Amount

Season 1 x 08 Spoilers and Discussion Hostile Takeover

02 Dec 2015 22:30 #45470 by five_red
KryptonSite has come up trumps again with some details on the 8th episode, and a gallery of pics.

www.kryptonsite.com/supergirl-episode-8-...ile-takeover-photos/

Kara goes toe-to-toe with Astra when her aunt challenges Kara’s beliefs about her mother. Also, Cat is threatened with being removed as the CEO of CatCo after a hacker exposes her private and damaging emails.

What we also know is...
Warning: Spoiler!

Here's an action packed pic:

R5

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: The Highlander, Monty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• five_red
  • five_red's Avatar Topic Author
More
09 Dec 2015 04:34 #45584 by lfan
Winter finale looks like a superpowered smackdown of epic proportions with Round 2 of Astra vs Supergirl! Can't wait!

Extended TV promo:

supergirl.dcentertainmentnews.com/video.cfm?vid=1943

More
09 Dec 2015 14:37 #45589 by andyf
Another homage to the Reeve Superman films: Kara facing 3 evil Kryptonians, like in Superman II.

More
09 Dec 2015 16:50 #45590 by algae2k
**sniff**sniff**

The voiceover guy said "
"... I'm not ready for that yet!

More
09 Dec 2015 21:23 #45596 by kikass2014
^ No worries :) We got another 12 episodes to look forward to in the new year :D

And totally agree with the homage to Christopher Reeves and Superman 2. There have been quite a few, especially in the pilot. And I LOVE IT :)

Peace.

/K

More
15 Dec 2015 04:34 #45663 by YAGS
Grr. Forum ate my last post, so now I need to remember all I said after watching this episode.

The fight between Supergirl and Astra was an improvement over round 1 earlier in the season, but I still didn't think it was amazing or anything. I do like how they're developing Astra and Alura's personalities. But with the alien attack at the end, why was there only one female alien along with all those men? Isn't this show supposed to be about strong women? I'll be curious to see what they were after at Lord's company, which I'm sure will be revealed next episode.

I like how the team came together to help Cat. And that Cat is starting to like Winn, in her own bitchy way. I was surprised Cat figured out Kara's secret so soon. I knew it was inevitable, but I figured they'd save it for at least season 2. During the conversation on the balcony, I was really expecting Cat to jump off the balcony and force Kara to catch her, like when Lois tried to expose Clark in Superman 2.

Now the question is what Cat will do with that information. We already know she won't publish it, because that would ruin the show, but she'll spend next episode debating it before making that decision. I can imagine the conversation now, with Cat telling Kara, "Lois Lane wouldn't hesitate if she found out a secret this big", and Kara responding, "Why don't you ask her?" (I'm just assuming Lois knows Clark's secret in this continuity). But since they probably aren't ready to introduce Lois on the show this early, I'm guessing it'll just be a conversation with James, instead.

All in all, a good episode, but still not great. The show's getting better, but I do have my doubts about how good it will ever be. At this point, I'm losing any optimism I had about it getting much better.

More
15 Dec 2015 04:57 - 15 Dec 2015 04:58 #45664 by Helstar
Ouch, that's a lot of collateral damage to that skyscraper ... and the people inside it ? ^^;
Last edit: 15 Dec 2015 04:58 by Helstar.

More
15 Dec 2015 12:06 #45666 by five_red

YAGS wrote: Now the question is what Cat will do with that information. We already know she won't publish it, because that would ruin the show, but she'll spend next episode debating it before making that decision.

Here's a few clues that might spoil the next couple of episodes...

Put two and two together... :)

R5
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monty

• five_red
  • five_red's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 Dec 2015 15:52 #45667 by KarkClent
Well, I don't think Cat would be dumb enough to expose Kara in that manner. She would lose all her chips in one go and knowing her, she would want to hold on to that card for as long as she can. Plus she is realizing that she would do a lot more harm to National City than good, and that future enemies would know to attack CatCo if they want to hurt Supergirl. After all, she is about protecting her assets and Supergirl is her biggest one. That being said, I want to express thanks to the producers and writers for finally exploiting the cliche trope for what it is!

Also, that scene where Kara confronts her mother has got to be one of the most emotional and heartwrenching scenes out of the entire season so far. While we love seeing superpowers on screen, that is the kind of scene that would draw mainstream viewers. Kudos to Melissa's acting ability for bringing this multi-faceted superheroine to life.

• KarkClent
  • [TO BE CONTINUED]
More
15 Dec 2015 19:55 #45670 by lfan
David Harewood in recent interviews has all but confirmed some of R5's speculation.....

E

five_red wrote:

YAGS wrote: Now the question is what Cat will do with that information. We already know she won't publish it, because that would ruin the show, but she'll spend next episode debating it before making that decision.

R5

More
15 Dec 2015 20:14 - 15 Dec 2015 20:17 #45671 by Monty

five_red wrote:

R5

Nice one R5! I was wondering how they would handle Cat's new knowledge. I was a bit gobsmacked about it when I read about that on last night's ep review over on SGTV. Should make for a good scene if 'Supergirl' turns up on the balcony in front of Kara and Cat!
Last edit: 15 Dec 2015 20:17 by Monty.

More
17 Dec 2015 05:15 #45701 by Monty
I can just imagine Cat's response upon seeing Supergirl alongside Kara; "oh, so are there two Supergirl 's? You never told me you had a twin sister, Kara" That will be when MM steps in with his mind-wiping abilities. Just a guess / hunch.

More
17 Dec 2015 10:14 #45702 by Markiehoe
I'm kinda sorry they addressed the "Elephant in the Room"
I love the "Secret Identity" trope in Superhero stories.
I am perfectly fine with a pair of glasses completely disguising a supertypes identity.
Worked for Superman in the 1950s, Wonder Woman in the 1970s and Suprgirl in the 20 teens.
At least for me it does.

More
19 Dec 2015 05:47 #45729 by shadar
One thing that bugged me was that the half a dozen aliens who fought at the end could fly, but based on the way they were fighting, several of them weren't Kryptonians.

That doesn't add up. Even in the DC Universe, there aren't a lot of aliens species who can fly, at least prior to the 30th century invention of flight rings (the Legion).

Shadar

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
19 Dec 2015 12:15 #45732 by kikass2014
^ Ah so it wasn't just me that felt that way :) When I saw them all flying in, I thought they were all Kryptonian too. Then they all had these different abilities and I was like "Hmm, is flying like a base power all aliens get when they come to Earth???" lol :P

A bit of a strange one I guess :)

Peace.

/K

More
20 Dec 2015 07:15 #45744 by YAGS
Not all of them were flying. The ones we saw fly in were definitely less than half of the invading aliens.

More
21 Dec 2015 03:11 #45752 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Season 1 x 08 Spoilers and Discussion Hostile Takeover

shadar wrote: One thing that bugged me was that the half a dozen aliens who fought at the end could fly, but based on the way they were fighting, several of them weren't Kryptonians.

That doesn't add up. Even in the DC Universe, there aren't a lot of aliens species who can fly, at least prior to the 30th century invention of flight rings (the Legion).

Shadar

I think all the aliens shown fighting & flying ARE Kryptonians.

Six aliens fly in. but you can see FOUR hit first, and shatter the glass. two more flying after that. Two of those are shown in the fight to be non-Kryptonian (a man who duplicates and a woman who spits some kind of gas). I suspect they were flying with the aid of some kind of device because they don't fly in combat. The other 4 I think are Kryptonian.

One gets taken out by Lord when he tries to use Heat Vision.

The ones that do fly in combat are wearing the black uniform with the Superman shield (with a different symbol in it, denoting a different house) and have the glowing blue device that seems to protect them from Kryptonite. They all use Heat Vision and demonstrate super strength, so that's a pretty good indicator that all of them are Kryptonian.

The non-Kryptonians are dressed differently and do not have the blue Anti-Kryptonite device on them.

So: six aliens total. 4 Kryptonian and 2 non-Kryptonians. The non-Kryptonians are only shown flying during the initial assault. That seems like there could be some combat device that allows that to happen, and it might not be much more than gliding. They do swoop in and land on a walk-way so they have some control.

More
21 Dec 2015 15:36 #45759 by shadar

TwiceOnThursdays wrote:

shadar wrote: One thing that bugged me was that the half a dozen aliens who fought at the end could fly, but based on the way they were fighting, several of them weren't Kryptonians.

Shadar

I think all the aliens shown fighting & flying ARE Kryptonians.

Six aliens fly in. but you can see FOUR hit first, and shatter the glass. two more flying after that. Two of those are shown in the fight to be non-Kryptonian (a man who duplicates and a woman who spits some kind of gas). I suspect they were flying with the aid of some kind of device because they don't fly in combat. The other 4 I think are Kryptonian.

One gets taken out by Lord when he tries to use Heat Vision.

The ones that do fly in combat are wearing the black uniform with the Superman shield (with a different symbol in it, denoting a different house) and have the glowing blue device that seems to protect them from Kryptonite. They all use Heat Vision and demonstrate super strength, so that's a pretty good indicator that all of them are Kryptonian.

The non-Kryptonians are dressed differently and do not have the blue Anti-Kryptonite device on them.

So: six aliens total. 4 Kryptonian and 2 non-Kryptonians. The non-Kryptonians are only shown flying during the initial assault. That seems like there could be some combat device that allows that to happen, and it might not be much more than gliding. They do swoop in and land on a walk-way so they have some control.

So all the bad guys can fly now... oh well. Probably something like the Legion flight ring of the 30th century.

Although in the first episodes, the bad guys could jump really good but not fly. I liked that better. As I see it, flying should be solely a Kryptonian power in the series.

Shadar

• shadar
More
22 Feb 2016 03:08 #46529 by Sarge395
The damage would have been massive. A kinetic missile the size of two humans through an occupied building. A DC/Marvel world would be very ugly indeed. I would bet there would be several TV shows just for the victims. Prepper shows dedicated to the growing mania for survival. It would get pretty ugly.

I am way behind in watching this show but watched 7 and 8 finally tonight.

I'm disappointed in the typical 'climate change' propaganda and 'white privilege comment.

Will still watch and love the show. Just would like to sit down for a change and watch something that isn't trying to push an agenda. Hmm, wonder why I don't pay for any TV anymore.

Loved how when Kara got angry she used her heat vision to try to fry the hologram.

• Sarge395
More
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds