Amount

Front Page Blogger

30 Sep 2018 22:29 #61398 by fats
Front Page Blogger was created by fats
Hi all,

I'm looking for someone to be the site's official blogger, their role will be to post new content to the front page of the site that is in keeping with the site's ethos (no peril) you will gain a special rank on the forum.  Anyone can apply just leave a message here and I'll get back in touch.

Fats

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
01 Oct 2018 17:46 #61411 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Front Page Blogger
Fats - I know you said "someone" but are you looking for a couple people or just a single person? I think if it was a couple/few you might get more diverse content and less pressure to be the only source - but at the same time a bit of gamification.

I'm going to bow out because I'd like to focus my time on producing content but the people that volunteer I should/will probably give inside scoops too. :^)

More
01 Oct 2018 19:14 #61414 by erikphandel
Replied by erikphandel on topic Front Page Blogger
What kind of abilities would this person potentially have to have? What kind of content will they post? How often should they post on the blog? I probably won't be able to volunteer but I'm just curious as what the job entails

More
01 Oct 2018 20:29 #61417 by fats
Replied by fats on topic Front Page Blogger
it can be one or a team of bloggers, I have no preference on that.

On the powers, the user(s) will be a made a site editor, which has a lot more powers like the ability to edit stories (woodclaw will kill me for telling you that), the ability to upload pics to the server and a new role on the forum.  You will have access to a dedicated link for posting content to the blog, without admin approval, also if needed I can set you up with a @superwomenmania.com email address, other features will be added as and when needed.

Fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
01 Oct 2018 21:12 #61418 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Front Page Blogger

fats wrote: it can be one or a team of bloggers, I have no preference on that.

On the powers, the user(s) will be a made a site editor, which has a lot more powers like the ability to edit stories (woodclaw will kill me for telling you that), the ability to upload pics to the server and a new role on the forum.  You will have access to a dedicated link for posting content to the blog, without admin approval, also if needed I can set you up with a @superwomenmania.com email address, other features will be added as and when needed.

Fats

I'll kill you as soon as I can get in touch with one of DKC's girls :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lulu, TheOne25

More
02 Oct 2018 20:18 #61433 by conceptfan
Replied by conceptfan on topic Front Page Blogger

erikphandel wrote: What kind of abilities would this person potentially have to have?

I think erikphandel was asking about the qualifications required for applicants (e.g. a degree in law, black belt in HTML, clean driving licence... etc.) rather then the benefits that come with the job...
That said, I am fantasising about a girl with super edit powers:  "I'll tweak your text and there's NOTHING you can do about it!  Your puny weapons are no match for my exemption from admin approval."
Personally, I'm too unreliable, not to mention way too niche in interests to apply.  I'm with Random: I really think a team of bloggers, with different expertises and styles is the way to go forwards.

More
02 Oct 2018 21:19 #61434 by fats
the idea of a team is growing on me, so far I've had a statement of interest from Markie, 

I'm going to wait for a little while longer to see who else is up for it.

Fats
The following user(s) said Thank You: conceptfan, Markiehoe

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
02 Oct 2018 22:59 #61435 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Front Page Blogger

fats wrote: the idea of a team is growing on me, so far I've had a statement of interest from Markie, 

I'm going to wait for a little while longer to see who else is up for it.

Fats

I'm interested in writing a blog entry from time to time, as part of a team. It would be great to see different perspectives represented in the blog. 

Shadar
The following user(s) said Thank You: conceptfan, Sarge395, Markiehoe

• shadar
  • Away
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
02 Oct 2018 22:59 #61436 by Random321

erikphandel wrote: What kind of abilities would this person potentially have to have? What kind of content will they post? How often should they post on the blog? I probably won't be able to volunteer but I'm just curious as what the job entails

Speaking just for myself I would hope to see:
- Posts regarding rumors about major heroine studio productions
- Posts that have commentary and feedback about fan films
- Posts that call out exceptional story and image content
- Posts with tips and tricks on where to find that content and hashtags to search
- Major member interviews

I know I struggle to keep things on my page fresh but it's amazing what just something once a week does for fan interaction.
The following user(s) said Thank You: conceptfan, oldHarmonyMotion

More
03 Oct 2018 01:37 #61439 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Front Page Blogger
I would be very happy to be part of a rotating team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: conceptfan, shadar

More
07 Oct 2018 00:18 #61489 by slim36
Replied by slim36 on topic Front Page Blogger
Will this become like wikisuperwomanpedia?

More
03 Nov 2018 23:36 #61870 by fats
I've allowed this idea to fall by the wayside so I wanted to check that the people still wanted to be the site's bloggers and if there is anyone else who is up for the role please reply to this thread.

I'll be setting the role up this week.

Fats
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
03 Nov 2018 23:49 #61872 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Front Page Blogger
I'm in.

More
02 Apr 2019 16:38 - 02 Apr 2019 16:39 #63565 by Random321
I wanted to bump this up because in another thread it was asked if there were other forums for general superheroine fans ~ while there are some others I don't think there is a place that has a bigger draw and our focus.

The forum posting volume and webpage features are the best they've been and the library has great content and seems to be getting fresh content more often than it used to. That's even with some of the discord channel fragmentation. I'm sure we've all also felt some fragmentation as perhaps show/movie specific sites and social media draw traffic. I don't see that lasting forever and I think we'd be wise to keep the front page a little more refreshed to help capture those fleeting new searches and eyes as the MSM high water mark perhaps recedes over the next year or two.

I think it's very important we foster the community and keep things as fresh as possible. We can even keep it simple ~ things in our own forum sometimes rise to being front page worthy: I thought Fred9101's thread on costumes vs civies was great and totally front page poll and post worthy.
Last edit: 02 Apr 2019 16:39 by Random321.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fred9101

More
03 Apr 2019 00:16 #63576 by Fred9101
Replied by Fred9101 on topic Front Page Blogger

Random321 wrote: I think it's very important we foster the community and keep things as fresh as possible. We can even keep it simple ~ things in our own forum sometimes rise to being front page worthy: I thought Fred9101's thread on costumes vs civies was great and totally front page poll and post worthy.

Thanks Random, really appreciate. Its cool to see the popularity of this thread.

More
04 Apr 2019 07:35 #63608 by bionicskillz
Replied by bionicskillz on topic Front Page Blogger

Random321 wrote: I wanted to bump this up because in another thread it was asked if there were other forums for general superheroine fans ~ while there are some others I don't think there is a place that has a bigger draw and our focus.

Hi Random - off topic, but who is that lovely creature as your avatar? Thanks!

More
04 Apr 2019 19:59 #63619 by Random321

bionicskillz wrote:

Random321 wrote: I wanted to bump this up because in another thread it was asked if there were other forums for general superheroine fans ~ while there are some others I don't think there is a place that has a bigger draw and our focus.

Hi Random - off topic, but who is that lovely creature as your avatar? Thanks!

Bionicskillz: That's Bella ~ a new PSW model. If you've not stopped by the PSW webpage blog lately consider taking a look. You can see (or download no charge ~ link at the bottom) 16 full res images from our photo shoot.

www.projectsuperwoman.com/news-blog/mind...el-10-years-on-psw#/
The following user(s) said Thank You: bionicskillz, aguilauno, Brad2

More
05 Apr 2019 03:52 #63623 by Brad2
Replied by Brad2 on topic Front Page Blogger
Off topic thought/request:  Love to see Bella (the PSW Mindy Marvel redhead) lift a building or truck...(this can be video or photomanip).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Random321

More
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds