Amount

Comic Project

10 Feb 2012 01:32 #26153 by jnw550
Comic Project was created by jnw550
Currently I'm scripting a comic for someone and I'm a bit stuck for ideas.

The scene is at a gym where this is going to have a bit of innocent fun with a trainer. She starts by walking at blurring speed on a treadmill. Then we see her go through the workout modifying the exercises to superhuman levels. The scene is supposed to be over the top, so the sky is the limit. However I'm trying stay away from the typical girl lifts really heavy weight.

A few ideas are doing walking lunged along the ceiling. One finger puships without her feet touching the floor. Square in which she pushes the planet down instead of pressing her own weight up. (Like I said, over the top.)

Any other ideas I can consider?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jnw550
  • jnw550's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 Feb 2012 04:22 #26154 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Re: Comic Project
Another thing you might found interesting to do is some rope jumping using a massive chain or some steel cable. Obviously causing destruction in the process.

More
10 Feb 2012 05:20 #26155 by eJm
Replied by eJm on topic Re: Comic Project
This might fall into 'typical territory' but I'll leave that decision up to you, but what if she feels like she's not gaining anything from the gym and proceeds to just lift the gym for weights?

Especially if it's a huge gym, that'd be a kicker. :)

More
10 Feb 2012 05:25 #26156 by njae
Replied by njae on topic Re: Comic Project

jnw550 wrote: However I'm trying stay away from the typical girl lifts really heavy weight

How about this variation then? The woman stands in front of the heavy weight implying the typical super-weightlifting will follow. Then she performs a handstand on the weight and starts using it for reverse squats in midair - commenting that the hardest part is to stay hovering at the exact same spot.

• njae
  • Away
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 Feb 2012 05:36 #26157 by jnw550
Replied by jnw550 on topic Re: Comic Project

Anon wrote: Another thing you might found interesting to do is some rope jumping using a massive chain or some steel cable. Obviously causing destruction in the process.

I like that! Maybe even doing the exercise on the surface of the pool surprising the swimmers.

Some great ideas, everyone. I won't be able to use all of them, but at least it gets ball rolling.

• jnw550
More
10 Feb 2012 20:06 #26159 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Comic Project
Some visual reference for the "one finger pushup" idea:

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

More
10 Feb 2012 21:26 #26160 by jnw550
Get her horizontal and that's more of what I'm talking about.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yohashuan

• jnw550
More
10 Feb 2012 23:02 #26161 by Raa
Replied by Raa on topic Re: Comic Project
While a one fingure push-up is impressive for super strength, it would not take mega super strength. IMO it would take mega super balance to pull off a one fingure push-up.

What comic is that pic from and what is the charater name?

More
10 Feb 2012 23:04 #26162 by Raa
Joystick from Marvel.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joystick_(comics)

She would be a joy for some stick. Ok I know bad pun.

More
10 Feb 2012 23:35 #26163 by jnw550

Raa wrote: While a one fingure push-up is impressive for super strength, it would not take mega super strength. IMO it would take mega super balance to pull off a one fingure push-up.

What comic is that pic from and what is the charater name?

That's kind of the point. There are gym strength scenes galore in this genre so I'm trying to do things different.

This is what I got so far, let me know what you think and if you have any other ideas!

1: Splash page of the facade of some high tech gym. People are coming and going in and out of it.

2: Close up of Katsuko's happy face. Her hair is in a pony tail. Her eyes are looking down at something.

(Maybe another panel showing some outrageous readout of speed?)

3: View of her body from boobs to hips. She is wearing a tiny tube top and the tiniest workout shorts. Her hands are on her hips. There is smoke wafting from below.

4: Full view of Katsuko. Her legs are a blur as she is walking on some high tech treadmill which is obviously being over-taxed. A trainer is standing next to her with a clipboard in hand looking a bit overwhelmed. Katsuko is petting the top of his head.

Trainer: “Seven hours? Yeah, I'd say you're warmed up...”

5: Katsuko is in the bottom of a body weight squat, still smiling. The trainer is doing it with her.

6: Katsuko is standing. Everything, everybody, around her has been tossed off the ground like a bomb hit. There are visible cracks in the floor under her feet.

7: View of Earth with the sun barely eclipsed behind it.

8: Katsuko is in the bottom of the squat again.

9: View of Earth moved to the left or right.

10: Katsuko standing, the trainer on the ground confused.

(The idea of the squat scene is that she is moving the entire planet while she remains in place. Whatever is best to show this will suffice.)

11: Katsuko is doing one-finger push ups, her body is parallel to the ground, her feet aren't touching the ground. The trainer is sitting on her free hand. She is totally naked now and is having an orgasm.

Trainer: “636...637...ahem...63-awkward...”

Katsuko: “AUGH-HUH-Huh...”

12: Katsuko is lunging across the surface of the pool. She has a stack of plates in each hand over head with the trainer standing on top of one. People have stopped swimming and are confused.

13: Katsuko is standing on the ceiling with a fully loaded barbell in each hand curling them. (Not sure about this one? I want doing something on the ceiling, at least.)

14: Katsuko is jump roping on the wall with some heavy cable or chain which is chewing up the ground in behind her. (She is facing up). Trainer is standoff to her side.

Trainer: “Okay, show off. Let's go cool down and stretch.”

15: Katsuko is in this pose: (Image of chinese acrobat with feet over her head.)

Though her feet are facing more toward the viewer. She is balanced on an exercise ball. Her free hand is reaching up over her head to finger herself.

Katsuko: “Ugh-FUCK! I love stretchiiing!”
The following user(s) said Thank You: Katherine Dettwiller

• jnw550
More
10 Feb 2012 23:46 #26164 by Raa
Sounds interesting. The only thing I could see as a problem is if she moves the earth part.

1) The damage moving the earth would be incredible.
2) How would the earth move back when she recovers from the push. It would stay in the new location.

Maybe have her fly inches off the ground. The trick to this work out would be exercising her flight skill to keep her feet in the same place while doing the lifting. Control the flight and the lift without causing massive damage.

More
10 Feb 2012 23:48 #26165 by eJm
Replied by eJm on topic Re: Comic Project
Maybe she could realise, dash off and push the Earth back?

More
11 Feb 2012 00:04 - 11 Feb 2012 00:04 #26167 by jnw550

Raa wrote: Sounds interesting. The only thing I could see as a problem is if she moves the earth part.

1) The damage moving the earth would be incredible.
2) How would the earth move back when she recovers from the push. It would stay in the new location.

Maybe have her fly inches off the ground. The trick to this work out would be exercising her flight skill to keep her feet in the same place while doing the lifting. Control the flight and the lift without causing massive damage.

You are absolutely right, but the last thing we're going for here is realism. The whole scene is supposed to have a bit of a comical bent. She's very aware of what she's doing and it isn't really a discovery of power.

She'll be exercising her flight skill plenty by, doing lunges across the pool, jump roping against the wall, etc.

Thanks for you input!

With all these ideas, the comic might become a two-parter!
Last edit: 11 Feb 2012 00:04 by jnw550.

• jnw550
More
11 Feb 2012 00:05 #26168 by steelknight3000
Replied by steelknight3000 on topic Re: Comic Project
I like it! You could have her do a one finger handstand and have the earth shake for some seemingly inexplicable reason. We then realize she's pushing the planet along its orbit with her finger.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jnw550

More
11 Feb 2012 00:07 #26169 by jnw550

steelknight3000 wrote: I like it! You could have her do a one finger handstand and have the earth shake for some seemingly inexplicable reason. We then realize she's pushing the planet along its orbit with her finger.

That's certainly a thought.

I need something for her to do while standing on the ceiling... Not happy with what I got on that one.

• jnw550
More
11 Feb 2012 00:19 #26170 by steelknight3000
Super-speed crunches on the ceiling?
When is this comic coming out by the way?

More
11 Feb 2012 01:15 #26172 by jnw550
It will be a while.

Got to rewrite what you see into a comic script format. Then Shade has to fit it into his schedule. I have no doubt it will be months.

Maybe some sort of cable curl standing upside down on the ceiling?

• jnw550
More
11 Feb 2012 02:32 #26176 by steelknight3000
It could work, if she's standing on the ceiling and there's a massive weight on the floor.

More
17 Apr 2012 01:57 #26998 by Katherine Dettwiller
Replied by Katherine Dettwiller on topic Re: Comic Project
Please, let me know when this comic comes out.

• Katherine Dettwiller
More
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds