Amount

Season 1 Blu Ray

03 Jun 2016 19:44 #48213 by andyf
Season 1 Blu Ray was created by andyf
It's a little light on special features. No episode commentary, no behind the scenes filming and no close look at special effects. Flash season 2 on blu ray has even more special features.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• andyf
  • andyf's Avatar Topic Author
More
04 Jun 2016 07:14 #48228 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Season 1 Blu Ray

andyf wrote: It's a little light on special features. No episode commentary, no behind the scenes filming and no close look at special effects. Flash season 2 on blu ray has even more special features.

It's not available until August 9. The small handful of extra features listed are similar to what iTunes has packaged with the series right from the beginning. Also a little more expensive on Bluray than iTunes.

It will initially only be available in Region A/1 and while it is HD, its foundation is the higher frame rate NTSC standard of North America. Not sure this will play in UK or the rest of Europe on HDTV.

• shadar
  • Away
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
04 Jun 2016 14:01 #48231 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic Season 1 Blu Ray
I was going to ask if this would be available in the uk in August as the dvd format will be different. Probably it won't be - always the bridesmaids on this side of the pond. :(

More
04 Jun 2016 14:16 #48232 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Season 1 Blu Ray

Monty wrote: I was going to ask if this would be available in the uk in August as the dvd format will be different. Probably it won't be - always the bridesmaids on this side of the pond. :(

Unknown given all the info I can find talks about the North American release. There may be other formats being prepared for simultaneous release, but I don't have access to that info. Maybe others do.

Shadar

• shadar
  • Away
More
10 Jun 2016 14:27 #48437 by kikass2014
Replied by kikass2014 on topic Season 1 Blu Ray
Amazon UK has it listed as:

"This title will be released on July 25, 2016. "

www.amazon.co.uk/Supergirl-Season-Blu-ra...enoist/dp/B018SBS8L0

However, they often list speculative release dates for pre-orders. Given that Shadar mentioned August 9th for the US release, I find it unlikely it will be before them (though there have been examples of titles releasing here before the US in the past).

Peace.

/K
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monty

More
07 Jul 2016 08:31 #49005 by JAG81
Replied by JAG81 on topic Season 1 Blu Ray
Hey all,
For those of you living in Canada, or if the exchange rates and shipping work out to still be less I have good news. Amazon.ca already has the Blu-Ray set on sale for $27.49 CDN, down from 44.79. The DVD version is also on sale for $25.00 CDN, down from 47.36.

Supergirl Season 1 Blu-Ray

Supergirl Season 1 DVD

I do not know how long this sale is on for, with Amazon it could change at anytime

Already pre-ordered mine, wasn't passing up that deal

JAG

More
08 Jul 2016 00:52 #49022 by thedoc9
Replied by thedoc9 on topic Season 1 Blu Ray
You know, CBS released a TON of short vids on Facebook and on their own website to promote the show. Perhaps some enterprising person could consolidate them all into a "bonus feature" for the fans who feel short changed... Better than nothing.

More
08 Jul 2016 11:40 #49024 by five_red
Replied by five_red on topic Season 1 Blu Ray
I've seen a listing of what's on the DVD/BluRay, and it's interesting that the running order of the episodes seems to be the intended running order, not the order they were originally broadcast in after the Paris attacks. So "How Does She Do It?" is fourth and "Livewire" is fifth.

A lot of internet sites numbered the episodes based on broadcast order, making Livewire 1x04, rather than 1x05. I decided to stick with the intended numbering on SWM, on the assumption that the swap wasn't permanent. It will be interesting to see which order The CW repeat the episodes in -- if they return to the intended order (as the DVD apparently does, if online details are correct) then a lot of other sites and wikis will be wrong :)

Can anyone confirm the DVD/BluRay or CW order?

R5

More
26 Jul 2016 20:38 #49314 by goatboy
Replied by goatboy on topic Season 1 Blu Ray
I got the UK & Ireland release blu-ray- camera.plus/duheNYiZQY8

Livewire is episode 4, How Does She Do It? is 5. camera.plus/hV5oxAvVHP2

The extras are are deleted scenes from episodes 6, 8, 9, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17 & 18, the 2015 comic-con panel, featurettes on Martian Manhunter and Krypton and a gag reel, though I've no idea how substantial any of it is yet.

It's 3 discs, the first two having 7 episodes each on them, the third 5 episodes. Not much effort put into the artwork I'm afraid- camera.plus/GGMeJTyTtsG

More
31 Jul 2016 23:15 #49380 by goatboy
Replied by goatboy on topic Season 1 Blu Ray

goatboy wrote: I got the UK & Ireland release blu-ray- camera.plus/duheNYiZQY8

Livewire is episode 4, How Does She Do It? is 5. camera.plus/hV5oxAvVHP2

On the sleeve notes it's listed as above, but on the disc itself it's the reverse, HDSDI? is episode 4, Livewire is 5.

The discs have FBI/IPR Center warnings on them as opposed to local copyright warnings, likely meaning every country is getting the same 3 discs.

More
04 Aug 2016 01:52 #49426 by steelknight3000
Replied by steelknight3000 on topic Season 1 Blu Ray
Anyone know if there are power scenes in the deleted scenes?

More
05 Aug 2016 02:11 #49450 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Season 1 Blu Ray
Episode 16 in HD. Wonderful stuff

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Sarge395
More
12 Aug 2016 22:13 - 12 Aug 2016 22:15 #49575 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic Season 1 Blu Ray

steelknight3000 wrote: Anyone know if there are power scenes in the deleted scenes?

From what I've seen from the dvd's (which are a bit of a disappointment) it only appears that dialogue in the DEO has been deleted, but re-used in the 'other scenes' category.
Last edit: 12 Aug 2016 22:15 by Monty.

More
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds