Amount

Justice League News

22 May 2017 23:37 #54235 by JAG81
Justice League News was created by JAG81
Hey all,
I wanted to let everyone know of some sad news. Zack Snyder has officially stepped down from the Justice League movie. Joss Whedon will take over to finish the film and handle all the reshoots that are upcoming.

While we all know the movie track record of both Snyder an Whedon some would say this could be a good thing for the movie, while that may be true it is all happening for the wrong reasons.

It is now known that in March 2017, Zack Snyder's daughter committed suicide at the age of 20 and he has kept it secret until now. He feels now is the time to deal with this family tragedy but does not what the movie delayed.

My thoughts go out to the Snyder family after this terrible tragedy.

Zack Snyder Steps Down From Justice League Movie

JAG

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2017 00:07 #54237 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Justice League News
Whatever one feels about Zack Snyder's movies and his DCEU movies in particular -- the circumstances are utterly horrible and my heart goes out to him and his family.

At the end of the day, there were already planned reshoots that Whedon helped write, and Whedon will just take over filming those and getting the final cut done. He's capable of making that happen, though the ultimate release probably won't be quite what Snyder wanted nor will the movie be what Whedon would have done. (I'm guessing he'll try to follow Synder's wishes on what to do, which is probably easier than following Marvel's edicts) Props to Whedon for being a great guy and stepping up to give Snyder some time to spend with his family. After Avengers 2, the last thing he wanted to do is take over a movie this size.

More
23 May 2017 00:21 #54241 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Justice League News
Family comes first.
He is doing the right thing for his family right now.
I respect his decision.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rednecko

More
23 May 2017 11:26 #54250 by kikass2014
Replied by kikass2014 on topic Justice League News

Family comes first.

Always.

Over the years I have given Snyder a lot of stick, and certainly don't respect him as a film maker per se. But in this, he has my utmost respect, and I certainly wish him all the best in this hardest of times.

A silver lining, if one can find one in a situation such as this, is that, imo, the film couldn't be in better hands. And while Whedon will pull everything together, the film will still ultimately belong to Snyder imo.

Peace.

/K

More
23 May 2017 14:44 #54253 by smoki07
Replied by smoki07 on topic Justice League News
I'm sure Whedon gonna do a good job. Snyder needs really time for him & his family for this personal tragedy. God bless him & his entourage.

More
23 May 2017 15:46 #54257 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic Justice League News
Outside of some slime balls at various sites, I am pleased that most have not used this news to shit on Snyder and their dislike of his films. Some take the hate for him way too far and make it way too personal. In fact, just yesterday before this news broke, one critic/blogger insulted Zach's deceased mother. I mean, who does that?

Anyway, I'm going to go hug my son and daughter now. I cannot imagine outliving one of them and having to go through the pain that Snyder and his family are going through right now.

By the way, Justice League is still going to be Snyder's movie. All Whedon is doing is directing some additional scenes Zach wanted that Whedon wrote and finishing up post production.

More
23 May 2017 18:55 #54264 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Justice League News

jdrock24 wrote: Outside of some slime balls at various sites, I am pleased that most have not used this news to shit on Snyder and their dislike of his films. Some take the hate for him way too far and make it way too personal. In fact, just yesterday before this news broke, one critic/blogger insulted Zach's deceased mother. I mean, who does that?

I have a few names for a character like that, none that I would repeat in polite company.
The following user(s) said Thank You: aguilauno

More
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds