Amount

Brawna.org updates

25 Nov 2016 21:29 #51404 by Biggirllover5463
Brawna.org updates was created by Biggirllover5463
Hey guys. First timer here. I've been trying to find authors and stories from a site called brawna.org. Apparently site is down . Any suggestions or links to some of their material would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Biggirllover5463
  • Biggirllover5463's Avatar Topic Author
More
25 Nov 2016 21:59 #51405 by circes_cup
Replied by circes_cup on topic Brawna.org updates
Most of the authors are on DeviantArt or over here. Fonk is on DA as Fonk47. Steve the Z is on DA as Steveabc. Arie is on DA as Ariecle. Dru is on DA as Dru1076 but also here. I post on DA but am more active here. Lingster (the founder of Brawna) is also on DA.

Dru runs a group on DA (FMG stories, I believe) that will lead you to many others.

More
27 Nov 2016 10:45 #51421 by fats
Replied by fats on topic Brawna.org updates
I don't think Brawna will ever come back.

Fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
28 Nov 2016 01:50 #51428 by www1969
Replied by www1969 on topic Brawna.org updates
The Wayback Machine is pretty good if all you want to do is read the stories that once lived there:

web.archive.org/web/20150206091338/http:...wna.org/stories-list
The following user(s) said Thank You: thedoc9, LustMonster

More
28 Nov 2016 03:43 #51429 by Dru1076
Replied by Dru1076 on topic Brawna.org updates
I don't mourn the loss of Brawna as much as I should, because the reaction from the admin to queries about it was so poorly handled (literally telling people to stfu) and there is so little evidence of it ever returning I haven't even checked to see if the site is back in months, and hadn't thought about it for nearly as long. A great library has been largely lost, and sadly not entirely captured by the way back machine, and for that I'm always gonna miss it. I think Fats is right...Brawna is gone for good.

The tale of Brawna is a good reminder how awesome Fats and the team are. Not only does the team put in a great effort, we are lucky to have this place run by some very pleasant individuals. Other forums are not nearly so well run as this one, and makes it clear to me the main reason SWM is still going strong is the dedication and hard work of Fats, Lfan, Woodclaw, and others. We are lucky to have such an awesome and approachable team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Woodclaw, five_red, cbaby

More
28 Nov 2016 05:09 #51430 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Brawna.org updates
I'm going to second the mention on how awesome the SWM team is here.

They listen, they care. They regularly talk to us about things on the site (like the Peril thread). We hold interesting contests. If you are upset about how something was handled, they're open to listening (might still not get the response you wanted, but they'll listen.) I can personally attest that when I was upset about something, I sent off a note and I got a response, and they listened to what I said. I'd not been here long at the time either, and I took that as a sign they were REALLY interested in constantly making SWM better. This is a rare and valuable trait for a community like this one.

I think the biggest distinction between SWM and Brawna is it's run by a TEAM and not one guy. Not sure what the story of the downfall of Brawna is, but it's also coincided with him posting less on DA (etc). Sometimes things happen, and then it's hard to keep up. If the wrong things happen to someone, then it's easy to let something fall through the cracks. It's also easy when that happens to be rude to people asking you about such things (after a bit I can imagine it feels like people attacking you even when they're being polite).

With a team, if one person is overloaded, others can pick up the slack. Or at least notice, and then make other arrangements.

As I said, I don't know what happened. But I do think Lingster is one guy, and it's pretty easy for life to crush one guy and have things come unglued. Having had a hard time a decade ago dealing with my father dying, I try to remember that when I see something like this.

But it does make you realize who special this place is. Hm... budget is tight now, but I need to remember to donate in Jan/Feb.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Woodclaw, Dru1076, kshoo

More
28 Nov 2016 09:27 #51431 by Dru1076

TwiceOnThursdays wrote: I'm going to second the mention on how awesome the SWM team is here.

They listen, they care. They regularly talk to us about things on the site (like the Peril thread). We hold interesting contests. If you are upset about how something was handled, they're open to listening (might still not get the response you wanted, but they'll listen.) I can personally attest that when I was upset about something, I sent off a note and I got a response, and they listened to what I said. I'd not been here long at the time either, and I took that as a sign they were REALLY interested in constantly making SWM better. This is a rare and valuable trait for a community like this one.

I think the biggest distinction between SWM and Brawna is it's run by a TEAM and not one guy. Not sure what the story of the downfall of Brawna is, but it's also coincided with him posting less on DA (etc). Sometimes things happen, and then it's hard to keep up. If the wrong things happen to someone, then it's easy to let something fall through the cracks. It's also easy when that happens to be rude to people asking you about such things (after a bit I can imagine it feels like people attacking you even when they're being polite).

With a team, if one person is overloaded, others can pick up the slack. Or at least notice, and then make other arrangements.

As I said, I don't know what happened. But I do think Lingster is one guy, and it's pretty easy for life to crush one guy and have things come unglued. Having had a hard time a decade ago dealing with my father dying, I try to remember that when I see something like this.

But it does make you realize who special this place is. Hm... budget is tight now, but I need to remember to donate in Jan/Feb.

I wasn't really trying to put the boot into the might Lingster. Brawna was a great resource, and I'll always be grateful to anyone who does as much as he did with Brawna. There were a lot of stories not to my taste, and a lot of stories I enjoyed that you won't find here. Fortunately, many of the really good ones are hidden away in Diana the Valkyrie's library. Here is one the bestest examples of a story I can think of from Brawna:

www.thevalkyrie.com/stories/1misc31/megan_00.txt
www.thevalkyrie.com/stories/1misc31/megan_01.txt
www.thevalkyrie.com/stories/1misc31/megan_02.txt
www.thevalkyrie.com/stories/1misc31/megan_03.txt
www.thevalkyrie.com/stories/1misc31/megan_04.txt
www.thevalkyrie.com/stories/1misc31/megan_05.txt
www.thevalkyrie.com/stories/1misc31/megan_06.txt

But I'm not sure the rest of the series is there. I do have a copy...so pm me if you want the whole story. If that's the sort of story you're after, OP, I can point you toward a few more.

More
28 Nov 2016 10:37 #51432 by Biggirllover5463
Replied by Biggirllover5463 on topic Brawna.org updates
ThNks Dru. I appreciate all the feedback. Being new here let me just state that this site is fantastic. I love the variety of authors and stories . Dru u r one of my favorites(Constantine's portal is my favorite of yours). Being a fan of slender ubergirls I can find most of my favorites in that genre. The site layout is very user friendly and the forum discussions are cool as well. This has absolutely become my go to resource for anything ubergirl. Reason why I mention brawna is there was a particular writer over there who had some awesome stories involving overpowered slender supergirls by the name of randomizer. Can't find anything anywhere including DA.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dru1076

• Biggirllover5463
  • Biggirllover5463's Avatar Topic Author
More
28 Nov 2016 12:30 #51436 by Dru1076
I recall Randomiser's stuff...but don't have any saved. Someone else might have a bootleg sitting around somewhere, and this is probably the best place to ask.

If you haven't already...and this is a tip for ALL maniacs...get onto the Wayback Machine and enter conceptfan.com ... Not for the main stories, which are all available at his current site, but for the links. There you will find the gateway to many an old uberbabe site. I strongly recommend checking out conceptfan's epic blog, and Julie of Velor has many incredibly good stories. If you go to a crawl of conceptfan's site from around 2004-5 you should find a link page that works.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dante1265

More
28 Nov 2016 17:03 #51437 by dante1265
Replied by dante1265 on topic Brawna.org updates
Been missing Randomizer's stuff as well, thanks a lot for the tip *diving into the dusty archives of the Internet*

More
28 Nov 2016 18:42 #51439 by cwmoss
Replied by cwmoss on topic Brawna.org updates
Someone (Taktak) over at an Amazon Women Forum that shall not be mentioned posted a link to what appears to be ALL of the stories from the Brawna site zipped up in a 33.843M tar package.

They are in html format with no file extension:

www106.zippyshare.com/v/RzFkpl56/file.html

Anyone know a way to organize, access and search through these?

Here is taktak's original post:

Quote:
I'm sure most of you by now have heard how -b r a w n a . o r g- disappeared from the internet a little while back. And I'm sure most of you have also recently found out that the web archives for that site seemed to have been cleared out as well.

Lucky for us though, some anon on /r9k/ seemed to have taken the time to download, format, and archive each and every story into one lump file for our enjoyment. I don't know how up to date the collection is before -b r a w n a- disappeared but it seems pretty complete. Each story is in html format and there seems to be no real issue with the text layout or format that I can see so far.

Pretty lucky find all things considered. Just download, unzip/extract, and you should have a full story archive with all the auther/uploaders names, dates of uploads, and story tags that go with them. Enjoy.

OK with that out of the way. Some of us have started and archive of the stories at Amazonlove.org:
www.amazonlove.org/phpBB3/viewforum.php?...fe2ccbebfcce12afda04

I don't know if you have to be logged in to view this section but there is a big problem with this site that when you try to sign up the site is supposed to send a validation request to your email address and a lot of people are not receiving their email confirmation from the site and therefor cannot join.

If anyone has a problem with this please let me know and I will relay the issue to the mods at amazonlove.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ravens_ghost

More
28 Nov 2016 20:38 #51442 by Caylane
Replied by Caylane on topic Brawna.org updates
Fats and the rest of the mod team.

You the real mvp ;)

More
28 Nov 2016 21:08 #51444 by TwiceOnThursdays

cwmoss wrote: Someone (Taktak) over at an Amazon Women Forum that shall not be mentioned posted a link to what appears to be ALL of the stories from the Brawna site zipped up in a 33.843M tar package.

They are in html format with no file extension:

www106.zippyshare.com/v/RzFkpl56/file.html

Anyone know a way to organize, access and search through these?

I'd love to look at this, but i'm not touching Zippyshare with a 100 foot pole. I click the "Download Now" button and it says I need flash. Fair enough, I don't leave flash installed.

I look at the flash installer it forced on me. It does not download the flash installer. That is it's not the installer that comes from Adobe. And this is easily demonstrated by comparing it to the real thing: Wrong Icon, wrong file name on the dmg, mounted volumn has wrong name, and the internals of the installer are different.

But, to be sure, I went to Adobe and installed the latest flash and restarted my brower, and tested Flash. (I don't leave it installed). When I went back, it STILL told me I needed flash and gave me the fake installer.

REPEAT: It IS not the Adobe Flash installer, it's a cheaply hacked installer. You're braver than I am if you install this. (I'm not motivated enough to spin up a VM and install it to see what evils it does).

I'm on a mac, but I'd be just as skeptical about anything it wanted you to install on a PC if they've taken the time to do this for OS X. Also NEVER EVER install Flash that you didn't go download from the Adobe Web Site directly. Flash is bad enough.

cwmoss wrote: OK with that out of the way. Some of us have started and archive of the stories at Amazonlove.org:
www.amazonlove.org/phpBB3/viewforum.php?...fe2ccbebfcce12afda04

I don't know if you have to be logged in to view this section but there is a big problem with this site that when you try to sign up the site is supposed to send a validation request to your email address and a lot of people are not receiving their email confirmation from the site and therefor cannot join.

If anyone has a problem with this please let me know and I will relay the issue to the mods at amazonlove.

This on the other hand looks pretty awesome.

More
28 Nov 2016 22:11 #51445 by dante1265
All I got from it was the .tar.gz with the story archive. Maybe it targets specific OS? I am on Ubuntu XX, did not see anything fishy. That said, my adblocker appearently had a lot to do.

Dante

More
28 Nov 2016 22:26 - 28 Nov 2016 22:26 #51446 by fats
Replied by fats on topic Brawna.org updates
If anyone wants the file and does not want to use the link provided, use the chat system and I'll send you the file.

Fats
Last edit: 28 Nov 2016 22:26 by fats.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raa

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
28 Nov 2016 22:38 #51447 by dante1265
Same goes for me, will still be online for an hour or so.

More
29 Nov 2016 00:17 #51448 by TwiceOnThursdays
I looked through the archive. The files are all html files w/o the suffix (.html).

The archive is also not complete. I know I posted some stories there, and I didn't see them in the archive. My guess is it's complete up to some point.

They open fine in a web-browser, but have a lot of cruft around the story. I spent a few minutes with a python xml parser (basically a wrapper round xpath) and found I could parse out:

- the title
- the author
- the text of the story. (including properly handling characters that were screwed up in the original input. Basically, all the smart quotes/etc were munged even in the html. (Though I suspect they display fine on Windows.)

I wrote a short python program to pull that out and write out a text file named after the title. I didn't bother with keeping a line width -- one P block -> one line. I put an extra return after each line as it seemed more legible that way.

That produced a giant directory of 2,392 files (I didn't keep the sub-directories) that's 40 MB in size. I spot checked a bunch of the files and they seemed correct.

I can zip up the archive, but I don't think it's appropriate to share here. OTH if someone knows how to get that to where it was originally shared from, that might work if people are interested in it. I could easily make some changes to the output and format.

I'd give you the python program -- but I think that's a bad time if you're not python savvy. You'll need a bunch of modules, and it's pretty much assuming linux as I didn't make python parse the directory tree, i used unix find to pass me the files (sure there is some windows way to do that... but do not ask me). I'll freely share the code if people are interested. (It's not very sexy or well written, but it works.)

I also hardcoded the output directory to a path on my harddrive. ;-)

I also could have messed up a bunch of the files, I'd have no idea, they SEEM OK, but I'm relying on them being roughly the same and that might not be true. At least it pulled out a legible title for every file.

More
29 Nov 2016 07:28 #51451 by circes_cup
Replied by circes_cup on topic Brawna.org updates

Dru1076 wrote: I wasn't really trying to put the boot into the might Lingster. Brawna was a great resource, and I'll always be grateful to anyone who does as much as he did with Brawna. There were a lot of stories not to my taste, and a lot of stories I enjoyed that you won't find here. Fortunately, many of the really good ones are hidden away in Diana the Valkyrie's library. Here is one the bestest examples of a story I can think of from Brawna:

www.thevalkyrie.com/stories/1misc31/megan_00.txt
www.thevalkyrie.com/stories/1misc31/megan_01.txt
www.thevalkyrie.com/stories/1misc31/megan_02.txt
www.thevalkyrie.com/stories/1misc31/megan_03.txt
www.thevalkyrie.com/stories/1misc31/megan_04.txt
www.thevalkyrie.com/stories/1misc31/megan_05.txt
www.thevalkyrie.com/stories/1misc31/megan_06.txt

But I'm not sure the rest of the series is there. I do have a copy...so pm me if you want the whole story. If that's the sort of story you're after, OP, I can point you toward a few more.

this story appears to go 15 chapters here: www.giantessworld.net/viewstory.php?sid=2612&index=1

And the author appears to be on DA. Thanks for the suggestion , Dru!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dru1076, Ravens_ghost, Biggirllover5463

More
30 Nov 2016 04:42 #51463 by cwmoss
Yeah, I know downloading from these flaky free archiving sites is very risky. They often send you tricky miss-directs to try to fool you into installing their add-ware or worse. And then the fact that a zip or I guess even a tar file can easily hide some bad executable malware.
You shouldn't have to install flash to download. That must be a viral re-direct from the site, sorry about that.
I didn't mean to set you guys up or anything. I download from these sites a lot and know the risks and didn't think to warn everyone. But again I abuse my PC pretty badly and do have to do a operating system reinstall every once in a while.
Me and a few guys downloaded this a while ago and have been using it. I don't know who uploaded it I found it posted on a Sardus forum with the message that I included with my original post.
It took me a while to learn how to use it. I am a big story buff so I will spend a lot of time trying to find old and new stuff that I enjoy.
I unzipped the whole file onto my hard drive using Winzip I think. Then I browse the folders for what I'm looking for just using widows native file system and then on my Windows machine I right click the file and choose "open with" and use an internet browser to open it.
If you don't like the zippyshare site I can try to upload to Mega.nl. I've been having good luck there lately but this file might be too big for Mega.
Man I really miss Brawna. I see a lot of activity at saradas but I hate to support a pirate site like that.

More
30 Nov 2016 05:32 #51464 by cwmoss
Phoenix wants to start Brawna 2.0:
amaz0ns.com/forum/Writing-QA/120262-brawna-2-0

More
30 Nov 2016 20:39 #51471 by cbaby
Replied by cbaby on topic Brawna.org updates
With these sites I copy the links into jdownloader2 and it avoids all the mess of the adverts etc.

More
09 Dec 2017 01:46 #57583 by champE0316
Replied by champE0316 on topic Brawna.org updates
where can i find some stories by randomizer like the other parts to no longer afraid of her power

More
09 Dec 2017 18:05 #57597 by cwmoss
The wayback machine Browna.org December 08, 2015. Click on the Author you want and then choose "track".
Or see if this link works:
web.archive.org/web/20151208003438/http:...ber/randomizer/track
The following user(s) said Thank You: AuGoose

More
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds