Amount

Season 2 x 22 Neverthless...(Finale)

23 May 2017 11:52 #54252 by kikass2014
Season 2 x 22 Neverthless...(Finale) was created by kikass2014
Bravo Team Supergirl. Bravo.

Having just finished watching the season finale, I have to say, that was up there with the best the show has delivered.

All the narratives (sans President Lynda, I think) were bought to closure in a logical manner. And like last week, all the major players had a chance to shine and play a part, including Superman (who played a small, but key part I will mention later on).

I felt the episode was really, really, well written, with stakes at play and a sense of “How are they going to get out of this?” It was also well paced, with the plot constantly moving forward in a logical structure. Kara was the primary agent, as she should be, with the other characters supporting her.

Sure, there were some cliché tropes. But that’s what the genre is. If you are not accustomed to them by now, or they are not your cup of tea, there is no hope. Watch something else, because, imo, this is what the genre is at its heart and at its best.

Those moments like Superman solidifying Kara as the root of her show, by admitting to being beaten by her. And almost as a meta reference, he even says the he was at full strength, not weakened in any way.

Those moments where the resolution to the conflict is not a punch, but a decision. A tough decision, but one that has to made. And Kara made it.

And even those moments like the final scene, where Cat says “Go get ‘em…Supergirl”.

These are the moments, for me at least, that make this genre worth watching.

My one criticism of the episode would probably be the choice to show the setup for next season. And while I can understand the choice, I would have ended the season on the previous scene, Kara flying up in the sky, cross-cut with Mon-El heading into the wormhole.

But in light of the rest of the episode, I’m willing to let that slide.

I could write a lot more on this episode, but I will end on this instead.

Kudos Team Supergirl, you delivered a brilliant finish to the season.

Look forward to seeing Season 3.

Peace.

/K
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ravens_ghost, theomach

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kikass2014
  • kikass2014's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
23 May 2017 14:48 #54254 by smoki07
Replied by smoki07 on topic Season 2 x 22 Neverthless...(Finale)
I think it was very good finale!
The following user(s) said Thank You: theomach

More
24 May 2017 06:13 #54269 by ace191
Replied by ace191 on topic Season 2 x 22 Neverthless...(Finale)
I think we know why they renewed this show so early. The writers showed them what they had, and the producers saved up the money for the special effects. Damn they have a great cast! You have to love Calista Flockhart. Consummate pros all with great chemistry. Can't wait until next year!

More
24 May 2017 12:12 #54270 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Season 2 x 22 Neverthless...(Finale)
Well there was stuff I liked and stuff I didn't.
The writing seems to be very trope heavy as pointed out by others.
At least they are going in the right direction focusing on Supergirl and making it her show.

Watch the season finale of FLASH.
That show kills it.
So many twists and turns in that episode.
I will admit i was a little misty eyed at the end.

More
24 May 2017 17:22 - 24 May 2017 17:22 #54278 by kikass2014
Replied by kikass2014 on topic Season 2 x 22 Neverthless...(Finale)

That show kills it.

Oh man, YES! Flash is fricking awesome :) Its the best of the Berlanti-verse by a country mile imo.

And yes, at the end of the finale I gotta say, I wasn't just misty eyed lol :P

Peace.

/K
Last edit: 24 May 2017 17:22 by kikass2014.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe

• kikass2014
  • kikass2014's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
30 May 2017 19:38 #54388 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Season 2 x 22 Neverthless...(Finale)
As a whole body of work, I think the Flash is the best show in the Berlanti-verse --- best cast top -to-bottom, best looking visually, etc. That being said, I thought the last episode kinda sucked, aside from the tragic aspects of it. Getting kinda tired of fixing every problem and defeating every supervillian by going back in time and changing timelines. To me, this is a crutch that they are using way too much, similar to the the Martian Manhunter using his powers to hide Supergirl's identity (by either mind wipe or impersonating her).

Another thing I'm hating about the Flash is their use of speedsters as the big bad for each season. Reverse Flash, Zoom, Savitar......its getting kind of repetitive now. Flash actually had one of the more well-stocker -- albeit silly -- rogue's galleries around, but it seems the only legit villians that present a challenge are other speedsters.....

ElF

kikass2014 wrote:

That show kills it.

Oh man, YES! Flash is fricking awesome :) Its the best of the Berlanti-verse by a country mile imo.

And yes, at the end of the finale I gotta say, I wasn't just misty eyed lol :P

Peace.

/K

More
30 May 2017 20:03 - 30 May 2017 20:10 #54390 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Season 2 x 22 Neverthless...(Finale)
The Flash's producers have already said no Speedster as the Big Bad next season.

In their defense the "Speed Force" is a Big Deal in the Flash Universe and Speedsters are the logical "Most Powerful" creatures.
If Supergirl doesn't battle a Kryptonian level foe then I feel a little let down.
And once you open the Time Travel bottle there is no going back.
Last edit: 30 May 2017 20:10 by Markiehoe. Reason: More info

More
31 May 2017 08:23 #54411 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Season 2 x 22 Neverthless...(Finale)

lfan wrote: As a whole body of work, I think the Flash is the best show in the Berlanti-verse --- best cast top -to-bottom, best looking visually, etc. That being said, I thought the last episode kinda sucked, aside from the tragic aspects of it. Getting kinda tired of fixing every problem and defeating every supervillian by going back in time and changing timelines. To me, this is a crutch that they are using way too much, similar to the the Martian Manhunter using his powers to hide Supergirl's identity (by either mind wipe or impersonating her).

Another thing I'm hating about the Flash is their use of speedsters as the big bad for each season. Reverse Flash, Zoom, Savitar......its getting kind of repetitive now. Flash actually had one of the more well-stocker -- albeit silly -- rogue's galleries around, but it seems the only legit villians that present a challenge are other speedsters.....

I agree on this count and that's one of reasons I'm currently very behind in watching Flash: using Thawe in season 1 and Zoom is season 2 worked because of the labirityne plot involved, but Savitar in season 3 felt like "more of the same". Unfortunately it's true that most of Flash's rogue gallery is formed either by other speedsters or by the Rogues, most of whom are normal humans with one gimmicks and a few tricks, but the best of them (Cold and Heatwave) were moved to Legends.

• Woodclaw
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
31 May 2017 18:56 #54423 by theomach
Replied by theomach on topic Season 2 x 22 Neverthless...(Finale)
With the rumored appearance of Reign as next season's baddie Kara may finally have a great antagonist. If it's true it should make for some very fun viewing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan

More
31 May 2017 19:39 #54425 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Season 2 x 22 Neverthless...(Finale)

theomach wrote: With the rumored appearance of Reign as next season's baddie Kara may finally have a great antagonist. If it's true it should make for some very fun viewing.

Agreed, will be interesting to see what they do with Reign as well as explaining where she has been all these years....

ElF

More
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds