Amount

Charity Granting Super Powers

13 Nov 2013 05:26 #34228 by Berkhart
Charity Granting Super Powers was created by Berkhart

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Was imagining a nonprofit group specializing in turning women in developing nations into super powered dynamos. I figure like most good intentions, there's probably a mixture of good, along with unintended consequences. Might explore the idea a bit more in the future.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Woodclaw, yaracyrrah, veggicidal2, Ravens_ghost, hunterbr2001, BloodRayne89, Remdoj

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Berkhart
  • Berkhart's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 Nov 2013 07:29 #34232 by veggicidal2
Replied by veggicidal2 on topic Charity Granting Super Powers
Might make a fun story. I imagine a sexy woman from an oppressed country going on a rampage against the local rulers. Then I'd have her simply take their place as the next ruthless overlord. :)

More
13 Nov 2013 11:23 #34238 by njae
Replied by njae on topic Charity Granting Super Powers
Interesting idea. While it would clearly be helpful for those receiving this kind of blessing, the outcome could be a bit unclear. For such a charity to actually be genuine and working charity, the recipents would need to be chosen very wisely or else the situation vegicidal2 mentioned happens. And of course the whole things needs to stay as secret as possible or there might be a flood of less-than-worthy candidates.

Now imagine this being a secret charity and a nasty girl finding out about that and decides to fool the system into believing she was actually a saint held worthy of being super... Really an interesting idea.

More
13 Nov 2013 17:12 #34243 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Charity Granting Super Powers
I like this idea a lot too, it has potential to create many stories around it. I'll think about it.

More
14 Nov 2013 22:48 - 14 Nov 2013 23:08 #34276 by SuperLinks
Replied by SuperLinks on topic Charity Granting Super Powers

This image is hidden for guests.

The Power of SHE Foundation has come under fire recently for approving the application of two LA County teenagers. In December, Danielle and Nicole Cirruzzo requested powers for cleaning up a disaster that had devastated their local community. Unfortunately, the only disaster was the girls' shared room. President D. Berkhart, in an joint press conference with the LAPD, admitted that although there is way to physically revert the uber-teens, the SHE Foundation is actively exploring remedies, including an accelerated recruitment effort for
area law enforcement positions. "When I walk into the office in the morning, my first thought is always, 'Are these women getting the help they deserve?' The SHE Foundation, along with our network of partners, has lifted thousands of women across the world out of poverty and oppression. My biggest fear is that we're going to look someone over. We're revising our selection standards so that women everywhere can have a chance at a better life."

The SHE foundation has opened up a claims fund to assist families whose jobs and ways of life have been damaged by the devastating teenagers. Victims are encouraged to visit poshef.org for details.
Last edit: 14 Nov 2013 23:08 by SuperLinks. Reason: Link the image to its source.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slim36, Esteban, koopa, furbutt4, Monty, Remdoj

More
17 Nov 2013 16:02 #34322 by The Highlander
Replied by The Highlander on topic Charity Granting Super Powers
I suppose the risk would depend on just how much power each girl is given. If they end up being able to lift a couple of tones and proof against most small arms then it would still make a massive difference to their lives, without much risk of them managing to take over a country (any attempt would probably end when they met their first tank).

More
17 Nov 2013 17:25 #34323 by www1969
Replied by www1969 on topic Charity Granting Super Powers

The Highlander wrote: I suppose the risk would depend on just how much power each girl is given. If they end up being able to lift a couple of tones and proof against most small arms then it would still make a massive difference to their lives, without much risk of them managing to take over a country (any attempt would probably end when they met their first tank).

Yeah, not everybody in these sorts of stories has to be SUPER super. But the idea of a mysterious charity granting limited but still-pretty-keen superpowers would make for a fascinating anthology series.

More
17 Nov 2013 18:13 - 17 Nov 2013 18:15 #34324 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Charity Granting Super Powers
For what ever reason this thread reminds me a lot of this cartoon:)

Last edit: 17 Nov 2013 18:15 by castor.

More
20 Nov 2013 01:30 #34360 by Berkhart
Replied by Berkhart on topic Charity Granting Super Powers

The Highlander wrote: I suppose the risk would depend on just how much power each girl is given. If they end up being able to lift a couple of tones and proof against most small arms then it would still make a massive difference to their lives, without much risk of them managing to take over a country (any attempt would probably end when they met their first tank).

It is an interesting question! Honestly, my first thought was the women would be "Superman" level strong. Still, there's probably more interesting stories with a lower amount of super powers. Even if the powers are toned down to what you suggested, the question would be how many of these women are needed to truly tip the scales? For example, I believe a few thousand super girls in each developing nation would certainly have a big impact on those societies…and probably beyond.

As I kind of mentioned in the original post as well, I don't envision a totally good or evil wave in this scenario. Many will try to make a positive difference…many will be selfish and exploitive…and some will probably squander their gifts. For me, it's fun to imagine how it would all play out :)

• Berkhart
  • Berkhart's Avatar Topic Author
More
25 Mar 2015 18:37 #41143 by D_Berkhart
Replied by D_Berkhart on topic Charity Granting Super Powers
A new Power of SHE donation brochure.

This message has an attachment image.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ravens_ghost, furbutt4, Revan, KarkClent, Remdoj

More
26 Mar 2015 21:00 #41155 by D_Berkhart
Replied by D_Berkhart on topic Charity Granting Super Powers
And here's an older fundraising poster:

This message has an attachment image.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Woodclaw, slim36, furbutt4, Revan

More
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds