Amount

Bomb Appitite.

10 Aug 2011 09:09 #24331 by jimbob
Bomb Appitite. was created by jimbob
Swallowing grenades/bombs/explosives. Not something I see often. This is an interesting display of invulnerabilty that I think really makes the invulnerable part clear. Skin is supposed to protect the body, so an ubergirl with abilities scaled up by the thousands would naturally have hard as titanium skin. But it's one thing to see her shrug off explosions and firepower from a layer of skin designed to protect her. It's another to see her willingly throw a hazardous device right in the midst of her internal organs and still act like it didn't hurt at all. Cause if her "vulnerable" vitals are that tough, her skin must be even more so. Thus demonstrating that she really can't be hurt. At all.

Anyone think so?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jimbob
  • jimbob's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 Aug 2011 09:31 #24332 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Re: Bomb Appitite.
She would have to have a very wide mouth with a jaw she could manipulate. Hmm, other fantasies....

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
10 Aug 2011 10:17 #24335 by steelknight3000
Replied by steelknight3000 on topic Re: Bomb Appitite.
I like this one too, great way for her to show off her total invulnerability. The explosive could be very small or the super girl could be Amazon-sized (10-15 feet tall), or there could be a way to crush them down to size without setting them off. I also like it when she shows off by doing normally lethal things like drinking acid, chemicals, molten metal, breathing nerve gas, sucking on plutonium rods, etc.

More
10 Aug 2011 14:10 #24339 by yohashuan
Replied by yohashuan on topic Re: Bomb Appitite.
Whenever I read/see these kinds of scenes, I shudder because I genuinely can't get over thinking how horrid that stuff must taste.

Descriptions that try to make it seem like not that big of a deal (or even sugary sweet) just don't seem believable. I know that "believable" is a stupid thing to look for in this genre... but still... I can't help thinking about the way explosives and toxic stuff must taste.

Even the chewing and spitting of bullets - which is a frequent scene - makes me think it would probably be more like when you accidentally bite down on that bit of aluminum foil that got left on your sandwich because you were in a hurry to unwrap it and it squeaks like nails on a chalkboard.

But yeah it definitely does show that she's a badass for sure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steelknight3000

More
11 Aug 2011 06:23 #24361 by jnw550
Replied by jnw550 on topic Re: Bomb Appitite.
When I write that kind of thing into my stories, they usually aren't very impressed with the taste. So, I totally agree. ;)

More
11 Aug 2011 11:44 #24362 by davidelliot2000
Replied by davidelliot2000 on topic Re: Bomb Appitite.
I allways got off on the whole concept, including for me the other end of the digestive; super flatulance;caustic,superheated,and at superpressure.
Also superpee also caustic,and superheated,and superdense as well. Sorry if this grosses some folks out, but it has allways gone with the superdominitrix thing for me.

More
11 Aug 2011 21:47 #24369 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Re: Bomb Appitite.
As much as the invulnerable digestion can be great sometimes, it come very low in my list of superpowered scenes. Still, having a supergirl drinking acid or some kind of nuclear goo might be interesting, I must give it some thinking.

More
12 Aug 2011 09:07 #24382 by jimbob
Replied by jimbob on topic Re: Bomb Appitite.
Well I'm glad people agree. I don't see it come up often though, I suppose it could be difficult to portray.

• jimbob
  • jimbob's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 Aug 2011 16:35 #24391 by Artnico
Replied by Artnico on topic Re: Bomb Appitite.

jimbob wrote: Swallowing grenades/bombs/explosives. Not something I see often. This is an interesting display of invulnerabilty that I think really makes the invulnerable part clear. Skin is supposed to protect the body, so an ubergirl with abilities scaled up by the thousands would naturally have hard as titanium skin. But it's one thing to see her shrug off explosions and firepower from a layer of skin designed to protect her. It's another to see her willingly throw a hazardous device right in the midst of her internal organs and still act like it didn't hurt at all. Cause if her "vulnerable" vitals are that tough, her skin must be even more so. Thus demonstrating that she really can't be hurt. At all.

Anyone think so?

In one of my story chapter, STRONG GIRL do that easily !
;)

More
18 Aug 2011 08:00 #24457 by naked.superpower
Replied by naked.superpower on topic Re: Bomb Appitite.
Here's some pictures =D
done by this guy
marauder6272.deviantart.com/

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

• naked.superpower
More
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds