in the show was a lot of fun.

Net, net... MB was really right for Season 1.  I don't know if Charlotte would have done a better or worse job than MB as the show went into the later seasons and Supergirl was no longer quirky and innocent and new on the scene. 

I won't comment too much on her relationship with an executive and how that affected her opportunities for roles. Never liked that kind of thing, but I grew up and worked in an environment all my life where that kind of stuff went on all around me in corporate America, and obviously to an extreme in the entertainment business. People wanted to become rock stars and media executives because of the hot women who were available. But I left the workforce back in 2007 and it appears much of that has changed. A good thing.  

Shadar 
Last edit: 07 Mar 2019 20:16 by shadar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds