Amount

Season 1 x 14 Spoilers and Discussions Truth, Justice--

03 Feb 2016 00:53 - 19 Feb 2016 23:49 #46300 by five_red
1.14 - Truth, Justice and the American Way press release

Supergirl does battle with the deadly Master Jailer (Jeff Branson), who is hunting and executing escaped Fort Rozz prisoners. Also, Cat hires a second assistant, Siobhan Smythe (Italia Ricci), who immediately tries to one-up Kara, and Kara and James disagree over the DEO’s methods, on SUPERGIRL, Monday, Feb. 22 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

REGULAR CAST:

Melissa Benoist (Kara Danvers/Supergirl)
Calista Flockhart (Cat Grant)
Chyler Leigh (Alex Danvers)
Mehcad Brooks (James Olsen)
David Harewood (Hank Henshaw)
Jeremy Jordan (Winslow “Winn” Schott)

RECURRING CAST:

Peter Facinelli (Maxwell Lord)
Laura Benani (Alura/Astra)
Chris Vance (Non)
Jenna Dewan-Tatum (Lucy Lane)
Briana Venskus (Agent Vasquez)

GUEST CAST:

Italia Ricci (Siobhan Smythe)
Jeff Branson (Master Jailer/Draper)
Todd Sherry (Professor Luzano)
Blake Berris (Gabriel Phillips)
Jacqueline Grace Lopez (Brooke)
Ray Campbell (Jim Warren)

STORY BY: Michael Grassi

TELEPLAY BY: Yahlin Chang and Caitlin Parrish

BASED ON: The Characters Appearing in the DC Comics

DIRECTED BY: Lexi Alexander

EDIT #1: Kryptonsite has promo pics .

EDIT #2:

EDIT #3:

Last edit: 19 Feb 2016 23:49 by five_red.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• five_red
  • five_red's Avatar Topic Author
More
19 Feb 2016 23:05 #46499 by SupergirlTV
Check out these three sneak peeks at Monday's episode here: www.supergirl.tv/3-sneak-peeks-of-episode-14

More
20 Feb 2016 00:36 #46507 by fats

five_red wrote: 1.14 - Truth, Justice and the American Way press release

Supergirl does battle with the deadly Master Jailer (Jeff Branson), who is hunting and executing escaped Fort Rozz prisoners. Also, Cat hires a second assistant, Siobhan Smythe (Italia Ricci), who immediately tries to one-up Kara, and Kara and James disagree over the DEO’s methods, on SUPERGIRL, Monday, Feb. 22 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

REGULAR CAST:

Melissa Benoist (Kara Danvers/Supergirl)
Calista Flockhart (Cat Grant)
Chyler Leigh (Alex Danvers)
Mehcad Brooks (James Olsen)
David Harewood (Hank Henshaw)
Jeremy Jordan (Winslow “Winn” Schott)

RECURRING CAST:

Peter Facinelli (Maxwell Lord)
Laura Benani (Alura/Astra)
Chris Vance (Non)
Jenna Dewan-Tatum (Lucy Lane)
Briana Venskus (Agent Vasquez)

GUEST CAST:

Italia Ricci (Siobhan Smythe)
Jeff Branson (Master Jailer/Draper)
Todd Sherry (Professor Luzano)
Blake Berris (Gabriel Phillips)
Jacqueline Grace Lopez (Brooke)
Ray Campbell (Jim Warren)

STORY BY: Michael Grassi

TELEPLAY BY: Yahlin Chang and Caitlin Parrish

BASED ON: The Characters Appearing in the DC Comics

DIRECTED BY: Lexi Alexander

EDIT #1: Kryptonsite has promo pics .

EDIT #2:

EDIT #3:

Very nice vid clips.

Fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
22 Feb 2016 19:00 #46532 by SupergirlTV
Italia Ricci talked about her experiences as Silver Banshee and joining the established cast of Supergirl: www.supergirl.tv/italia-ricci-talks-siobhan-smythe

More
22 Feb 2016 20:00 #46533 by SupergirlTV
Two more sneak peeks were released just 5 hours before tonight's episode! www.supergirl.tv/sneak-peeks-4-5-from-ep-14
The following user(s) said Thank You: jyache

More
23 Feb 2016 17:03 #46545 by Markiehoe
Well I kinda liked this episode.
They addressed the illegal detention topic and resolved it and didn't.
Kind of a cop out.
Max gets released but the other Fort Ras prisoners are still detained.
Hmmmm....

More
23 Feb 2016 20:03 #46547 by jnw550
Nice Lobo Easter egg.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan

More
24 Feb 2016 05:02 - 24 Feb 2016 05:03 #46549 by YAGS
Yeah, I was wondering if they were referencing Lobo there. I actually kinda hope he does show up eventually. That could be entertaining, if done well, though I don't have much faith in it being done well.

Fridge logic moment of the week: They figured out which former Fort Rozz prisoner would be targeted next by Master Jailer, which makes sense, but how did they immediately know where to find him? And for that matter, they never really explained how Master Jailer was tracking them down in numeric order. Having police contacts from pretending to be a human cop would help, but wouldn't he just go after whichever alien he can find? How was he finding them in exact numeric order?
Last edit: 24 Feb 2016 05:03 by YAGS.

More
24 Feb 2016 14:54 #46551 by jdrock24
This episode was a step down from the last one. However, it did have it's good moments.

The first fight between SG and The Master Jailer was done well. Although I don't know why SG kept on trying to fly away causing the MJ to grab her with a chain around her ankles and then drag her back. I think that happened three times in that fight. I would have also like to have seen how the MJ caught her and caged her at the ambush. It was edited out.

Glad they finally came to their senses and released Maxwell Lord. I found that entire plot line kind of silly. Another thing I find silly is the "Who really killed Astra?" line. Does it really matter? Clearly Kara is going to find out eventually. I just don't see it as that big of a deal. Astra was a renegade Kryptonian General hell bent on taking over earth. In my view, Kara was not going to switch her to the good side. I also wonder if she'll be back from the dead somehow?

More
24 Feb 2016 16:33 #46554 by Markiehoe
I also liked Supergirl's first fight with MasterJailer.
I thought the chains were really cool and added an interesting dynamic to the fight.
The bondage element is an old trope that never seems to get tired.
I kinda dug it.
The scene when she had enough and burned the chains away made a pretty cool statement.

More
26 Feb 2016 19:36 #46590 by shadar
Probably the most significant concept in this episode was that James has fully embraced the standard archetype of Mentor. Or sometimes called the Conscience. The one who helps keep the Protagonist grounded. Every story needs one.

I also thought it was interesting when Lucy gave James hell for his closeness to Supergirl. Clearly Lucy has some issues due to James closeness with Superman, and even more with Supergirl. She asks if his relationship with SG is stronger than with Him, and based on his non response, decides that's true. I heard an echo of Lucy's father's earlier condemnation of James as a man who lives off the fame of others. Saying he's nothing beyond for his relationship with Superman. Except Lucy will have additional jealousies. Kara obviously does not want Lucy brought into the know about her dual identity.

I wonder if this is the wedge that will push Lucy back closer to her father and ultimately to her fate as Superwoman? Clearly Lucy has a bigger role yet to play, and Superwoman (per the comics) was an ambiguous character working for the General. Supergirl eventually killed her (albeit accidentally). Maybe the show will go there, which will introduce a huge tension between James and Kara.

Also like the growing tension that's been established and reinforced at the end regarding Astra's death. Alex wants to tell Kara the truth, but now that Kara refuses to work with Hank because she believes he killed Astra (and rejects his explanation, stating that there is ALWAYS another way), the cost of Alex revealing that she actually killed Astra would be devastating.

Secrets that the audience knows but the Protagonist doesn't know are always such fun. (Given we all know it will come out someday, and the cost of maintaining the lie might be worse for their relationship than the original act.)

I'm starting to warm to the storytelling...

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
07 Mar 2016 04:55 #46695 by ArgentDragon

jnw550 wrote: Nice Lobo Easter egg.

The other Easter Egg that seems to have slipped past...

Kara: "I thought masks were worn in that other city..."

Since the Arrow/Flash-verse is a separate universe, is Kara talking about Gotham City? And thereby hinting at a possible Supergirl/Batgirl teamup?

More
07 Mar 2016 11:40 #46696 by Woodclaw

ArgentDragon wrote:

Since the Arrow/Flash-verse is a separate universe, is Kara talking about Gotham City? And thereby hinting at a possible Supergirl/Batgirl teamup?

I think this remains to be seem, the upcoming crossover episode might change this perception.

More
07 Mar 2016 18:49 #46705 by ArgentDragon

Woodclaw wrote:

ArgentDragon wrote:

I think this remains to be seem, the upcoming crossover episode might change this perception.

We will see. Considering that we see Kara in the glimpses of other Earths when Barry, Wells, and Cisco are traveling to Earth-2, I think that the Kara-verse and the Arrow/Flash-verse are going to be separate.

Then again, we already know that there's a Gotham/Wayne Enterprises and an Oracle in the Arrow/Flash-verse. It all depends on how far Greg Berlanti wants to go with a retcon regarding Barry being the first metahuman and there hasn't been 10+ years of Superman acting publicly in the Kara-verse. Separate Universes is the easiest answer.

More
07 Mar 2016 20:17 #46709 by Woodclaw

ArgentDragon wrote: We will see. Considering that we see Kara in the glimpses of other Earths when Barry, Wells, and Cisco are traveling to Earth-2, I think that the Kara-verse and the Arrow/Flash-verse are going to be separate.

Then again, we already know that there's a Gotham/Wayne Enterprises and an Oracle in the Arrow/Flash-verse. It all depends on how far Greg Berlanti wants to go with a retcon regarding Barry being the first metahuman and there hasn't been 10+ years of Superman acting publicly in the Kara-verse. Separate Universes is the easiest answer.

Al true, but since there were also some glimpses of Arrow's episodes in the wormhole, I think that the writers are currently trying to keep as many doors open as possible.

More
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds