Amount

URGENT - and I do mean urgent

15 Jan 2019 20:34 #62660 by Raa
Replied by Raa on topic URGENT - and I do mean urgent
Thanks to everyone that kicked into the kitty.

And a MAJOR thanks to the team that keeps this site up and running!
The following user(s) said Thank You: fats

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2019 22:25 #62661 by bionicskillz
Replied by bionicskillz on topic URGENT - and I do mean urgent
If we donate later on does our money sit somewhere until the time comes to pay the bill?  I donated last year but right now I'm freelancing and money's a bit tight. But I want to give something in the future.

We should open up a money market account or something, lol.

More
16 Jan 2019 00:35 #62662 by Lulu
Replied by Lulu on topic URGENT - and I do mean urgent
Will send 20 Dollars too!

More
16 Jan 2019 03:13 #62663 by sv.risctakr
Replied by sv.risctakr on topic URGENT - and I do mean urgent
A long-time lurker myself, I didn't want to see this site just go into the internet abyss.  Donated to keep this unique place around.

• sv.risctakr
  • Away
More
16 Jan 2019 07:17 - 16 Jan 2019 07:18 #62664 by stmercy2020
Replied by stmercy2020 on topic URGENT - and I do mean urgent
Obviously, I can't speak for anyone else... I suspect I am rather anomalous in this regard, but I do not object to you posting the stmercy2020@yahoo.com email that I use for paypal. It doubles as one of my business emails, so the more attention it gets, the better!

Apart from that, you might consider asking people who donated if they wish to be recognized and by what name/account. For myself, I don't have any particular interest, except that I think/hope that if people see some names of people who have already donated, they might be more inclined to donate in the future.

For my part, I am extremely grateful for all that you do; you run a quality site with a minimum of drama, and that is exactly what I want after a hard day at work. Thank you!
Last edit: 16 Jan 2019 07:18 by stmercy2020. Reason: mistyped my own damn email!

More
16 Jan 2019 12:42 #62666 by SHTL
Replied by SHTL on topic URGENT - and I do mean urgent
Just donated 20 USD
Long life to SWM 
SHTL
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, fats

• SHTL
  • Away
More
16 Jan 2019 21:17 #62669 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic URGENT - and I do mean urgent

stmercy2020 wrote: Obviously, I can't speak for anyone else... I suspect I am rather anomalous in this regard, but I do not object to you posting the stmercy2020@yahoo.com email that I use for paypal. It doubles as one of my business emails, so the more attention it gets, the better!

Apart from that, you might consider asking people who donated if they wish to be recognized and by what name/account. For myself, I don't have any particular interest, except that I think/hope that if people see some names of people who have already donated, they might be more inclined to donate in the future.

For my part, I am extremely grateful for all that you do; you run a quality site with a minimum of drama, and that is exactly what I want after a hard day at work. Thank you!

Many of us use screen names because we are simply more comfortable sharing our imaginations that way. It's not a big deal for people in Read-Only mode, but many of us who write stories and post our thoughts frequently are more comfortable with an alias. 

As we see over and over, ANYTHING and everything you've ever posted on a web site or social media is ultimately retrievable and could be used in inappropriate contexts. At least when tied to your real name. While our real names and locations are disclosed when donating, and thereby not truly secret, I believe it's important that information remains in the hands of the site owners and developers (who I trust) and not shared with the general public.

Shadar. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, Raa, fats, Franky, Revan

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
17 Jan 2019 19:35 #62677 by Franky
Replied by Franky on topic URGENT - and I do mean urgent
I just read this topic today. I'm a bit late, but I just donated.

Thanks or your great site! I visit it regularly each week.

More
18 Jan 2019 15:20 #62682 by stmercy2020
Replied by stmercy2020 on topic URGENT - and I do mean urgent
That's fair enough. 'Nuff said.

More
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds