Amount

Season 1 x 15 Spoilers and Discussions Solitude

12 Feb 2016 00:44 - 27 Feb 2016 15:28 #46417 by five_red
www.kryptonsite.com/supergirl-solitude-d...-the-shows-fortress/

Kara travels to Superman’s Fortress of Solitude in hopes of learning how to defeat Indigo (Laura Vandervoort), a dangerous being who can transport via the Internet and who has a connection to Kara’s past. Also, James’s relationship with Lucy reaches a crossroads.

Warning: Spoiler!

Recurring guests appearing in “Solitude” include Jenna Dewan-Tatum (Lucy Lane), Chris Vance (Non), Italia Ricci (Siobhan Smythe), Briana Venskus (Agent Vasquez), and Jay Jackson (News Anchor).

Additional guest stars include Laura Vandervoort (Indigo), Patrick O’Connell (General Mathers), Kelly Chavers (Girlfriend), Ruben Vernier (Boyfriend), Sebastian Velmont (Silo Guard #1), Nick Jaine (Guy #1), Carly Nykanen (Woman), and Michael Hanson (Guy#2).

The “Solitude” story is by Rachel Shukert and the eleplay is by Anna Musky-Goldwyn and James DeWille. The episode is directed by Dermott Downs.

Edit #1
Spoiler TV has photos galore:
www.spoilertv.com/2016/02/supergirl-episode-115-solitude.html

Edit #2 videos...

Edit #4 videos...

R5

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 27 Feb 2016 15:28 by five_red.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• five_red
  • five_red's Avatar Topic Author
More
19 Feb 2016 23:06 #46500 by SupergirlTV
Replied by SupergirlTV on topic Season 1 x 15 Spoilers and Discussions Solitude
Get a better look at the fortress of solitude in these 5 preview photos www.supergirl.tv/episode-15-preview-photos

More
20 Feb 2016 00:35 #46506 by fats

five_red wrote: www.kryptonsite.com/supergirl-solitude-d...-the-shows-fortress/

Kara travels to Superman’s Fortress of Solitude in hopes of learning how to defeat Indigo (Laura Vandervoort), a dangerous being who can transport via the Internet and who has a connection to Kara’s past. Also, James’s relationship with Lucy reaches a crossroads.

Recurring guests appearing in “Solitude” include Jenna Dewan-Tatum (Lucy Lane), Chris Vance (Non), Italia Ricci (Siobhan Smythe), Briana Venskus (Agent Vasquez), and Jay Jackson (News Anchor).

Additional guest stars include Laura Vandervoort (Indigo), Patrick O’Connell (General Mathers), Kelly Chavers (Girlfriend), Ruben Vernier (Boyfriend), Sebastian Velmont (Silo Guard #1), Nick Jaine (Guy #1), Carly Nykanen (Woman), and Michael Hanson (Guy#2).

The “Solitude” story is by Rachel Shukert and the eleplay is by Anna Musky-Goldwyn and James DeWille. The episode is directed by Dermott Downs.

Edit #1
Spoiler TV has photos galore:
www.spoilertv.com/2016/02/supergirl-episode-115-solitude.html

R5

nice pic

fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
20 Feb 2016 01:05 #46508 by SupergirlTV
Is this Laura Vandervoort as Indigo? Check out our photo evidence and judge fr yourself: www.supergirl.tv/is-this-laura-vandervoort-s-indigo

More
23 Feb 2016 04:29 #46537 by SupergirlTV
Here's the preview for Episode 15 including our first good look at Laura Vandervoort as Indigo.

www.supergirl.tv/solitude-preview-more-indigo

This message has attachments images.

More
24 Feb 2016 18:53 #46559 by SupergirlTV
More definitive photos of Laura Vandervoort's Indigo released:

www.supergirl.tv/definitive-photos-of-indigo-s-look

This message has an attachment image.

More
24 Feb 2016 20:02 - 24 Feb 2016 20:04 #46560 by fats
here are some more pics

fats

Last edit: 24 Feb 2016 20:04 by fats.

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
24 Feb 2016 22:32 - 24 Feb 2016 22:32 #46563 by Woodclaw

fats wrote:

Scene looks pretty great, but this last picture weirds me out a little. Perhaps it's because I keep seeing LvV as another Smallville's Supergirl, so my brain keep crossing wires.
Last edit: 24 Feb 2016 22:32 by Woodclaw.

More
25 Feb 2016 20:10 #46578 by fats
to think that there is only 4 years between LvV and MB, in the promo shots MB looks older and i know i'm going to get hell for this but she also looks fatter.

Fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
25 Feb 2016 22:15 #46580 by Woodclaw

fats wrote: to think that there is only 4 years between LvV and MB, in the promo shots MB looks older and i know i'm going to get hell for this but she also looks fatter.

Fats

She's not fat, there's just more Supergirl to love :P

Okay, being serious, I agree that in that picture LvV surely looks a lot skinnier, but I don't think I would ever call MB fat.

More
26 Feb 2016 10:46 - 26 Feb 2016 11:04 #46586 by five_red
To be fair, the Supergirl costume isn't designed to be skin tight. There's apparently a lot of layers under that leotard, including the corset that holds her cape in position.

EDIT: Talking of costume details... has anyone noticed anything unusual about the way Melissa is wearing the costume in the above shot?

Clue: right arm.

R5
Last edit: 26 Feb 2016 11:04 by five_red.

• five_red
  • five_red's Avatar Topic Author
More
28 Feb 2016 16:26 #46602 by fats
Some Sneek Peeks

Fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
01 Mar 2016 03:38 #46617 by SupergirlTV
Check out this 5hours of make up video compressed down to 56 seconds of Laura Vandervoort's transformation into Indigo

www.supergirl.tv/vandervoort-s-transition-to-indigo
The following user(s) said Thank You: jyache

More
01 Mar 2016 04:53 - 01 Mar 2016 04:57 #46620 by YAGS
Pretty good episode.

I like that they gave Siobhan more depth, and I'm curious to see what happens with her and Winn. I tend to avoid spoilers in advance, so I'm not sure how long we have before she makes the obvious transition and becomes a supervillain. Now they've got me wondering if Winn might talk her down instead of Supergirl having to beat her physically.

The other character moments, with James and Lucy, and Alex's confession to Kara, worked pretty well, too. Interesting that Lucy realized James and Kara are so close, without realizing Kara's big secret.

I liked the Fortress of Solitude, and the fact that there's a Legion flight ring. Continuity error, though: Alex told Kara about the fortress since she became Supergirl, so her comments about Clark having invited her don't make sense in that context. I liked the key to get in, too.

And no obvious fridge logic moment jumped out at me, for once. Closest thing is Winn learning to program in an alien language that fast, and being able to adapt a computer virus to work on it that quickly. Completely unrealistic, but in more of a bad sci-fi way than an outright bad logic way.
Last edit: 01 Mar 2016 04:57 by YAGS.

More
01 Mar 2016 16:18 - 01 Mar 2016 16:19 #46623 by kikass2014
Replied by kikass2014 on topic Season 1 x 15 Spoilers and Discussions Solitude
Really good episode, enjoyed it very much.

Man Laura is still hot, even under tons of blue make-up :P Great touches throughout; the Legion-ring and the original (if I remember right) way to enter the Fortress of Solitude was nerd gold to me. Oh and the "glorified Vista" reference :D

Best scene for me by far however, was that confession scene at the end. One of the best individual scenes of the whole series imo.

Look forward to seeing Kara go "bad" in the next episode :)

Peace.

/K
Last edit: 01 Mar 2016 16:19 by kikass2014.

More
01 Mar 2016 19:47 #46624 by KarkClent
Replied by KarkClent on topic Season 1 x 15 Spoilers and Discussions Solitude
Also, we got a slight estimation of how strong Kara really is by wielding the key as if it was a cardboard package. She made a few quintillion tons of condensed dwarf stars look so easy.

• KarkClent
  • [TO BE CONTINUED]
More
02 Mar 2016 04:11 #46628 by YAGS
Ok, I must have been tired when I watched this last night, because I missed the bit about the key being made of condensed dwarf stars. If it really weighed as much as a star, even the smallest star in the galaxy, then it would have significantly more mass than the entire planet Earth. That means its gravity would destroy the Earth as we know it. That's a whole new level of bad science.

More
02 Mar 2016 12:28 #46631 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Season 1 x 15 Spoilers and Discussions Solitude
Besides going to the Fortress of Solitude what was the reason for going?
Wouldn't this info been more easily and freely available from Supergirl's hologram Mom?

More
02 Mar 2016 14:00 #46632 by shadar
Seeing Laura beside MB was a torture. Laura is so incredibly fit and slender and utterly fantastic. As always she exudes a powerful physicality that is believable for a superhuman. She knows how to move her body in ways that communicate power. She's gotten better and better over the years.

MB is best as Kara in her civvies, but looks poorly dressed and unconvincing as SG.

I've been trying to ignore that and take the show for its merits up to now, but after seeing the two of them side-by-side, there was no way to ignore it any longer.

Some of Laura's views from behind were jaw dropping. She's really kept herself in extraordinary shape. Her extra height also helps. She looks convincing in her blue costume.

MB looks like an average cosplayer in a slightly ill-fitting costume when she tries to do her SG thing. Some of the facial shots as her as SG work, but otherwise, this episode has convinced me that she doesn't have the physicality the role requires.

Except as Kara Danvers, where she is quite charming.

Given she can't play SG these days, we need Laura to play Powergirl. They aren't going down the whole "oversized boobs hanging out thing" on TV anyway. Just put her in one of PG's skintight costumes and she'll knock it out of the ballpark. PG has always been more physical than SG anyway..

So yeah, this episode was good. but also painful to watch until I tried to imagine the potential for Laura as PG. Don't have any good picts of that, but here's a reminder of the potential:

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
02 Mar 2016 14:46 #46633 by YAGS

Markiehoe wrote: Besides going to the Fortress of Solitude what was the reason for going?
Wouldn't this info been more easily and freely available from Supergirl's hologram Mom?

She was intentionally avoiding the DEO, which is where that hologram is kept.

As for Shadar's comment, it reminds me of a comment I made months ago, probably in my comments on the pilot episode. I think Melissa does a good job with the role she's given, but I'm not convinced that role is really Supergirl. She makes a perfectly adorkable and likeable twenty-something office worker. But as Supergirl, she just doesn't quite work for me.

More
02 Mar 2016 17:59 #46639 by Monty

shadar wrote: Seeing Laura beside MB was a torture. Laura is so incredibly fit and slender and utterly fantastic. As always she exudes a powerful physicality that is believable for a superhuman. She knows how to move her body in ways that communicate power. She's gotten better and better over the years.

MB is best as Kara in her civvies, but looks poorly dressed and unconvincing as SG.

I've been trying to ignore that and take the show for its merits up to now, but after seeing the two of them side-by-side, there was no way to ignore it any longer.

Some of Laura's views from behind were jaw dropping. She's really kept herself in extraordinary shape. Her extra height also helps. She looks convincing in her blue costume.

MB looks like an average cosplayer in a slightly ill-fitting costume when she tries to do her SG thing. Some of the facial shots as her as SG work, but otherwise, this episode has convinced me that she doesn't have the physicality the role requires.

Except as Kara Danvers, where she is quite charming.

Given she can't play SG these days, we need Laura to play Powergirl. They aren't going down the whole "oversized boobs hanging out thing" on TV anyway. Just put her in one of PG's skintight costumes and she'll knock it out of the ballpark. PG has always been more physical than SG anyway..

So yeah, this episode was good. but also painful to watch until I tried to imagine the potential for Laura as PG. Don't have any good picts of that, but here's a reminder

You are so God damn right Shadar!

More
02 Mar 2016 18:37 - 02 Mar 2016 18:40 #46640 by kikass2014
I don't know tbh. I think Laura is certainly the more physically attractive woman of the two, and her extra height does give her slightly more presence. However I, personally, never had a problem with Melissa in her Supergirl outfit. Best way I can express it that Meliss LOOKS like a "Supergirl" to me, whereas Laura looks/would look more like a "SuperMODEL-in-a-Supergirl-outfit".

Laura as Powergirl would certainly rock. Would LOVE to see that :)

Peace.

/K
Last edit: 02 Mar 2016 18:40 by kikass2014.

More
02 Mar 2016 21:32 #46644 by shadar

kikass2014 wrote: I don't know tbh. I think Laura is certainly the more physically attractive woman of the two, and her extra height does give her slightly more presence. However I, personally, never had a problem with Melissa in her Supergirl outfit. Best way I can express it that Meliss LOOKS like a "Supergirl" to me, whereas Laura looks/would look more like a "SuperMODEL-in-a-Supergirl-outfit".

Laura as Powergirl would certainly rock. Would LOVE to see that :)

Peace.

/K

You don't see fashion supermodels as fit as Laura. They tend to be bonier and leaner. Laura is sleek and tight and she carries a lot more muscle. But the big thing is that she knows how to move like a warrior.

Probably all her martial arts training.

When you compare how she looks now to how she looked a few years ago (say during filming of Into the Blue 2), she's mostly just put on muscle, yet without any suggestion of bulk. Good genes and a good workout program.

• shadar
More
03 Mar 2016 11:25 #46648 by kikass2014
Totally understand what you are saying. However I just want to say I didn't mean Laura would LITERALLY be/is a "supermodel" .

Peace.

/K

More
03 Mar 2016 21:11 - 03 Mar 2016 21:12 #46655 by jdrock24
Finally got a chance to watch this episode yesterday.

The "confession" scene at the end was well acted even though I felt that whole plot was kind of silly. Oh well, at least it is resolved...

Laura Vanderoot was good as the villain and I'm still genuinely curious what Myriad is and what it does.

I also liked her stopping the missile. That was pretty good action. Plus the fact that she could lift the key to the FOS was a pretty good hint of her actual strength. That's the thing about this show though, sometimes they show her as this unstoppable, super powerful girl that can do practically anything and then others she is this weak newbie who can't do anything. Take the power of super strength. So she can lift an ungodly amount of "condensed dwarf star" weight but has trouble holding up a concrete pillar in the "Reactron" episode when it was about to fall on Wynn?

I don't know, I know it is all suspension of disbelief and all that and I should learn to just enjoy the show and go with it. However, the glaring inconsistencies in the writing kind of get on my nerves (like someone mentioned the FOS being brought up in an earlier episode.).
Last edit: 03 Mar 2016 21:12 by jdrock24.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shadar

More
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds