Amount

Baker's Dozen

08 Mar 2018 10:51 #58806 by The Highlander
Replied by The Highlander on topic Baker's Dozen
Sorry to hear about your pneumonia but glad to hear there's more coming. I've really enjoyed reading about all the different girls and can't wait to see who ends up gaining powers next.

One small thing I have been thinking about since this series stared, normally a baker's dozen is of course 13 rather than 12. I wonder is something special is going to happen once Bobby uses his 12th wish?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Mar 2018 11:50 #58807 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Baker's Dozen

The Highlander wrote: Sorry to hear about your pneumonia but glad to hear there's more coming. I've really enjoyed reading about all the different girls and can't wait to see who ends up gaining powers next.

One small thing I have been thinking about since this series stared, normally a baker's dozen is of course 13 rather than 12. I wonder is something special is going to happen once Bobby uses his 12th wish?

My guess is that the 13th wish will be something like: "This is your last chance to get things right, you can cancel all of your previous wishes at once. All or nothing." This would put Bobby in a pretty terrible spot especially if things are going to escalate as the last chapter seemed to imply.

(formerly Anon, still Librarian)

"What is the point of having free will if one cannot occasionally spit in the eye of destiny?" ("Gentleman" John Marcone)

• Woodclaw
  • Woodclaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Librarian
  • Librarian
More
09 Mar 2018 03:34 #58812 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Baker's Dozen

The Highlander wrote: One small thing I have been thinking about since this series stared, normally a baker's dozen is of course 13 rather than 12. I wonder is something special is going to happen once Bobby uses his 12th wish?

I've been wondering if anyone was going to bring this up.

My original idea for the story was to let Bobby have the traditional three wishes. He uses two of them to give Cindy and Megan super-powers, then finds himself caught in the middle of a Betty-and-Veronica rivalry over him:

But then I began to see lots of possibilities in the premise of a guy who can endow girls with super-powers just by wishing, so I upped the number of wishes to twelve. It seemed like a manageable number that would allow for plenty of variety. So when I was trying to come up with a title, I thought about phrases with the word "dozen" -- The Dirty Dozen, cheaper by the dozen ... then I hit on "baker's dozen," changed the guy's name to Bobby Baker, and sent in the first three chapters.

But the implication of that phrase didn't occur to me until later. My outline for the story has gone through a number of changes as the story itself has taken shape, but it's always involved twelve transformations.

Of course, if a thirteenth wish should come in handy, I have a justification for using it!

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395

• argonaut
  • Uberposter of Distinction
  • Uberposter of Distinction
More
09 Mar 2018 12:18 #58815 by The Highlander
Replied by The Highlander on topic Baker's Dozen

argonaut wrote:

The Highlander wrote: One small thing I have been thinking about since this series stared, normally a baker's dozen is of course 13 rather than 12. I wonder is something special is going to happen once Bobby uses his 12th wish?

I've been wondering if anyone was going to bring this up.

My original idea for the story was to let Bobby have the traditional three wishes. He uses two of them to give Cindy and Megan super-powers, then finds himself caught in the middle of a Betty-and-Veronica rivalry over him:

But then I began to see lots of possibilities in the premise of a guy who can endow girls with super-powers just by wishing, so I upped the number of wishes to twelve. It seemed like a manageable number that would allow for plenty of variety. So when I was trying to come up with a title, I thought about phrases with the word "dozen" -- The Dirty Dozen, cheaper by the dozen ... then I hit on "baker's dozen," changed the guy's name to Bobby Baker, and sent in the first three chapters.

But the implication of that phrase didn't occur to me until later. My outline for the story has gone through a number of changes as the story itself has taken shape, but it's always involved twelve transformations.

Of course, if a thirteenth wish should come in handy, I have a justification for using it!

How about if Bobby doesn't get to use the Thirteenth wish but it instead acts as a reward/punishment for his actions, perhaps based on some sort of moral dilemma in the last chapter? Something like deciding to wipe all the girls powers (and/or his relationship with Cindy) to prevent some catastrophe, and by showing he is willing to sacrifice his own happiness for others he is rewarded by getting his superhuman girlfriend back.

More
09 Mar 2018 16:24 #58817 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Baker's Dozen

argonaut wrote: My original idea for the story was to let Bobby have the traditional three wishes. He uses two of them to give Cindy and Megan super-powers, then finds himself caught in the middle of a Betty-and-Veronica rivalry over him:

Something's gonna give. My money is on Archie's shoulder sockets.

(formerly Anon, still Librarian)

"What is the point of having free will if one cannot occasionally spit in the eye of destiny?" ("Gentleman" John Marcone)

• Woodclaw
  • Woodclaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Librarian
  • Librarian
More
11 Mar 2018 06:36 #58828 by ace191
Replied by ace191 on topic Baker's Dozen
I had the conversation with Argo over a year ago I think about the 13 wishes and he said it was not part of the plan. He generally plots out the story completely and then starts writing. I too made the pitch about accidentally letting his sister get super powers but he said nothing doing but he was kind enough to do a dream chapter about it.

More
30 Apr 2018 12:34 #59326 by smoki07
Replied by smoki07 on topic Baker's Dozen
A message for Argo ;) ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xntxoEFsqfU

More
12 May 2018 02:30 #59452 by AuGoose
Replied by AuGoose on topic Baker's Dozen
Need more bagels... :) :silly: :)

And more ubergirl action. Maybe set some bagels out as bait for your Muse :).

More
12 May 2018 13:10 #59459 by smoki07
Replied by smoki07 on topic Baker's Dozen
Haha... it looks it's you bagel expert ! you know for sure how to set them as bait. give a try!

More
23 Nov 2018 05:46 #62124 by sandman19424
Replied by sandman19424 on topic Baker's Dozen
Hello

I wanted to ask if there has been any update as far as the next chapter, this is my favorite ongoing story on the site. I hope we get more soon thank you

More
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds