Amount

Good vs. Evil

04 Feb 2011 04:33 #21535 by dr lazarus
Good vs. Evil was created by dr lazarus
I just wanted to know if I'm the only one who swings both ways, uh, that is to say, likes both good super-babes as well as evil super-babes -- and everything in between. It just seems there tends to be a kind of division here, between those who like their super girls to be all sweetness and light, and those that prefer them to be bad to the bone. I don't really mind what her attitude is, as long as she's super, and is doing super things. If she wants to blow some innocent people away like dust with her super-breath just for fun, well so be it. Or if she wants to rescue an airliner that's about to crash into a mountain, that's fine too. Anyway that's my take on the whole thing. Not trying to stir anything up, just saying how I feel.

Ursa. Her time has come.
www.facebook.com/UrsaFans

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dr lazarus
  • dr lazarus's Avatar Topic Author
More
04 Feb 2011 05:06 #21536 by jimbob
Replied by jimbob on topic Re: Good vs. Evil
No no. I prefer more positive characters myself. They don't have to be a total sweet pushover, a super girl with attitude is good, but still a more or less good person, and still able to connect with humanity in general despite superiority, rather than a Goddess who views regular people as ants.

I actually find the "I'm a Goddess so I'll slaughter and kill all the puny humans for no reason MWAHAHAHA" characters impossible to take seriously.

More
04 Feb 2011 05:16 #21537 by sgfan05
Replied by sgfan05 on topic Re: Good vs. Evil
I don't mind it when the superwoman has to face the alternate version of herself, that wants to use their powers however they see fit. Supergirl vs Dark Supergirl basically. She could be evil could rule the world but then she wouldn't be Supergirl.

More
04 Feb 2011 07:20 #21538 by yohashuan
Replied by yohashuan on topic Re: Good vs. Evil
I like all kinds of supergirls. It's the gore that turns me off.

I'll fantasize about a innocent, young, kindhearted supergirl saving a stranded fireman from a burning building, or I'll imagine a sleek, exotic, dominant supergirl laughing her way through a hail of bullets to pry a bank vault open with her bare hands. But I don't really care for girls who view humans as insignificant little ants to be flicked through the skull if they dare look at the spandex-clad, gravity-defying F-cup tits she's thrusting in their faces.

More
04 Feb 2011 08:42 #21540 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Re: Good vs. Evil
I generally enjoy both kinds of supergirls.

So far I noticed one thing, the evil kind is easier to write, but harder to do so properly. Creating a character who is truly evil, without going with the "Being a Planetary Tyrant for Dummies" routine in the style of Ming the Merciless, is really a challenge.
But, at the same time, giving a real nice a sweet girl a decent motivator to be a hero without making things flat and dull is almost as hard.

More
04 Feb 2011 11:31 #21543 by thin_girl_vs_world_armies
Replied by thin_girl_vs_world_armies on topic Re: Good vs. Evil
I like all superhuman girls world, positive or negative-dark, but honestly i prefer bad attitude...

• thin_girl_vs_world_armies
More
04 Feb 2011 14:05 #21545 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic Re: Good vs. Evil

No no. I prefer more positive characters myself. They don't have to be a total sweet pushover, a super girl with attitude is good, but still a more or less good person, and still able to connect with humanity in general despite superiority, rather than a Goddess who views regular people as ants.

I actually find the "I'm a Goddess so I'll slaughter and kill all the puny humans for no reason MWAHAHAHA" characters impossible to take seriously.

My thoughts exactly! Good girls for me.

More
04 Feb 2011 14:18 #21547 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Good vs. Evil
Predominently good girls, but I find myself interested in stories featuring bad girls as well, just not insanely evil or megalomanical....

ElF

My thoughts exactly! Good girls for me.

More
04 Feb 2011 16:28 #21549 by eavatar
Replied by eavatar on topic Re: Good vs. Evil

I generally enjoy both kinds of supergirls.

So far I noticed one thing, the evil kind is easier to write, but harder to do so properly. Creating a character who is truly evil, without going with the "Being a Planetary Tyrant for Dummies" routine in the style of Ming the Merciless, is really a challenge.
But, at the same time, giving a real nice a sweet girl a decent motivator to be a hero without making things flat and dull is almost as hard.

I agree with Anon. It is hard to write a really good or really evil ubergirl. But I think write evil ones in a "realistic" way harder. First because the motivation to be evil. It is hard find a real motivation for villany. Usually it falls at the classic models which don't amuse me that much. At other hand I never saw a good ubergirl get an inner dialog which could reflect her feelings about do what is right.

Going ahead is the only one way to go to the future.

More
05 Feb 2011 01:21 #21555 by d_k_c
Replied by d_k_c on topic Re: Good vs. Evil
Good girls all the way! Nothings more unattractive than a girl using her body for evil…Even if she does have Super Powers ,)

More
05 Feb 2011 09:12 #21556 by Woodclaw

Good girls all the way! Nothings more unattractive than a girl using her body for evil…Even if she does have Super Powers ,)

This is somewhat unexpected from you...

More
05 Feb 2011 15:30 #21559 by ace191
Replied by ace191 on topic Re: Good vs. Evil

d_k_c wrote:

Not really. Good girls can get tricked or forced to do bad things against their will. And there are always those unexpected twists!

It is one thing to be petty, selfish and small minded. Quite another to go
out and try to destroy the world. And unfortunately, good girls don't always win in DKC's stories.

Is infinity Girl "Bad"? At this point, we really do not know. Selfish and full of revenge, you bet. Pure evil? I don't think so.

Is Supergirl bad in Supergirl Issue one? No. She is being tricked by Kingpin into doing bad things right now. What will happen in issue two and three? Who knows.

And has the super rock star Pandora done anything bad yet other than the to piss off the now wealthy lawyer who made the wrong choice? Which one of them will turn out good or bad in the end? Stay tuned.

Did the Two Supergirls who fought in "The Premeditated Providence"
turn out evil no. Did Neil and her sister win in "Superman Nil – Ultra Woman Nell." No, but there is a great set up for the next chapter.

To be a great fighter you must beat a great opponent like Ali-Fraizer.
Same thing here. To be a great Superhero, you must best a great villain.
If only we knew which was which.

More
05 Feb 2011 16:01 #21560 by fats
Replied by fats on topic Re: Good vs. Evil
I'm a fan of bad girls, the badder the better, the idea that a girl with unlimited abilities having their way with a solar system full of toys is my idea of fun.

fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
05 Feb 2011 17:44 #21561 by yohashuan
Replied by yohashuan on topic Re: Good vs. Evil

d_k_c wrote:

Is infinity Girl "Bad"? At this point, we really do not know. Selfish and full of revenge, you bet. Pure evil? I don't think so.

*sigh* I love you, Infinity Girl!!
/swoon.

More
06 Feb 2011 03:56 #21569 by d_k_c
Well. I did wink =) I do think Super mean girls are hot. But So are super nice girls, as long as they have the right attitude =) In the end...All bad girls are good and all good girls are bad. Its all about perspective.

On an unrelated note....I get shipped to the middle of nowhere for work. God knows how long I'll be there. But it gives me plenty of time to start writing again. And while I did write a lil on Infinity Crisis, I also wrote, and almost completed a kind of What if? scenario, entitled Milani In DC. About a model by the name of Denise Milani and her acquiring...well, you can guess the rest.So ACE I'm gonna ship it over to you by the end of the week. I'd appreciate any help you can throw its way. If your not too busy!

More
06 Feb 2011 15:43 #21575 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Good vs. Evil

Well. I did wink =) I do think Super mean girls are hot. But So are super nice girls, as long as they have the right attitude =) In the end...All bad girls are good and all good girls are bad. Its all about perspective.

On an unrelated note....I get shipped to the middle of nowhere for work. God knows how long I'll be there. But it gives me plenty of time to start writing again. And while I did write a lil on Infinity Crisis, I also wrote, and almost completed a kind of What if? scenario, entitled Milani In DC. About a model by the name of Denise Milani and her acquiring...well, you can guess the rest.So ACE I'm gonna ship it over to you by the end of the week. I'd appreciate any help you can throw its way. If your not too busy!

Fantastic -- with a side of awesome sauce!

More
06 Feb 2011 16:58 #21577 by The Highlander
Replied by The Highlander on topic Re: Good vs. Evil
I’m very defiantly a fan of good supergirls, or at the very least those who are bad rather than pure evil. What I really don’t like is excessive and unprovoked violence, I’m not so bothered by some gore especially where it is dissevered (i.e. when taking on some supervillain). A supergirl who crushes her boyfriend’s car into a small cube and hangs him from a lamppost because she caught him in bed with another woman is one thing, someone who wipes out a city because they refused to worship her is quite another.

I agree with Anon. It is hard to write a really good or really evil ubergirl. But I think write evil ones in a "realistic" way harder. First because the motivation to be evil. It is hard find a real motivation for villany. Usually it falls at the classic models which don't amuse me that much. At other hand I never saw a good ubergirl get an inner dialog which could reflect her feelings about do what is right.

This is also why I don't like characters being too powerful. The stronger you make them the harder it is for them to relate to the world around them. Once you get to the ‘I can lift a mountain using my pinkie’ stage it removes any sort of idea of conflict or change from the stories, and they become very boring very quickly.

More
06 Feb 2011 18:04 #21580 by Woodclaw

d_k_c wrote:

Not really. Good girls can get tricked or forced to do bad things against their will. And there are always those unexpected twists!

It is one thing to be petty, selfish and small minded. Quite another to go
out and try to destroy the world. And unfortunately, good girls don't always win in DKC's stories.

Is Supergirl bad in Supergirl Issue one? No. She is being tricked by Kingpin into doing bad things right now. What will happen in issue two and three? Who knows.

And has the super rock star Pandora done anything bad yet other than the to piss off the now wealthy lawyer who made the wrong choice? Which one of them will turn out good or bad in the end? Stay tuned.

Did the Two Supergirls who fought in "The Premeditated Providence"
turn out evil no. Did Neil and her sister win in "Superman Nil – Ultra Woman Nell." No, but there is a great set up for the next chapter.

To be a great fighter you must beat a great opponent like Ali-Fraizer.
Same thing here. To be a great Superhero, you must best a great villain.
If only we knew which was which.

My point was that expected DKC to be a bit more on the "middle line" between the two, not to take such a defined side.

Sound good. Except for the shipping thing ... :wink:

More
07 Feb 2011 02:36 #21587 by ace191

So ACE I'm gonna ship it over to you by the end of the week. I'd appreciate any help you can throw its way. If your not too busy

I am guessing by "Help", you may be referring to getting some from my buddy, TGK.

Looking forward to seeing it!

More
07 Feb 2011 03:44 #21589 by d_k_c
Mmmm...Nope! As nice as that would be...I mean some real help. The more I write the worst I get. Wouldn't mind your expertise. =)

More
07 Feb 2011 04:24 #21592 by ace191
As always, glad to lend a hand!

More
08 Feb 2011 15:59 #21613 by JKIJ
Replied by JKIJ on topic Re: Good vs. Evil
My personal preference is for good girls rather than bad. The bad girls can certainly be hot and interesting, and I'll definitely read about them, but I prefer the good girls.

More
08 Feb 2011 16:40 #21618 by Greg
Replied by Greg on topic Re: Good vs. Evil
I like both. What I like most are superwomen who act out of character from time to time.

When a superwomen who acts mostly to serve her own wants and desires starts to feel compassion and protects people, she makes a much more interesting character than one who interacts with people only by exploiting them for her needs.

Similarly, when a superwoman who has dedicated her life to serving others decides to break the rules or blur the distinction between protection from bad guys and revenge, it adds great tension.

More
09 Feb 2011 02:30 #21628 by deathgeonous
Replied by deathgeonous on topic Re: Good vs. Evil
I totally agree with Greg there.

More
09 Feb 2011 06:41 #21633 by YAGS
Replied by YAGS on topic Re: Good vs. Evil
Definitely more of a bad girl fan. For me, it's all about the beautiful babes dominating those around them. But not on a planetary level or anything - definitely more into controlling individuals or small groups, where there's still a personal level of interaction, not just blowing away a city from a distance or anything like that.

More
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds