Amount

Why don't you post???

16 Sep 2018 06:03 #61158 by marcoasalazarm2
Replied by marcoasalazarm2 on topic Why don't you post???
Honestly? I can't think of anything to write that fits this particular location, especially in terms of stories.
The topic has been locked.
More
16 Sep 2018 07:44 #61159 by njae
Replied by njae on topic Why don't you post???

jasminevancroft wrote:

brantley wrote:

jasminevancroft wrote: Because 99% of this site revolves around Super Girl, and I think DC really really sucks.

Plus this place is kind of a boys club and people don't like when I post my opinions.

A real woman instead of just another guy using a woman's pict? I'd love to see what you have to say!

--Brantley

No one else seems to. I think this site is too obsessed with laser eyes, choke holds, super breath, and lifting heavy things. Even in the videos posted by others trying to profit off of the SWM fanbase, that's all there ever is. I've made sexy videos with my wife (no you cannot see them) using sexier powers like walking through walls, teleportation, cloning, and floating without a green screen back drop. 

So yeah ... same old same old around SWM. I mean, to each their own, but I can think of at least a dozen superpowers that are way sexier and more appealing.

While I do agree that this site/community puts a very heavy focus on DC Characters, Supergirl in particular, I don't really see the obsession with "laser eyes, choke holds, super breath, and lifting heavy things". That feels more like the stuff that can easily be put into videos. Here, the focus seems to be a bit more on the Evil Ubergirl side of things, which means using the aforementioned powers for decidedly non-sexy things.

On the other hand there is a certain variety here, so not all stories and members are like that. Personally, I find floating to be way more sexy than superbreath, heat vision or super strength.
More
18 Sep 2018 13:58 #61226 by conceptfan
Replied by conceptfan on topic Why don't you post???
Sorry, I know Fats told the likes of me not to post here, but I feel compelled to respond...

jasminevancroft wrote: Because 99% of this site revolves around Super Girl, and I think DC really really sucks.

99% is a huge exaggeration I think.  Personally, I'm not into comics (gasp) or the superhero films of the past decade (gasp) or the Supergirl TV show (choke).  But there's plenty here besides to keep me hanging around.  Big love to the many folks who are into those things.  The world and this website are big enough for us all...

jasminevancroft wrote: Plus this place is kind of a boys club

No arguing there.  To some extent it's the nature of the beast (the site is dedicated to fans of superWOMEN, it's not too surprising that hetero fan boys make up the bulk of its constituency) but it would be great to hear more female voices in the discussions.  More perspectives would make the forums more interesting,  That can only happen if more non-males contribute and post...

jasminevancroft wrote: and people don't like when I post my opinions.

I can't help but feel a (tiny) bit offended by being included in this passive-aggressive scatter-gun generalisation.  Who are these "people"?  How do you know they don't like when you post your opinions?  And why should you or I care?  Screw them! (whoever they are) Post your opinions!!

Oh, and a massive "Hi" to all the lurkers, especially the ones who only come here to read the stories.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, Sarge395, Wotan45, Ravens_ghost, SCOTT R, TwiceOnThursdays, eric328
More
18 Sep 2018 19:57 - 18 Sep 2018 19:58 #61249 by jasminevancroft
Replied by jasminevancroft on topic Why don't you post???

I can't help but feel a (tiny) bit offended by being included in this passive-aggressive scatter-gun generalisation.  Who are these "people"?  How do you know they don't like when you post your opinions?  And why should you or I care?  Screw them! (whoever they are) Post your opinions!!.

You were offended about my opinion that i said "people" don't like when I post my opinion ... then went on to say "screw them!"

So effectively, you told me to tell you: "screw you".

This is why I don't post.
Last edit: 18 Sep 2018 19:58 by jasminevancroft.
More
18 Sep 2018 20:00 - 18 Sep 2018 20:08 #61250 by jasminevancroft
Also the fact that four people LIKED your post is another reason I don't post: the gang up mentality on this site in regards to women.

SITE: "Why don't you post?"
ME: "Cuz I feel like every time I post, people try to tear up my opinions and tell me I'm wrong."
YOU: "You're wrong, and let me tell you why."
EVERYONE ELSE: "Yeah! Get her! ... teach her to post again. Ha ha ha!"

You want them to be POWERFUL ... but not EMPOWERED.
Last edit: 18 Sep 2018 20:08 by jasminevancroft.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pwnmawn
More
18 Sep 2018 20:27 #61252 by fats
Replied by fats on topic Why don't you post???
JVC, thanks for your input into this thread but it would be great for others to have their input if you want to discuss with me any particular issue you can always reach me on the discord server.

So what are others site issues that will prevent you or are discouraging you from posting?

Fats
  • fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 Sep 2018 20:32 #61255 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Why don't you post???

jasminevancroft wrote:

I can't help but feel a (tiny) bit offended by being included in this passive-aggressive scatter-gun generalisation.  Who are these "people"?  How do you know they don't like when you post your opinions?  And why should you or I care?  Screw them! (whoever they are) Post your opinions!!.

You were offended about my opinion that i said "people" don't like when I post my opinion ... then went on to say "screw them!"

I'm probably going to regret this but....

That was a strange way to connect the dots.  I read it as he was basically defending your opinions (while pointing out snarkily/cutely that 'everyone here' cannot really mean everyone here).  The fact four people liked it probably liked his advice to post your opinions even if people disagree with them

ElF
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, SCOTT R
More
18 Sep 2018 21:14 #61261 by conceptfan
Replied by conceptfan on topic Why don't you post???

jasminevancroft wrote:

JvC,  believe me, you've taken my words to mean pretty much the exact opposite of what I intended.  I can only apologise for not expressing myself adequately.  You're very welcome to say "screw you" to me if you disagree with me.  It doesn't matter.  I was trying to say that I don't not like it when you post your opinions and that I'd be happier if more people with differing opinions/contributions posted on these forums, yourself included.  Sorry again for not making myself clear enough.

jasminevancroft wrote: Also the fact that four people LIKED your post is another reason I don't post: the gang up mentality on this site in regards to women.

ME: "Cuz I feel like every time I post, people try to tear up my opinions and tell me I'm wrong."

You want them to be POWERFUL ... but not EMPOWERED.

OK.   Maybe those 4 people picked up on the inclusiveness I was trying to imply in my response.  I genuinely thought I was offering you support with the whole "screw them! Post your opinions!" thing.  I can't speak for the 4 likers but it might be that they were joining with me in offering that support - the complete opposite of "gang up mentality".  I am an insensitive hetero male from the 1970s so I accept I probably have missed something here.  Rather than me blithely denying that it has ever happened, could you PM me with some examples of ganging up in regards to women on these forums so I can re-examine my conscience and learn to be a bit less tactless?

I'm surprised by your conclusions as laid out in the mini-play.  Please do not take people joining you in discussion or countering your opinions with their own as aggression.  People - you, me, everyone here - should be able to put down their opinions, give their reasons, and expect that others may not agree.

Your final line is thought-provoking (which is my way of saying I am glad you posted it.).  Sure, I'm disappointed to see it applied to me, but if that's what you think, that is your right.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, SCOTT R
More
18 Sep 2018 22:51 - 18 Sep 2018 23:44 #61265 by Bert
Replied by Bert on topic Why don't you post???

"Also the fact that four people LIKED your post is another reason I don't post: the gang up mentality on this site in regards to women.

You want them to be POWERFUL ... but not EMPOWERED."

This seems like an appropriate time to point out that being a woman does not provide absolute protection against coming off like a jerk. Playing the sexist card within the context of this discussion is unwarranted. Most any conversation is going to be improved by a greater diversity of input. There are women who bring fascinating and positive perspectives to discussions on peril sites. But if your comments are tripwire critical, you take people's meanings the wrong way and you cry about oppression, you're gonna get called out on it exactly as anyone else would. Consider the possibility that people react badly to your posts because your posts are rude and judgemental, not because of your gender.
Last edit: 18 Sep 2018 23:44 by Woodclaw.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Woodclaw, SCOTT R, jnw550
More
19 Sep 2018 01:29 #61270 by Helstar
Replied by Helstar on topic Why don't you post???

jasminevancroft wrote: So effectively, you told me to tell you: "screw you".

As said above, this seems a bit of a misunderstanding. He was trying to actually support you and your freedom of expressing opinions.

That said, it's true that sometimes I've noticed that some users start to be very aggressive on some subjects when the matter of discussion is not of their liking.

In my own experience, i remember talking about TheSuperheroines videos (ex Heroine Legends etc.), and one guy in particular even went as far as saying that it should be illegal doing those videos and other very extreme remarks, i thought that was hysterical and way over the top... but what can we do :D
More
19 Sep 2018 03:50 - 19 Sep 2018 03:54 #61274 by jasminevancroft
Again. Why i don't post.

Things like this happen.

I reply to a topic. 

People get butt hurt and act like I shit in their pool.

I guess I'll just quit this site and the discord as well since I'm so rude.
Last edit: 19 Sep 2018 03:54 by jasminevancroft.
More
19 Sep 2018 05:14 - 19 Sep 2018 05:19 #61276 by Helstar
Replied by Helstar on topic Why don't you post???
I genuinely think you're overreacting here, there's no point in taking it that way, believe me ;) maybe it's because i'm 44 years old (next month) and a lot wiser now, but i don't let these minor issues bother me anymore, for example: i mostly laughed at that guy i referred above (as in "really ? you so triggered ? LOL !" and kept talking no problems)
Last edit: 19 Sep 2018 05:19 by Helstar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, SCOTT R
More
19 Sep 2018 15:47 #61286 by Dru1076
Replied by Dru1076 on topic Why don't you post???

harrycane wrote:

fats wrote:

harrycane wrote: I've been here for quite a while .and visit pretty much every day. I am very specifically interested in the power of superbreath, and comment on threads involving that sometimes. Unfortunately, there isn't much for me to comment on very often. I might have to launch a superbreath lobby group on here! :-D I think I'd find quite a few supporters! ;-)

have you checked out he discord server, there is a dedicated channel for superbreath.

Fats

Hey fats, thanks for the hint! I am not familiar with discord servers, but I will try to find that channel. Does it have a specific name? Thanks a lot!

I see that getting more involved here really does pay off! :-D

It certainly can pay off in unexpected ways to make posts, and I'd like to highlight this post to get back to the spirit of the Fat's OP. If your new or just a lurker with interests in certain powers you are almost certain to find someone here with a similar interest. Even if you think it's too crazy, I love reading posts about powers I would've never otherwise thought of myself. For example, intangibility. That has always been more of a disempowering notion to me, because you're not influencing the world if you are just a ghost. I'd rather get though walls the old fashioned way. What? I'm talking about doors! Okay...that's a lie. I'm talking about smashing through them. But when I read someone talking about how being intangible of sexy and hot, and I then go read stories this post perhaps mentions, I can understand how moving through solid objects CAN be a deeply powerful ability.

Such posts can lead to interesting discoveries and are good for everyone. I wonder what curious superhot idea for a superpower the lurker reading this has they're greedily keeping themselves right now? 
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, SCOTT R, Monty
More
19 Sep 2018 17:04 - 19 Sep 2018 18:49 #61290 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic Why don't you post???
You should check out Little Miss KickAss on YouTube. She gains Superhuman Powers as a teenager and can walk through walls after being grounded by her mom - and she can do plenty of other things. It is produced with a nice comedic effect. Worth a look!

Last edit: 19 Sep 2018 18:49 by Monty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, Dru1076, SCOTT R
More
26 Sep 2018 02:14 #61353 by Akane
Replied by Akane on topic Why don't you post???
Most of the stuff in this forum (and this page as a whole) is related to Supergirl, Supergirl expies with her same power set or evil muscular ladies and that isn't very attractive or fresh to me. Even if my characters share powers with these characters to some degree, I must admit I'm more of a fan of female omnipotence rather than superheroines.

I will still publish my stories here, even if they are a bit different from the regular content people expect to read on the library. I don't get that much feedback but it's okay since I just want people read and enjoy my stuff. Seems like the core of my audience in SWM are lurkers rather than active or old guard members.

Still, if I find some threads I like (like the asian girl thread) I will post in them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395
More
26 Sep 2018 14:39 #61356 by fats
Replied by fats on topic Why don't you post???
hi all,

I'm going to close this thread as I've now gotten a good idea as to the main issues with the site and it will help me make the changes needed to take this site to its next stage.

There are three main issues that need to be addressed, these are:-
  • The over-reliance on Supergirl and the powers contained within the show, we need to look at the whole other gaunt of powers and see how we can integrate them into the site, without losing the "core" of what the site is all about
  • Privately people have expressed concerns about the lack of stories and the lack of new writers, I need to see how we can get some of the inactive members to write, I have ideas about that and will bring them forward soon
  • Navigation of the site needs to be improved, some people don't know about some of the lesser features, e.g the tracker, the web links, I need to look at the menu and the overall site navigation
Two other issues that I have personally id'ed and that is the front page news item, I'm going to get that addressed, maybe get someone to become the official blogger of the site, I know who I want but I'm not sure he's available.  The other issue is the site skin, it's good but still not perfect, it's something that will look in to over the coming months.

I would like to thanks all those who have pm'ed me and replied to this thread your contribution is invaluable.

Thanks

Fats
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, Monty
  • fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds