Amount

New she hulk series preview

23 Nov 2016 04:43 #51369 by elnovo1234
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, Agent00Soul, TwiceOnThursdays, LustMonster

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• elnovo1234
  • elnovo1234's Avatar Topic Author
More
23 Nov 2016 16:13 #51375 by Agent00Soul
Replied by Agent00Soul on topic New she hulk series preview
Cool - kind of looks like an updated version of the original Savage She-Hulk character.

More
24 Nov 2016 03:59 #51378 by MisterK
Replied by MisterK on topic New she hulk series preview
Very cool. :) I wouldn't mind knowing what exactly she's angry at. I mean, characterization and all.

More
24 Nov 2016 06:47 #51380 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic New she hulk series preview

MisterK wrote: Very cool. :) I wouldn't mind knowing what exactly she's angry at. I mean, characterization and all.

In the recent Civil War II -- an inhuman could predict the future. He predicted Thanos would attack PRoject Pegasus and steal fragments of a cosmic cube. So a bunch of heroes, including Jen went to stop him.

In the fight, War Machine was killed, and Thanos grieviously injured Jen. She was in a coma for the rest of the series.

In the middle of the series, the inhuman predicted that Banner would Hulk out and kill most of the heroes (at the time Banner had been "cured" by Amadeus Cho, who is the current Teen Hormonal Hulk). Banner couldn't transform at all, and was supposedly fine, but Banner didn't think so. He was performing questionable experiments meant to keep him cured (and the stuff he was working with concerned some of the heroes present that what he was doing could return him to being the hulk...)

Part of Banner's planning was he gave Hawkeyes a special arrow and said "If it looks like I"m turning into the Hulk again, shoot me with this, it will kill me".

So, when the Heroes confronted banner, Hawkeye thought he saw him start to change (which the vision said he'd then kill everyone) ... so Hawkeye killed him like Banner had asked him to.

Jen wakes up after being in a coma for a long time to find out that her cured cousin who she loves a lot was killed by Hawkeye. And that Hawkeye walked on the charges (found not guilty).

There is also a lot of anger caught up in getting injured. And the guilt that she lived, and Banner is dead, and that she wasn't there to help him. THere is a mix of betrayal by her friends. Not to mention the toxic post-Civil War II atmosphere. (The entire Civil War II coudl have been solved if people had spent some time actually TALKINg to one another, and making sure to talk to people familiar with prophecy.)

So she's angry about how everyone acted w/o her around. Angry that her cousin was killed. Angry she couldn't help him. Likely angry that Hawkeye was found not-guilty. Angry her friends (A-Force) had a big fight/falling out while she was in a coma ... There might even bit a bit of brain trauma to go with the mental trauma, she was in a coma for awhile, and any normal physical injury would have healed quickly (hulks heal very fast)....

Oh, and Thanos pretty much did what he wanted to anyway, so even getting injured and having War Machine killed was pretty much pointless.

But that's the background going into the series, they'll likely build on that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Agent00Soul

More
26 Nov 2016 18:50 #51415 by Agent00Soul
Replied by Agent00Soul on topic New she hulk series preview
Thanks for that thorough recap!

All that soap opera reminds me why the Marvel cinematic universe is so much more mainstream than the comics are at this point. So much easier to follow....

Glad Jen has her own comic again though.

More
28 Nov 2016 01:29 #51427 by elnovo1234
Replied by elnovo1234 on topic New she hulk series preview
The following user(s) said Thank You: slim36, algae2k, Ravens_ghost, aguilauno, LustMonster

• elnovo1234
  • elnovo1234's Avatar Topic Author
More
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds