Amount

Season 1 x 17 Spoilers and Discussions Manhunter

08 Mar 2016 10:53 - 18 Mar 2016 22:51 #46715 by five_red
www.spoilertv.com/2016/03/supergirl-epis...manhunter-press.html

“Manhunter” – J’onn J’onzz reveals the details of meeting Kara and Alex’s father, Dr. Jeremiah Danvers (Dean Cain), and assuming Hank Henshaw’s identity. Also, Kara debates trusting someone new with her secret identity and Siobhan (Italia Ricci) plots against Kara, on SUPERGIRL, Monday, March 21 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: How did J’onn J’onnz come to take Hank’s identity? The #MartianManhunter’s story revealed! #Supergirl 3/31 8pm ET/PT bit.ly/1UO29fd

REGULAR CAST:

Melissa Benoist (Kara Danvers/Supergirl)
Calista Flockhart (Cat Grant)
Chyler Leigh (Alex Danvers)
Mehcad Brooks (James Olsen)
David Harewood (Hank Henshaw)
Jeremy Jordan (Winslow “Winn” Schott)

RECURRING CAST:

Jenna Dewan-Tatum (Lucy Lane)
Dean Cain (Dr. Jeremiah Danvers)
Italia Ricci (Siobhan Smythe)
Briana Venskus (Agent Vasquez)
Jay Jackson (News Anchor)
Malina Weissman (Young Kara)
Jordan Mazarati (Young Alex)

GUEST CAST:

Eddie McClintock (Col. James Harper)
Daniel Josev (DEO Agent #2)
Vincent Giovanni (Police Officer)
Maisie Klompus (Cat’s Assistant)
Angela Martinez (Field News Reporter)
Zayne Emory (Rick Malverne)
Mackenzie Brooke Smith (Female Student #1)
Jaiden Jiron (Female Student #2)

STORY BY: Derek Simon
TELEPLAY BY: Cindy Lichtman and Rachel Shukert
BASED ON: The Characters Appearing in the DC Comics
DIRECTED BY: Chris Fisher

Zayne Emory returns as Rick Malverne. He's the guy who walked out on Kara mid-way through their blind date (in the pilot episode.) Interesting..!

EDIT #1: We now have pics, thanks to Kryptonsite.com
www.kryptonsite.com/supergirl-manhunter-...otos-with-dean-cain/
Warning: Spoiler!

EDIT #2: SpoilerTV.com just put up a sneak peek:
Spoilertv.com

EDIT #3: More sneak peeks:

R5

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 18 Mar 2016 22:51 by five_red.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fats

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• five_red
  • five_red's Avatar Topic Author
More
08 Mar 2016 15:38 - 08 Mar 2016 15:39 #46719 by lfan
Hmm.....guest starring Eddie McClintock as Colonel James Harper? Could "The Guardian " be close behind?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guardian_%28DC_Comics%29

ElF
Last edit: 08 Mar 2016 15:39 by lfan.

More
08 Mar 2016 19:20 #46730 by ace191
In the Silver Age his name was Dick, Not Rick.

More
18 Mar 2016 22:51 #46839 by fats
cool sneak peek vids R5

Fats
The following user(s) said Thank You: five_red

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
22 Mar 2016 03:28 #46874 by YAGS
Interesting episode. Lots of back story and unexpected twists.

They even addressed one of the common "fridge logic" complaints from the pilot episode (why did Kara wear glasses before becoming Supergirl), using an answer that was previously suggested on these forums. I'm assuming they didn't think to address that until after people pointed out that flaw in the pilot. I'm just wondering if anyone involved in the show comes here and decided to run with the suggestion they saw here in our forums.

Definitely a different type of episode for this show, in that it was all about advancing the ongoing storylines and didn't have a main story that wrapped up in the single episode. It's pretty obvious where they're going with Siobhan, though I'd like an explanation as to where her unexpected superpower came from.

More
22 Mar 2016 09:56 #46879 by fats

YAGS wrote: I'm just wondering if anyone involved in the show comes here and decided to run with the suggestion they saw here in our forums.

that's a possibility

Fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
22 Mar 2016 12:19 #46883 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Season 1 x 17 Spoilers and Discussions Manhunter
This episode was a great example of why I avoid all pre press for Supergirl, and most other shows and movies I intend to watch.
I went into this episode with my eyes open and no preconceptions.
It was cool to see Dean Cain.
I had no idea he would be in this one via flashback.
Also little Cara performing her first superhuman acts saving that family was another pleasent surprise.

I could not resist looking at the stills from next weeks episode so bad on me.

Right now I am in Captain America lockdown.
I skip all news articles and media posts about that film.
I want to see it unfold once for the first time.

I am not sold on B v S so I do watch the stuff coming from those guys.

More
22 Mar 2016 12:48 #46884 by lfan
I thought it was a solid episode. Well done with the flashbacks, and it was great to see the young Alex/Kara dynamic at an early age. Young Kara's first rescue I thought was really well choreographed (though I'm skeptical of a car door flying at Alex from an explosion just giving her stitches). Still, the flashback scenes were neat to give use more of a glimpse of Kara's past. And nice shoutout to "Rick Malverine", Kara's date from the pilot, who was also was in the flashbacks as Alex's young school friend! Supergirl has been great with the homage's but this was an homage to itself! :)

Minimal WTH moments with the writing as well, as it seems they've gotten better at plugging the holes and inconsistencies. I only took umbrage with Lucy somehow knowing that Alex was lying and then Harper believing her without question, eventhough the lie detector said she was telling the truth. Hmm.....

I really like Siobhan as a villain for Kara, and I'm almost sad to see her moving to supervillain status for Supergirl, but it will be interesting to see how that goes and what her "origin" is. I am, of course, assuming they'll SOMEHOW explain her inexplicable scream at the end of the episode. :P

With Project Cadmus introduction (and Lucy's appointment), they've practically paved the way for Superwoman for next season, so I would be surprised if they didn't do anything with that. Although......with Alex's capture and her subsequent fugitivism(?) with MM, was I the only one thinking they might be setting Alex up for becoming SW. I mean, they've mentioned the "jealous of my powers" and "not being special" in two episodes in a row now. With Dad now apparently at Cadmus, seems like they are teeing it up for something big for the Season 1 finale.....

ElF

More
22 Mar 2016 13:30 - 22 Mar 2016 15:44 #46887 by fats
a pair of nice BTS pics

fats

This message has attachments images.

Last edit: 22 Mar 2016 15:44 by fats. Reason: to add another pic and a higher quality one
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, Markiehoe

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
22 Mar 2016 13:55 #46888 by kikass2014
Replied by kikass2014 on topic Season 1 x 17 Spoilers and Discussions Manhunter
I gotta agree with whats been said here. Really good episode and a nice change of pace.

Was great to see a lot of world-building and advancement of some of the narrative strands, and I too am really interested in seeing where they go with Hank and Alex. I like the idea of Alex becoming SW as someone posited :)

Solid acting from all the main characters, especially from Alex and Hank. Really love the combination/chemistry they have as a team :)

The end of the season is shaping up quite nicely, with the fact that Jeremiah being alive and Project Cademus, things look really interesting (especially with the knowledge that Season 2 is set to follow).

Like Lfan mentioned, I too would like to know the origin of Siobahn "scream" at the end :) Unless that was some seriously potent whiskey she was drinking :D

Peace.

/K

P.S. That is a lovey photo of Jenna. Tnx Fats :)

More
22 Mar 2016 22:28 #46893 by andyf
Jeremy Jordan, who plays Winn, said on his Twitter page that the flashback scenes with young Kara and Alex were cut from the pilot

More
23 Mar 2016 03:38 #46900 by castor

andyf wrote: Jeremy Jordan, who plays Winn, said on his Twitter page that the flashback scenes with young Kara and Alex were cut from the pilot

That kinda makes sence. As been pointed out they Got Dean Cain for the pilot..and hes in it for like 5 seconds as a glorifed extra.

It also may have fixed some of the problems with the pilot that being that we are more or less told her origins when you could have...ahh well not to rehase it.

This episode did at least avoid one of the common problems with the series in that this was the first time where they didn't end it with a big fight with another superdude- and that did work for it. As i have said i think maybe the biggest problem with the show as a hole, and i liked how they managed to craft a compelling narative that really worked in two time streams keeping humans as the villians.

Everyone did good work-and they found a good use for Lucy that wasn't third wheel in a love triangle. I liked how haywood got to play a diffrent character more or less playing the same character.Mellisa always does good work and really was well acted and well paced.

But yeah i hope they take a look at the sucess of this episode and think about it more next year.

More
23 Mar 2016 03:56 #46901 by andyf
Malina Weissman ,the actress who plays young Kara,is a NYC based 11 year old actressmodel. She'scast as thelead female role in a new Netfix series filming now. She might not be available for season 2

More
25 Mar 2016 22:24 #46960 by fats
Possible avatar

fats

This message has an attachment image.

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds