Amount

New Category - Patreon

23 Aug 2017 09:29 #55936 by fats
New Category - Patreon was created by fats
Hi all,

I've launched a new section of the forum for people to advertise their patreon or to make people aware of great patreon accounts that might interest users, please mark any NSFW accounts with the suffix [NSFW]

Thanks

Fats
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lulu, Gargamel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
05 Mar 2019 09:59 #63053 by tks
Replied by tks on topic New Category - Patreon
Hi Guys,

I would be interested to know what sort of content people might be interested so see on a patreon page.

It’s been something we’ve been considering for a while but would like to know what people might be interested in.

It would not replace our current movie offerings but would be a way to perhaps get some more content out there.

Would people be interested in Photosets? If so what kind?

Short Video Clips? If so what kind.

And what would people be willing to pay for a subscription and what expectation would you have? 

Interested to hear thoughts on this.

Also don’t forget to check out our new release.

https:// tksproductions.wordpress.com/2019/03/05/taurus-commissions-presents-the-session/
The following user(s) said Thank You: naimer

More
05 Mar 2019 13:11 - 05 Mar 2019 13:13 #63055 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic New Category - Patreon
"Would people be interested in Photosets? If so what kind?"
Yes.
Posed photos with Costumed Heroines or villains n glamour, cheesecake and action shots.
The featured heroine or villain must have a name. As should the actress even if it is just a stage name. (I have been asking this for years.)
I want to get to know these women.
No men in the pictures
No screen grabs

"Short Video Clips? If so what kind."
Sure.
Bloopers, behind the scenes and one off scripted videos of feats of strength or other action scenes.

"And what would people be willing to pay for a subscription and what expectation would you have?"
$10 a month with at least one photo set, not screen grabs, and one or two short videos.

"Interested to hear thoughts on this."
Right now I subscribed to two Patreon accounts
0ne to a cosplayer who delivers tons of content and bonuses. I started at the ten dollar level and after two years of great content and on time delivery I recently moved up to the $20 level.
I give to one other Patreon, not in this genre, at the $1 level. That is all he asks for.
I just don't give my money away.

I was a little disappointed in your crowdfunding campaign with the constant delays, lack of communication and a finished product not what I signed on for.
I hope this helps.
Last edit: 05 Mar 2019 13:13 by Markiehoe. Reason: format

More
05 Mar 2019 19:56 #63060 by naimer
Replied by naimer on topic New Category - Patreon
Short Video Clips? If so what kind.

Yes! Short clips displaying feats of strength would be a immediate join for me <3

More
06 Mar 2019 05:55 #63063 by willow
Replied by willow on topic New Category - Patreon
Just keep in mind that a Patreon account won't guarantee a steady stream in money. I am sure many people will signup, check out the account, cancel after a month, and then jump back in several months or a year later. This has been a reoccurring issue with websites that offer content with a monthly subscription in this community.

If you do something like this, then you should consider building up at least six months of content that can be released over time. This would give you a buffer. If life gets in the way and you cannot create content for the patrons during a particular week, then you are not short-changing everyone who feels their payments entitle them to a fresh batch of pictures, video, or other updates each week or month.

The behind the scenes and bloopers would be interesting. Discussions about how you go about filming or putting everything together could be interesting. Interviews with the actors and actresses could be interesting. However, I am not entirely sure how interesting this would be to a lot of people over a long period of time as a sole reason to join your patreon account..

I would recommend also including access to the latest video for subscribers at a cost level comparable to purchasing your average video. Anyone wishing to see past videos would still have to purchase them like they do now. However, patrons would get access to the latest video and extra content like those previously stated. Once a new video is created, it would replace the video made available through Patreon. This also encourages more long-term membership to your patreon account. As opposed to people just signing up for a month, download your entire library, and then cancel their account for year until they repeat this behavior again.

Regardless, just make sure to set clear expectations in the subscriber benefits. The "buy a video once released" model is pretty good at that by default. However, customers will quickly get cranky if they expect fresh content on a weekly basis and do not get it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395

More
06 Mar 2019 09:44 #63065 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic New Category - Patreon
To address joining, viewing and leaving to re join 6 months later.

I believe you are able to take down a post.

In other words post a photoshoot and video for March 2019.
Leave it up for one month or two then take it down.
Never to be seen again.
This rewards early subscribers and subscribers who are steady and stick around.
For the casual fan looking to play the system that's just to bad.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395

More
09 Mar 2019 10:13 #63113 by tks
Replied by tks on topic New Category - Patreon
Thanks Guys,

Lots of great food for thought here.

More
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds