Amount

Season 2 - Five new characters

08 Jun 2016 19:59 - 09 Jun 2016 14:37 #48371 by andyf
Season 2 - Five new characters was created by andyf
Supergirltv.com reports, via tvline.com that new character are joining the cast in season 2. 2 are going to be season regulars the other 3 recurring.

Some are new incarnations of old school DC characters like Snapper Carr and Maggie Sawyer. One of the new season regulars is Lena Luthor, Lex Luthor's sister.

R5 EDIT: Here's the link
Last edit: 09 Jun 2016 14:37 by five_red. Reason: Added the link (which is always useful -- hint hint!)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• andyf
  • andyf's Avatar Topic Author
More
08 Jun 2016 20:34 #48372 by andyf
Replied by andyf on topic Season 2 - Five new characters
With the 5 new characters just announced today and whoever is in the pod, plus Superman himself, that's a total of 7 new characters appearing season 2. I don't think either Arrow or Flash had that many new roles in their second seasons.

• andyf
More
08 Jun 2016 21:07 #48376 by jumperprime
Replied by jumperprime on topic Season 2 - Five new characters
What do we need a Luthor for? I thought Maxwell Lord was filling Lex Luthor's shoes in this series

More
09 Jun 2016 01:38 #48383 by ace191
Replied by ace191 on topic Season 2 - Five new characters
Yea but he is in metropolis. I guess they think Kara needs more girlfriends

More
09 Jun 2016 02:13 #48384 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Season 2 - Five new characters
Thanks to CW's more liberal views on LGBT, they can portray Maggie as the lesbian she's always been in the comics. That would never play on a CBS superhero show.

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
09 Jun 2016 05:44 #48387 by Brad2
Replied by Brad2 on topic Season 2 - Five new characters
Wouldn't that depend on if the characters are season regulars or not? For example, I could easily see a lot more than 7 characters if they do a lot of "villain of the week" (VOTW) characters that only appear in an episode or two.

And, given how much of a problem the show seems to have with long term storywriting, and that the show has 22 episodes, I really hope they do a lot more VOTW episodes. I thought they did a better job (for the most part) with those than they did with season long stories. But that's just me.

More
09 Jun 2016 11:43 #48389 by brantley
Replied by brantley on topic Season 2 - Five new characters
Will there be room for any overall story line about Supergirl herself, or will we get just a bunch of incidents to justify the appearance of these extra characters?

--Brantley

More
09 Jun 2016 14:45 #48391 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Season 2 - Five new characters

shadar wrote: Thanks to CW's more liberal views on LGBT, they can portray Maggie as the lesbian she's always been in the comics. That would never play on a CBS superhero show.

Ahh CBS did person of Intrest which is a show that had a fair amount of LGBT content.

I always personally liked Maggie Sawyer-but honestly more in the context of Superman rather then other things they have done with her over the years. The competent tough cop in a world of mnsters and aliens is intresting. And did like her initial Girlfreind plot, becuse i liked the twist that she was a reporter....but for the rival networks.' Its a good not everything in the universe revols around us' bit

And Snapper Carr?

More
09 Jun 2016 15:22 - 09 Jun 2016 16:40 #48393 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Season 2 - Five new characters

shadar wrote: Agree... the Snapper seems kind of odd.

My guess is there are hedging their bets and adding casting infrastructure for phasing Cat out or at least significantly reducing her time on the show.

ElF
Last edit: 09 Jun 2016 16:40 by lfan.

• shadar
More
09 Jun 2016 20:30 #48414 by brantley
Replied by brantley on topic Season 2 - Five new characters
Snapper Carr? Had to look him up! A minor player with as many incarnations as the leads!

--Brantley

More
10 Jun 2016 18:43 #48444 by andyf
Replied by andyf on topic Season 2 - Five new characters
You have to wonder if the real reason why there are so many new characters in season 2 is because not only is cat grant not going to appear very much, but so is Lucy lane and Maxwell Lord. That Calista F was not the only cast member who didn't wan the show to leave LA.

• andyf
More
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds