Amount

Abnormal Loads

13 May 2011 01:32 #23104 by The Highlander
Abnormal Loads was created by The Highlander
At the moment I’m working for a road management company and since last October one of my roles has been to assess proposed abnormal load movements (basically anything larger than a normal articulated truck). Most of these loads are very heavy, 50 – 60 ton trucks are normal while 100 ton vehicles are a daily occurrence. In addition, every so often I notified about a really special movement involving super heavy vehicles. The heaviest one I’ve seen so far is a 210 ton turbine for a power station, but a while ago there was a movement that involved an electricity substation that weighted well over 500 tons!

All of these heavy loads have got me thinking, wouldn’t it be great to have a supergirl heavy haulage company. Then, instead of needing huge nosy slow moving trucks to move these heavy loads you could just hire a sexy young woman to carry them, it would be much more efficient for the companies and it would look a lot better!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• The Highlander
  • The Highlander's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 May 2011 01:40 #23105 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Re: Abnormal Loads
I had a similar thread way back about that type of idea. It was about what an Ubergirl would do to make cash if she needed it and didn't just take what she wanted. Heavy construction, lifting a telescope to the top of a mountain, shuttling containers of stuff faster than FedEx, plugging oil leaks, putting out oil fires with her superbreath, etc.

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
13 May 2011 05:36 #23108 by inactive
Replied by inactive on topic Re: Abnormal Loads
It costs around $4000/pound to lift stuff into orbit. Any supergirl capable of safely delivering a payload into a stable orbit could make a pretty penny.

On the side, she could also clear up the trash that's orbiting the Earth and threatening to bring down our satellites sometime around 2030.

- GeekSeven

More
13 May 2011 14:34 #23115 by yohashuan
Replied by yohashuan on topic Re: Abnormal Loads
Boy am I glad this thread isn't about what I thought it was going to be about...

More
13 May 2011 22:30 #23124 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Re: Abnormal Loads
So... When can I come and film where you work. :)

More
20 May 2011 03:29 #23225 by The Highlander
Replied by The Highlander on topic Re: Abnormal Loads

It costs around $4000/pound to lift stuff into orbit. Any supergirl capable of safely delivering a payload into a stable orbit could make a pretty penny.

On the side, she could also clear up the trash that's orbiting the Earth and threatening to bring down our satellites sometime around 2030.

Good point, didn't you touch on this in one of your stories?

Random321 wrote: So... When can I come and film where you work. :)

I’m afraid there wouldn’t be much point; I only deal with the paper work, not any of the loads themselves. However here are links to some of the haulage companies galleries so you can see the sort of thing I’m talking about. Just imagine they are being moved by some hot young female and not huge trucks.

www.jbrawcliffe.com/70000/info.php?p=13&pno=0

ew-heavy-haulage.co.uk/assorted-heavy-haulage.htm

www.cadzowheavyhaulage.co.uk/gallery.html

• The Highlander
More
16 Jun 2011 13:45 #23653 by Newshound
Replied by Newshound on topic Re: Abnormal Loads
I have a similar fantasy :)

I work on oil rigs and every few weeks, they need to be moved to a new drilling site. This requires the rig being broken down into truck-sized loads. Large cranes and huge winch trucks are required.

Then it all needs to be put back together like a jigsaw puzzle. This is the hard spot because the heavy equipment needs to be placed in exactly the right spot. Quite difficult to finesse.

But I like to imagine someone like Lucy Pinder helping out, nudging massive equipment into place with a simple shove or lifting heavy loads onto a truck or sometimes lifting the trucks themselves when they get in her way :)

More
18 Jun 2011 21:24 #23671 by The Highlander
Replied by The Highlander on topic Re: Abnormal Loads

Newshound wrote: I have a similar fantasy :)

I work on oil rigs and every few weeks, they need to be moved to a new drilling site. This requires the rig being broken down into truck-sized loads. Large cranes and huge winch trucks are required.

Then it all needs to be put back together like a jigsaw puzzle. This is the hard spot because the heavy equipment needs to be placed in exactly the right spot. Quite difficult to finesse.

But I like to imagine someone like Lucy Pinder helping out, nudging massive equipment into place with a simple shove or lifting heavy loads onto a truck or sometimes lifting the trucks themselves when they get in her way :)

When I first read your comment I though at you were talking about off shore oil rigs, now seeing a supergirl moving one on those would be cool!

• The Highlander
More
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds