Amount

Season 1 x 20 Spoilers and Discussions Better Angels

27 Mar 2016 00:32 - 14 Apr 2016 23:25 #46992 by five_red
Season finale title announced. Airs Monday 18 April.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/03/supergirl-episode-120-better-angels.html

“Better Angels” – Supergirl is forced to do battle with an unexpected foe and must risk everything – including her life – to prevent Non and Indigo from destroying every person on the planet, on the first season finale of SUPERGIRL, Monday, April 18 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: The stakes have never been higher! Kara’s enemies aim 2 destroy everyone on Earth! #Supergirl Season Finale 4/18 8pm bit.ly/1Mzp6RR

REGULAR CAST:

Melissa Benoist (Kara Danvers/Supergirl)
Calista Flockhart (Cat Grant)
Chyler Leigh (Alex Danvers)
Mehcad Brooks (James Olsen)
David Harewood (Hank Henshaw/J’onn J’onzz)
Jeremy Jordan (Winslow “Winn” Schott)

RECURRING CAST:

Jenna Dewan-Tatum (Lucy Lane)
Chris Vance (Non)
Peter Facinelli (Maxwell Lord)
Laura Vandervoort (Indigo)
Briana Venskus (Agent Vasquez)
Glenn Morshower (General Sam Lane)
Dr. Eliza Danvers (Helen Slater)
Kitana Turnbull (Costumed Girl)
Dan Warner (Fire Captain)
Malina Weissman (Young Kara)

GUEST CAST:

Dawn Greenidge (Pedestrian Woman)
Jessica Garcia (Teenage Girl)

STORY BY: Andrew Kreisberg and Ali Adler
TELEPLAY BY: Robert Rovner and Jessica Queller
BASED ON: The Characters Appearing in the DC Comics
DIRECTED BY: Larry Teng

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]


EDIT #1: Pics
http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/03/supergirl-episode-120-better-angels.html

EDIT #2: Promo vid


EDIT #3: Extended promo vid


EDIT #4: Sneak peeks



R5

Supergirl Pre-Crisis Chronology: www.superwomenmania.com/supergirltl/
Supergirl: the Life and Times of Kara Zor-El: maidofmight.wordpress.com/
DeviantArt: 5red.deviantart.com/
Blog: x5red.tumblr.com/

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 14 Apr 2016 23:25 by five_red.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • five_red
  • five_red's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Master of Time
  • Master of Time
More
30 Mar 2016 02:08 - 30 Mar 2016 18:22 #47059 by SupergirlTV
Here it is! The title and synopsis to the season finale of Supergirl. supergirl.tv/episode-20-title-synopsis

“Better Angels” – Supergirl is forced to do battle with an unexpected foe and must risk everything – including her life – to prevent Non and Indigo from destroying every person on the planet, on the first season finale of SUPERGIRL, Monday, April 18 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.
Last edit: 30 Mar 2016 18:22 by SupergirlTV.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Mar 2016 14:31 #47069 by lfan

SupergirlTV wrote: Here it is! The title and synopsis to the season finale of Supergirl. supergirl.tv/episode-20-title-and-synopsis

“Better Angels” – Supergirl is forced to do battle with an unexpected foe and must risk everything – including her life – to prevent Non and Indigo from destroying every person on the planet, on the first season finale of SUPERGIRL, Monday, April 18 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.


Link broken and has already been posted anyways

ElF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Mar 2016 18:22 - 30 Mar 2016 18:23 #47075 by SupergirlTV
Sorry about the link, I will update that. And at the time it wasn't posted. It was new information that Red5 has added after I posted it by editing his original post.
Last edit: 30 Mar 2016 18:23 by SupergirlTV.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Mar 2016 22:52 #47083 by SupergirlTV
Preview photos from the Supergirl finale: Put on your speculation hats! www.supergirl.tv/better-angels-preview-gallery
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Mar 2016 23:55 #47084 by andyf
IMDB lists Malina Weissman as appearing in episode 20.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2016 17:05 #47132 by andyf
Don't be surprised if a series regular gets killed off in episode 20. For the season 1 finales of both Arrow and Flash, a series regular was killed off.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2016 17:14 - 02 Apr 2016 17:17 #47133 by Monty

andyf wrote: Don't be surprised if a series regular gets killed off in episode 20. For the season 1 finales of both Arrow and Flash, a series regular was killed off.


Possibly Cat? Maybe she takes a hit for Kara not knowing Kara would survive the hit. This would leave Kara with the quandary of if only Cat had still known her secret. Also, there is always the omni-present danger of Cat's inquisitive mind re-discovering Kara's true identity.... would it work a second time? Catco ownership gets passed to Cat's eldest son and a different type of chemistry ensues between her new boss and her as PA. All just guesswork of course...
Last edit: 02 Apr 2016 17:17 by Monty.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2016 19:10 #47135 by lfan

andyf wrote: Don't be surprised if a series regular gets killed off in episode 20. For the season 1 finales of both Arrow and Flash, a series regular was killed off.


If I had to guess, I'm guessing it will be Hank. Hank has demonstrated that he would anything to keep Alex and kara safe, and I would assume that means the ultimate sacrifice. Of course, being a hero, "death" isn't as permanent as it used to be :)

ElF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Apr 2016 12:43 #47157 by Woodclaw

lfan wrote:

andyf wrote: Don't be surprised if a series regular gets killed off in episode 20. For the season 1 finales of both Arrow and Flash, a series regular was killed off.


If I had to guess, I'm guessing it will be Hank. Hank has demonstrated that he would anything to keep Alex and kara safe, and I would assume that means the ultimate sacrifice. Of course, being a hero, "death" isn't as permanent as it used to be :)

ElF


I don't think Hank/J'onn is that likely to be killed, given that I've been waiting to see a confrontation between him and a Hank/Cyborg for quite a while now. Although it would be an interesting twist to see a second Hank back from the grave to mess with Kara and Alex.

(formerly Anon, still Librarian)

"What is the point of having free will if one cannot occasionally spit in the eye of destiny?" ("Gentleman" John Marcone)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Apr 2016 01:53 #47319 by fats
I cant believe the final promo clips are up.

good going r5

Fats

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Apr 2016 02:55 #47353 by YAGS
So I have to ask: Am I the only one who thought the whole long "hope" speech at the beginning was so completely awful that you considered turning off the TV and not even bothering to watch the rest of the episode? And then if you did watch the rest of the episode, you ended up regretting it?

Not even bothering to post my specific complaints. I only do that for things I care enough about to bother, and this show no longer qualifies.

Let me know if it gets better next season - I won't be watching to find out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Apr 2016 05:12 #47355 by lfan

YAGS wrote: So I have to ask: Am I the only one who thought the whole long "hope" speech at the beginning was so completely awful that you considered turning off the TV and not even bothering to watch the rest of the episode? And then if you did watch the rest of the episode, you ended up regretting it?

Not even bothering to post my specific complaints. I only do that for things I care enough about to bother, and this show no longer qualifies.

Let me know if it gets better next season - I won't be watching to find out.





:P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Apr 2016 06:18 #47356 by shadar
Gotta keep remembering that this show is being aimed at people whose only likely exposure to Supergirl, assuming they have any, has been the comic book version that started with N52. That SG is anything BUT warm and cute. So if they like the show, then they likely do so because Melissa's Supergirl is so radically different and more human than the comic version.

I also have to remind myself that one of Superman's key defining characteristics is that he's very human in his thoughts, emotions, feelings, etc. He's just as much Clark Kent as he is Superman. Maybe more so.

Clearly, this show's producers wanted to optimize that feature for Supergirl as well, albeit in a way that's identifiable to young women. Which makes it a bit soapy.

My problem is that for every scene, I see ways to make it far better (by my standards, anyway). More than any other show on TV, I rewrite every SG episode in my head. And then feel bummed that they squandered all that money and those production skills to only come up with THAT.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • shadar
  • shadar's Avatar
  • Away
  • Legend of SWM
  • Legend of SWM
More
19 Apr 2016 12:05 #47357 by Markiehoe
I was perfectly fine with the "HOPE" speech.
I liked the alternate way of dealing with the situation.
To be honest though the producers could have cut the fluff from last weeks episode and had the "HOPE" speech wrap up that episode.
There was no need to drag the Myrad storyline into this episode.

Then we have the traditional Knock down/ Smackdown/ Blow Things Up ending to this weeks episode.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Markiehoe
  • Markiehoe's Avatar
  • Online
  • Uberposter of Distinction
  • Uberposter of Distinction
More
19 Apr 2016 12:08 - 19 Apr 2016 16:06 #47359 by five_red
The final scene was edited down from the original script. Here's the full version that ended up on the cutting room floor:

Kara: Alex, Alex... can you hear me..?

Alex: Yes Kara, I can hear you. Please hurry... Myriad is frying the brains of everyone on the planet. We only have 3 minutes.

Kara: Alex, I just wanted to tell you something...

Alex: Okay..?

Kara: Alex, when I was a little girl, and I landed on this planet...

Alex: Don't want to be rude, Kara, but it this a long story?

Kara: No. When I was a little girl, and I landed on this planet...

Alex: Aha?

Kara: And I was all afraid, and alone, and sad -- boy I was really sad -- and I'd just lost everything: my home, my parents, everything I knew...

Alex: Okay, Kara, can you cut to the chase? -- Winn's eyes are starting to pop out of his head.

Kara: Yeah, sure... when I was a little girl, and I crashed landed, and I was all afraid, and Clark took me to you and Eliza and Jeremiah ... and well... well...

Alex: Well..?

Kara: Well, I just wanted you to know that you really helped me.

Alex: Great! Lucy's hair is starting to fall out -- we have 2 minutes -- do you think you can do something about Myriad now, Sis?

Kara: And then I met Winn... and later James... and Lucy... and you all made me feel... well, you all made me feel like I belonged.

Alex: That's nice, sis. Erm, MYRIAD?!!

Kara: Even though I was an alien from another world, you all made me feel like I belonged here. And I'm really really grateful.

Alex: Aha. 90 seconds Kara!

Kara: Really really grateful. Really really really...

Alex: Cool!! Do you know what would make me really really grateful right now?

Kara: Oh, yeah... Myriad!

Alex: Yup.

Kara: But Alex..?

Alex: Yup..?

Kara: Before I fly Fort Rozz into space, I just want to tell you something...

Alex: Okay, but you need to know General Lane's head just exploded. So if you could hurry it up there a little bit, Sis...

Kara: Sure. Alex?

Alex: Yup?

Kara: You're gonna find Jeremiah right?

Alex: Sure! Right after YOU deal with Myriad!! 60 seconds!

Kara: Right, yeah. Well, when you find him, tell him... tell him I kept wearing the glasses. Okay?

Alex: Sure. Now: MYRIAD!!?!?!!

Kara: You'll do that for me..?

Alex: Kara, I feel ... like ... my head is in a giant vice. Can't think any more. Pain ... too ... much..! Paaaain!!

Kara: Because he needs to know how very special he made me feel...

Alex: 30 ... sec... onds!! Urrrrrhh!

Kara: And Eliza too.

Alex: I'll ... tell ... t-h-e-m. 20...!

Kara: Okay... great... thanks Alex. You're the best sister ever. So... Myriad... what's your plan Alex? How do suggest I stop it?

Alex: WHAT!?!?!??!!!!!!!!

FX: LOUD SPLATTING NOISE

Kara: Alex? Alex? ... Alex? ... Helloooooo? ... Heeeeeellooooo..?


R5

EDIT Ratings are in: 1.2 (key 18-49 demo) and 6.17m total.

Supergirl Pre-Crisis Chronology: www.superwomenmania.com/supergirltl/
Supergirl: the Life and Times of Kara Zor-El: maidofmight.wordpress.com/
DeviantArt: 5red.deviantart.com/
Blog: x5red.tumblr.com/
Last edit: 19 Apr 2016 16:06 by five_red.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • five_red
  • five_red's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Master of Time
  • Master of Time
More
19 Apr 2016 14:40 #47363 by jdrock24
I know that I promised after last episode to stop being so negative and to only focus on the positives of this show.

Well, I'm sorry but I have to get one thing off my chest: SUPERGIRL HAS NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEM FLYING IN SPACE!!!! In fact, in last week's episode of this show, Superman was gone for a bit. Know where he was? IN SPACE!!! I hate sounding like those people who can't accept any alternate versions to their favorite comic book heroes but come on. If Superman doesn't have a problem, why does Supergirl? Do you even remember what happened in the last episode when writing your next episode?

Okay, that's it. I'm not even going to mention the other negatives of this episode. Positives...positives....ummmm...SG lifting Fort Roz into space was pretty cool.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Apr 2016 16:07 #47364 by Woodclaw

jdrock24 wrote: I know that I promised after last episode to stop being so negative and to only focus on the positives of this show.

Well, I'm sorry but I have to get one thing off my chest: SUPERGIRL HAS NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEM FLYING IN SPACE!!!! In fact, in last week's episode of this show, Superman was gone for a bit. Know where he was? IN SPACE!!! I hate sounding like those people who can't accept any alternate versions to their favorite comic book heroes but come on. If Superman doesn't have a problem, why does Supergirl? Do you even remember what happened in the last episode when writing your next episode?

Okay, that's it. I'm not even going to mention the other negatives of this episode. Positives...positives....ummmm...SG lifting Fort Roz into space was pretty cool.


Okay, perhaps I'm overanalyzing here, but since the original Crisis of 1984 it was established that Kryptonians can't survive in space for prolonged periods of time without some kind of survival equipment. It might be fridge logic but, as far as we know, Superman might have a dedicated space suit or some other bit of technology to allow him to survive in space, which Kara didn't have the time to get.

(formerly Anon, still Librarian)

"What is the point of having free will if one cannot occasionally spit in the eye of destiny?" ("Gentleman" John Marcone)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Apr 2016 16:40 #47365 by jdrock24

Woodclaw wrote: Okay, perhaps I'm overanalyzing here, but since the original Crisis of 1984 it was established that Kryptonians can't survive in space for prolonged periods of time without some kind of survival equipment. It might be fridge logic but, as far as we know, Superman might have a dedicated space suit or some other bit of technology to allow him to survive in space, which Kara didn't have the time to get.


You could be right. I'm not 100% sure. I know the Superman in the Animated Series needed a spacesuit. But then again, I just read a New 52 Superman graphic novel with the Doomsday virus and he was in space for a long time without one.

In any event, Keelex told SG that SM was off planet on a mission and then in the very next scene he's flying into National City with no space suit. Did he drop it off with Star Labs on the way? I don't know...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Apr 2016 17:39 #47368 by Woodclaw

jdrock24 wrote:

Woodclaw wrote: Okay, perhaps I'm overanalyzing here, but since the original Crisis of 1984 it was established that Kryptonians can't survive in space for prolonged periods of time without some kind of survival equipment. It might be fridge logic but, as far as we know, Superman might have a dedicated space suit or some other bit of technology to allow him to survive in space, which Kara didn't have the time to get.


You could be right. I'm not 100% sure. I know the Superman in the Animated Series needed a spacesuit. But then again, I just read a New 52 Superman graphic novel with the Doomsday virus and he was in space for a long time without one.

In any event, Keelex told SG that SM was off planet on a mission and then in the very next scene he's flying into National City with no space suit. Did he drop it off with Star Labs on the way? I don't know...


I don't know what the New52 Superman limitations are (I suppose that he can survive in space for quite a while, given that New52 Supergirl appeared capable of interplanetary travel), but before Flashpoint he had to undergo a training regime to become able to remain in space for more than a few minutes without breathing equipment.

(formerly Anon, still Librarian)

"What is the point of having free will if one cannot occasionally spit in the eye of destiny?" ("Gentleman" John Marcone)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds