Amount

Awkward Lunch Date

08 Oct 2015 19:30 - 08 Oct 2015 19:30 #44476 by castor
Awkward Lunch Date was created by castor
Since the Comments are down made a comment thread about the short story i wrote.

And its pretty short, but hope people like it.
Last edit: 08 Oct 2015 19:30 by castor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• castor
  • castor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
08 Oct 2015 21:17 #44479 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Awkward Lunch Date
I personally liked this one a lot -- prob more than most of your other works. It was sweet and genuine and took an 'uberistic slant' on simple concept like that of a lunch date and subsequent (SPOILER). In the world of SWM's short story workshops, this definitely would have been a contender!

ElF
The following user(s) said Thank You: castor

More
09 Oct 2015 03:08 #44489 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Awkward Lunch Date
cute little short story. And you broke the drought with a nice cool mist of goodness.

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
09 Oct 2015 03:59 #44492 by MisterK
Replied by MisterK on topic Awkward Lunch Date
Very cute. :)

More
09 Oct 2015 04:43 #44494 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Awkward Lunch Date
Ah, that's the stuff.

Just the right length for it's subject. Sets a nice light mood, sticks with it, and delivers at the end.

(I'm trying not to get MORE behind on the stories!)

More
09 Oct 2015 05:45 #44496 by AuGoose
Replied by AuGoose on topic Awkward Lunch Date
Its quite charming. :)

More
09 Oct 2015 14:44 #44499 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Awkward Lunch Date
I think that cute is the operative word here, the scene (sorry but at 690 words I don't dare call it a story) has a nice pace and delivers a very well balanced pay-off. My only hitch is that, at the end of it, I felt something is lacking and, taking things into perspective, I suspect that my problem is that there is little in the way of showing. We don't know much about these character in terms of appearence and body language. I feel that it's less noticeable on such a little than it is with a longer story, but it's a hitch sometimes need to be scratched.

More
09 Oct 2015 17:05 #44500 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Awkward Lunch Date
Thanks everyone

One of my goals in the story was to keep it as much dialogue as possible- i deliberately wanted to keep the details of the couple vague and just have it be talking until the end-hell the Lunch stuff is mainly from the title as they never specificy in the story itself what there doing.But I always like stories that acknowledge that Ubergirlness( or really any uberness) is kind of objectivly odd and silly and so are many of the tropes.

but glad for the good response. Honestly i wrote the first line of the story...surfed the web for about half an hour, and then half an hour after that published it. So it was a very quick writing process for this one-- but wanted to do a light cute story, and glad it was recived as such.

• castor
  • castor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
11 Oct 2015 00:20 #44526 by ong76win2
Replied by ong76win2 on topic Awkward Lunch Date
A great story! This is well written. Will there be a continuation to this story? Is it a stand alone story? Thanks

More
11 Oct 2015 01:04 #44528 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Awkward Lunch Date
Sometimes short, sweet and poignant is just perfect. I was smiling at the end. It works.

Shadar

castor wrote: Thanks everyone

One of my goals in the story was to keep it as much dialogue as possible- i deliberately wanted to keep the details of the couple vague and just have it be talking until the end-hell the Lunch stuff is mainly from the title as they never specificy in the story itself what there doing.But I always like stories that acknowledge that Ubergirlness( or really any uberness) is kind of objectivly odd and silly and so are many of the tropes.

but glad for the good response. Honestly i wrote the first line of the story...surfed the web for about half an hour, and then half an hour after that published it. So it was a very quick writing process for this one-- but wanted to do a light cute story, and glad it was recived as such.

The following user(s) said Thank You: kshoo

• shadar
More
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds