Amount

Season 1 x 18 Spoilers and Discussions Worlds Finest

05 Apr 2016 02:36 - 05 Apr 2016 02:37 #47174 by castor

jdrock24 wrote:
Because of the wife and kids, I'll still be watching this show and I'm genuinely interested to see what Myriad is and what it does. I just need to get the bad taste of this episode out of my mouth.

See where your comming Jrock but will give a quick summary.

Quick review of the show typical month

Week 1: This show is not very good, to quickly and to slow at the same time, and terrible action. I am going to stop watching it all together

Week 2: This show is okay, Benoist is really good, and she has great momments, but the plots not very good..

Week 3: Same as week 2, but Calista Flockheart is charming, and the other cast is okay Pity the villians are flat as paste.

Week 4: This maybe the best show on television.

(for the record, i think this was week 3 for me)
Last edit: 05 Apr 2016 02:37 by castor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• castor
  • Uberposter of Distinction
More
05 Apr 2016 16:27 #47178 by jdrock24
I think I just figured something out. This season, I've really enjoyed the episodes where the Kara/Jimmy romance was toned down or outright negated as part of the plot. Whereas, the episodes where it is in my face (like this one) have been among my least favorite. I know they are trying to attract the female demographic with this plot line and I figured before the show ever started they were going to do something like that. Still, as a guy, I find it boring and it really takes me out of the episode because I just find myself rolling my eyes. at it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe

More
05 Apr 2016 16:43 #47179 by Markiehoe
If James/ Jimmy would just disappear I would not miss him.

Story wise they can never get together. so whats the point?
The following user(s) said Thank You: jdrock24

• Markiehoe
More
08 Apr 2016 15:02 #47205 by kikass2014
I have to agree JD. The James/Kara thing does nothing for me. I have zero interest in whether they get together or not.

And like you say, the best episodes are the ones where that is played down or totally negated.

Peace.

/K

P.S. @Markiehoe

Yeah, if James disappeared, I wouldn't miss him either.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, jdrock24, Markiehoe

More
08 Apr 2016 15:32 #47207 by jdrock24

kikass2014 wrote: Yeah, if James disappeared, I wouldn't miss him either.

Agreed. When I saw a trailer for the upcoming episode and they showed James falling off a building, was it bad of me to hope that Supergirl doesn't rescue him? :whistle: :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe

More
08 Apr 2016 16:02 - 08 Apr 2016 16:04 #47208 by fats

jdrock24 wrote:

kikass2014 wrote: Yeah, if James disappeared, I wouldn't miss him either.

Agreed. When I saw a trailer for the upcoming episode and they showed James falling off a building, was it bad of me to hope that Supergirl doesn't rescue him? :whistle: :whistle:

NO, it's not bad of you.

Fats
Last edit: 08 Apr 2016 16:04 by fats.

More
08 Apr 2016 19:19 #47212 by kikass2014

LOL :D Same :P

Peace.

/K

More
09 Apr 2016 20:38 #47234 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Season 1 x 18 Spoilers and Discussions Worlds Finest
I don't think I hate the Kara-Jimmy thing ... but probably would prefer that it didn't exist.

OTH, i FAR prefer the "let's do something about it" than ... the on/off/on/dance around it thing they were doing. I hate that. Get on with the story. Either make it fail and move on (much as the Winn thing seems to have done) OR make it a real thing and do something with it.

So the entire end of last season kicking Myriad in right as she kissed him? Dramatic scene but ... kill it, or make it happen. Stop playing footsie.

More
09 Apr 2016 23:59 - 10 Apr 2016 00:05 #47238 by shadar

TwiceOnThursdays wrote: I don't think I hate the Kara-Jimmy thing ... but probably would prefer that it didn't exist.

OTH, i FAR prefer the "let's do something about it" than ... the on/off/on/dance around it thing they were doing. I hate that. Get on with the story. Either make it fail and move on (much as the Winn thing seems to have done) OR make it a real thing and do something with it.

So the entire end of last season kicking Myriad in right as she kissed him? Dramatic scene but ... kill it, or make it happen. Stop playing footsie.

I'm not sure Kara is capable of sharing a good kiss, or anything more. Everything we've seen so far says that she fantasizes about relationships, but seems incapable of embracing them. Not sure if that's Melissa's failing as an actor, or a deliberate aspect of Kara as written, but her reaction to sexual situations is half repulsion and half silly laughter.

I could actually see a Kryptonian behaving that way around humans, who are weak and unimpressive on a physical level (compared to her.) Presumably a Kryptonian orgasm has the potential to be lethal. Losing control is a very bad thing for a Kryptonian, but a good orgasm is all about losing control.

Perhaps she's simply learned to avoid getting into a physical situation that would be compromising or dangerous for her partner. Assuming the men in her life are even capable of pushing her buttons on a physical level.

Yet she's clearly a romantic at heart. Maybe this is just one of the drawbacks to being the Girl of Steel.

Recall that she seemed to have no reservations around the Flash. She appeared confident and flirtatious and open and up for anything. But not so with any of the human men we've seen on screen.
Last edit: 10 Apr 2016 00:05 by shadar.

More
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds